New Year's Cards: 2005-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micas

Royal Highness
Country
Portugal
Jordan royals, King Abdullah and Queen Rania, send their New Year wishes for 2005, for ´a year filled with love, hope and peace´, in Amman, Jordan, on January 2005. On their card, signed by ´Abdullah & Rania´, the royal couple appear without children in a photo dated a year or two, while Queen Rania is almost going to give birth to her fourth child.

Lovely pic!!!!

Attachments

• 1158656_b.jpg
    1158656_b.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 2,784
  • 1158634_b.jpg
    1158634_b.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 968
micas said:
Jordan royals, King Abdullah and Queen Rania, send their New Year wishes for 2005, for ´a year filled with love, hope and peace´, in Amman, Jordan, on January 2005. On their card, signed by ´Abdullah & Rania´, the royal couple appear without children in a photo dated a year or two, while Queen Rania is almost going to give birth to her fourth child.

Lovely pic!!!!
what a lovely picture, it must have been taken a while back cause she doesnt look pregnant

I love the new year's picture. Frankly, I think that an official picture of a pregnant Rania wouldn't have been that bad.
I was also hoping for a couple of nice Ramadan/Eid pictures. They've had one every year except 2004. Atleast I havent come across one.

Jordan Royal Family's New Year card for 2006 has already been sent , on December 6 , 2005. For this year , King Abdullah II and Queen Rania pose with their four children , R-L Princess Iman 9 years , Prince Hashem less than one year , Prince Hussein 11 years , Princess Salma 5 years . For the first time , the card also bears verses from the Quran , which reminds that King Abdullah II is a hashemite , member of the very same family of the Prophet Muhammad. c dpa

In past few years we only saw a portrait of the King and Queen on the new year's cards so its wonderful to see a picture of the entire family. Little Hashem is soooo cute!
The other kids look so grown up, especially Salma.

Attachments

• 043101_4.jpg
    043101_4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 13,538
Last edited:
aaawww.. this is lovely...
The children looks lovely, and they looked like very loving family..

will other members of JRF released new year's card?

They are a really adorable family. I love them very much

purple_platinum said:
will other members of JRF released new year's card?

im sure some of them do in a personal capacity.
I only recall seeing new years' cards from the King and Queen in the press which makes sense since they're the heads of the royal family.

what is the verse they used? where did you get the picture, website?

The particular verse isnt mentioned in the caption.
The picture is from dpa (fotomarktplatz)

The children are beautiful! I didn't realize the baby had gotten so big!

Are KA and QR the only ones who have an annual New Year's card or do other members of the family (and their own famillies) create one, as well?

Here are more pictures of the card. From Abaca

Last edited:
Awesome. Anyone know if they signed in Arabic or some other language (or whose signature is whose?)
Thanks!

They signed in Arabic, the one on your left is Rania's and the one on the right is KA's.

LOVELY picture
prince Hashem is very cute
and Prince Hussein became a young man :cool:

Queen Rania and the older kids are wearing shades of blue while KA and little Hashem are in neutral tones. Maybe its a coincidence but I love the colour scheme in this picture, very warm and inviting. I wonder if this was taken at the new palace or the home in Aqaba.
Prince Hashem looks so much like his brother Hussein when he was a baby.

Mashallah! The card is beautiful,"May God protect them"..I am very happy to see them like that,Hussien Has become a VERY handsome young man,Mashallah...Iman and Salma are adorable...Awwww even baby Hashim looks sooo cute :)
I love what QR is wearing,I love the jeans on her it suits her figure so much...
wel,King Abdullah has always been a cutie ;)

I remember,last Year Hamzah and Noor sent a card as well,I wonder if they will do the same this year...I think Ali,Rym and Baby Jalilah will send a card too (well,I hope so anyway :))

Happy 2006 everyone,may 2006 bring u all ,Happiness,success joy and above all love and Peace :)

Humera do you have a picture for prince Hussein when he was a baby ?
I would love to see it .

Now, it's just a question, OK?
Do people mind that the King and his family are not dressed in their national dresses in a public potrait?I mean they are dressed like anyother family in anyother country, so do people in Jordan object?
IT's just a question.:)

I think its nice that its informal - they've done formal dresses before so this is a change. but i just wish rania and iman were facing the camera!! i don't know - maybe it's to give it an informal air but i thought it was weird that all the gals weren't looking at the camera. it's a cute pic though.

polop said:
Now, it's just a question, OK?
Do people mind that the King and his family are not dressed in their national dresses in a public potrait?I mean they are dressed like anyother family in anyother country, so do people in Jordan object?
IT's just a question.:)

I don't think so,as a jordanian I didn't really think it makes any difference whether in Tradtional or casual :)

A beautiful picture, mashallah! Prince Hashem is so big now, it's been a while since I've seen any pictures of him. And Prince Hussein looks like he might be a bit of a heartbreaker when he's older!

I like this card very much. It shows the entire family--which is very nice to see. And I love KA's smile! He looks so happy. Thanks for posting, Humera.

By the way, I don't find the more casual dress inappropriate (speaking as someone who doesn't live in the Middle East). I think it adds to the charm.

"By the way, I don't find the more casual dress inappropriate (speaking as someone who doesn't live in the Middle East). I think it adds to the charm."

I agree, it's a nice touch. Charles and Camilla's Christmas card features a photo from their wedding and I know I would have preferred a family shot from a more informal setting.

Hi,

Thanks for these pics, they are beautiful. I love to see informal pics like this - so much more charming than stiff formal ones. They look like such a happy family. Think their outfits are fine, it isn't the clothes that are important but the qualities that people have. Delightful.

Doeaqs anyone have pictures for the other royal's new year cards? Ali & Rym? Queen Noor?

They'd be nice to see! I know a lot of people would love to see PAli and PRym with their daughter!!!!!:)

lizz70 said:
Doeaqs anyone have pictures for the other royal's new year cards? Ali & Rym? Queen Noor?

For those of you who are wondering if other members of the JRF send similar cards (whether for new year's or Eid), here's an excerpt from an article which is actually about the recent Arab media conference in Dubia which was attended by Queen Rania:

"Queen Rania of Jordan attended the opening session, and it was an opportunity to thank her for something specifically Jordanian. On certain occasions, Jordanians exchange cards with family pictures on them. I recently received one with the King and Queen and their children, which I added to early ones, in which you see the children grow. I have similar annual cards from Prince Talal bin Mohammed and Princes Ghida and their children, and from many other friends."

http://english.daralhayat.com/opinion/OPED/12-2005/Article-20051213-24fdd767-c0a8-10ed-0041-2f4b75c5dc31/story.html

Back
Top Bottom