Pavarotti Memorial Concert: 'Salute Petra' - October 12, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huda

Heir Presumptive
City
Riyadh
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pavarotti Tribute Concert on Sunday
Under the patronage of HRH Princess Haya Bint al Hussein of Jordan, a UN Messenger of Peace, the concert at the renowned archeological site at Petra will generate funds for projects in Afghanistan by UNHCR and the UN World Food Programme (WFP) as well as to the Petra National Trust.
Reuters AlertNet - Pavarotti Tribute Concert on Sunday

Thanks Jordan, looking forward to this concert & I really hope that Haya does an apperance. It would be nice to see her attened.

Princess Haya Bint al-Hussein of Jordan (2ndR) and Nicoletta Mantovani Pavarotti (L), wife of the late Italian Maestro Luciano Pavarotti, and their doughter Alice arrive at the historic royal tomb called the Treasury at the archaeological site of Petra in Jordan on October 11, 2008, for a memorial event marking the first year since the death of the great tenor. A large crowd of celebrities including Princess Haya Bint al-Hussein of Jordan, Pavarotti's second wife Nicoletta and rock icon Sting gathered at the historical site to pay tribute to the artist. This event it due to be capped off tomorrow night with a memorial charity concert that will raise money for projects in Afghanistan by UNHCR and the UN World Food Programme. AFP PHOTO/AWAD AWAD

Pic 1

Pic 2

I watched her on alarabiya tv talking about the same event ...

Pavarotti Memorial Concert: October 12, 2008

hope to see p.ali or rym tonight.

I cant see King Abdullah and Prince Hamzah though, which is weird .

i think all should have wore traditional dresses. P. Noor looked very cute i like her.

nice to see the family together,i think this is one of rare event that i see them in same place:)
shame PAlia didn't attend also King Adullah.

What a nice suprise, I didnt expect to see Rania, P.Muna and Noor. It was good seeing them all. Looked like it was a chilli evening.

:previous: This is may be slightly off-topic Dazzling, but I think you meant "chilly" (cold) evening. "Chili" refers to the pepper. ;)

I cant see King Abdullah and Prince Hamzah though, which is weird .

Maybe they weren't fans of Pavarotti?:D Or maybe they weren't directly involved in the project anyway so their presence is more of a perk or privilege rather than a must.

Last edited:
Sting joins royalty and opera greats in paying tribute to Pavarotti

...They joined Jordan's Princess Haya Bint al-Hussein, who had teamed up with the singer's widow to organise the special event... - HelloMagazine

Thank you for all the photos. I remember reading about this a few weeks ago in the Princess Haya thread. I think it's safe to say the event was a huge success, it's wonderful to see such an incredible singer being honoured.

In some shots you can see the Petra ruins in the background and it looks incredible.

The BBC has a couple of articles on the event:

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In pictures: Pavarotti concert

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Tenors reunite for Pavarotti gala

Some more articles:

Pavarotti tribute concert held in Petra, Jordan

. . . Sunday night's concert was held on what would have been Pavarotti's 73rd birthday. It's been said Pavarotti had always wanted to give a performance at Petra.

. . . Other performers, including Bono, Céline Dion, Andrea Bocelli and Sting, made the trek through the mountains to the site of the ancient Treasury.

. . . The Petra event was by invitation only and proceeds will be donated to the United Nations. Pavarotti tribute concert held in Petra, Jordan

King confers upon Pavarotti Al Hussein Medal for Distinguished Performance

His Majesty King Abdullah II bestowed upon Italian Opera Singer Pavarotti Al Hussein Medal – First Order in his contributions and his humanitarian role as a peace ambassador of the UN.

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah presented the medal to Pavarotti's widow . . . News

Back
Top Bottom