Official visit from Malaysia - September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Malaysian King to Visit Jordan Next Month

Amman, Aug. 30 (Petra)-- In response to an invitation from their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania, their Majesties King Seyd Sirajjudin and Queen Fawzeyah Ben Abdul Rashid will arrive in Amman on Septemebr, 10, on a 3-day official visit. Petra

From Bernama.com:

...According to the visit itinerary, their majesties would be arriving at Queen Alia International Airport in Amman on Sunday to start their three-day visit to Jordan.
From the airport, they will proceed to the Basman Palace for an official welcoming ceremony.
The royal couple will then have an audience with King Abdullah II and Queen Rania before attending the official banquet at the palace.
On Monday, their majesties are scheduled to visit the Cave of the Sleepers in the southern suburb of Amman...

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=218785

King and Queen Arrive In Jordan For A Three-Day Visit

AMMAN, Sept 10 (Bernama) -- The Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Syed Putra Jamalullail and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Fauziah Tengku Abdul Rashid arrived here Sunday to begin a three-day official visit to Jordan.

The private jet carrying Their Majesties landed at Queen Alia International Airport at 4pm local time (9pm Malaysian time).

Jordanian Royal Protocol officer Faisal Al Hassan and Malaysian Ambassador to Jordan Hasnuddin Hamzah boarded the aircraft to welcome the royal couple. Bernama

Pictures from Petra

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, I adore the dress Rania is wearing (I think she has worn it before) .

Larzen said:
Thanks for the pictures, I adore the dress Rania is wearing (I think she has worn it before) .

Very nice pictures indeed!
Yes, Rania has worn this dress before.
It's a (wonderful) Elle Saab creation, if I remember right. But I don't remeber the occassion she wore it on right now.

Last edited:
She wore the dress to a wedding - Princess Basma's daughter, I think. It's a lovely dress.

I love that dress!
So glad Queen Rania is wearing it again. She wore it previously in September 2004 (while she was pregnant with Prince Hashem) at the wedding of Princess Basma's daughter Farah.

btw....I didn't know the dress was by Elie Saab.

Avalon and Humera, that was not an Elie Saab dress,sometimes some magazines credit dresses worn by Rania to Elie Saab,as she had worn a lot from him,but that's not the case always.

I am sure about it,because I am quit familar about what was Elie Saab's collection for FW and SS 2004/2005 when QR wore that dress,it was not one of them.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I love that dress!
So glad Queen Rania is wearing it again. She wore it previously in September 2004 (while she was pregnant with Prince Hashem) at the wedding of Princess Basma's daughter Farah.

btw....I didn't know the dress was by Elie Saab.

Thanks! I remembered it had something to do with a wedding but...:blush:
Mind, I am not entirely sure it's Elie Saab creation, I just remember reading in a magazine it was.

Edit: thakns Salome for clarifying, I did believe it was Saab but I was obviously mistaken. :blush::blush::blush:

Last edited:
I cant believe there aren't any pics of the dinner banquet:bang:
Hamzah , Noor, Rayah and I think I saw Hashim and Queen NOor were there, :mad::mad:

Queen Noor attend the dinner?

I liked the dress,but Queen Rania looks grumpy in the two first pictures

Well, can i say that, i love that dress.. eh eh eh. Thanks for the pics.

lil monkey, was there footage of the dinner on tv? ...

as for the dress, i think it is designed by a jordanian - like many of her other thobes...

In one picture they all looked grumpy! I like the queen's dress, but i thought her hair looked too simple to what she was wearing.

I saw the news late last night, and I mistaken Ghaida Talal for Queen Noor, sorry guys cuz it was a quick footage of her..

madonna23 said:
l
as for the dress, i think it is designed by a jordanian - like many of her other thobes...

yes I was going to mention that that might be the case. I have a scan of the dress from Hola and you can see the embroidery in it really clearly, it looks very traditional.

Few more pictures from yesterday (AP via Yahoo, Profimedia, and Gettyimages)

Last edited:
Can someone tell me why their was no one from the Jordan Royal family with the Royals from Malaysian while their were visitng the caves and the centers. I notice their might of been representives, but aren't there usual royal who go visiting with them? They did it when the Royal from Spain came?

Claudia Lisa Remy said:
Can someone tell me why their was no one from the Jordan Royal family with the Royals from Malaysian while their were visitng the caves and the centers. I notice their might of been representives, but aren't there usual royal who go visiting with them? They did it when the Royal from Spain came?

Yea I thought that was strange too. It seems a little rude to me? But I'm sure that king and queen will host a luncheon or something in their honor, at least they should.

I would of though that Queen Rania would be at the center when the Queen of malaysi visited. I think she was with the Queen of Spain all the time or most of time on her tour of Jordan. so why not with this visit? find that a bit rude. At least have a member of the Family with her/them.

A lunch/dinner in their honor is not enough. You dont treat guests like that.

ZZZ said:
I would of though that Queen Rania would be at the center when the Queen of malaysi visited. I think she was with the Queen of Spain all the time or most of time on her tour of Jordan. so why not with this visit? find that a bit rude. At least have a member of the Family with her/them.

A lunch/dinner in their honor is not enough. You dont treat guests like that.

There were members of the royal family with her/them: Prince Raad and/or his wife Princess Majda.

Queen Fauziah visits Jordan River Foundation

Amman, 11Sept. (Petra)—Her Majesty Queen Fauziah Abdul Rashid, spouse of His Majesty King of Malaysia , and representative of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, Her Royal Highness Princess Majda Raad, on Monday visited Queen Rania Center for Family and Child (QRCFC) of River Jordan Foundation (RJF) , which is the first social center of its kind in the Arab world. The center works to spread the culture of child protection. Petra

King, Queen of Malaysia Visit Sites in the Kingdom

Amman, Sep. 11(Petra)-- King Syed Sirajuddin Syed Putra and Queen Fauziah Abdul Rashid of Malaysia visited on Monday the Cave of the Seven Sleepers (Kahf Al- Raqim) in Amman.

The Cave, which is mentioned in the Holy Qur'an in a Sura named Al-Kahf (the Cave), is located outside the village of Al-Raqim, 10 km east of Amman.

Their Majesties, who were accompanied by HRH Prince Raad bin Zeid, were received by the Jordanian Ambassador in Malaysia, the Malaysian Ambassador in Jordan and Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, who briefed the Malaysian King and Queen on the importance of the site. Petra

There was Prince Raad receiving them at the aeroport,and also his wife Majda at the caves of sleepers visit,and Jordan river's foundation.

Rania used to be with wives of head od states or queens for such as visits,like Mr. Bush or Queen Sofia, wonder why not this visit.

Raad and Majda are prince Zeid's parents who is actually candidate to UNSG,and I think this visit is a part of Zeid's candidature promotion within some Asian countries to get their votes ;) ,because actually,never we have seen them involved such as way in official visits to Jordan,and this came in this time,as the votes will be closed for UN by the end of october.

Back
Top Bottom