The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Veram98's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: at different places, Germany
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
As far as I know the Gardiners are Jews!! This is what I get it from I could be right or wrong, and no body brought up the whole Rabin funeral or Mrs.Halabi's descent! So you need to calm Down when trying to correct an info!
According to King Hussein's book (uneasy lies the head) princess Muna did convert to Islam and she is the one who asked not to have the title Queen.
You are wrong concerning the Gardiners, Muna's parents were Christians.
__________________

__________________
  #102  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Nobility's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ******, Greenland
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
KHussein himself emphasized several times that Muna is now a Muslim (of course, it's up to you to believe that he was a chronic liar). And when the King of Jordan wants to not comply with the constitution, he is doing something to change the specific article of the constitution relevant for the matter. KHussein was always eager to create the impression not to break the constitution but to fulfill it. He would have ammended the constitution like he did in 1965 when he wanted to be able to name a brother crown prince instead of the eldest son.
Of course he would emphasize that because he wanted Muna to be accepted to Jordanians! It is not I don't believe you, it is because I know the whole family closely dear! We have to understand that the Royal family members or King Hussein could not tell the truth for so many reasons, also as a family they have their own privacy! The constitution is a human's made, it is not a law from God that all humans have to comply with, so it could be amended to whatever the king wants! Peace!!
__________________

__________________
AN AUTHOR.
  #103  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobility View Post
Of course he would emphasize that because he wanted Muna to be accepted to Jordanians! It is not I don't believe you, it is because I know the whole family closely dear! We have to understand that the Royal family members or King Hussein could not tell the truth for so many reasons, also as a family they have their own privacy! The constitution is a human's made, it is not a law from God that all humans have to comply with, so it could be amended to whatever the king wants! Peace!!
In that case it seems that you have shared completely new information with us, that no-one knew....are you sure the family likes that you have spread this news?
__________________
  #104  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
As far as I know the Gardiners are Jews!! This is what I get it from I could be right or wrong, So you need to calm Down when trying to correct an info!
According to King Hussein's book (uneasy lies the head) princess Muna did convert to Islam and she is the one who asked not to have the title Queen.
Yes Tony converted to Islam days before her marriage therefore Abdullah is King now. And she prefers did not received the title of Queen she is very discret.
And as Veram has written: Percy and Doris Gardiner (Muna´s parents) were christians
__________________
TRF BLOG
  #105  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Veram98's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: at different places, Germany
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobility View Post
Of course he would emphasize that because he wanted Muna to be accepted to Jordanians! It is not I don't believe you, it is because I know the whole family closely dear! We have to understand that the Royal family members or King Hussein could not tell the truth for so many reasons, also as a family they have their own privacy! The constitution is a human's made, it is not a law from God that all humans have to comply with, so it could be amended to whatever the king wants! Peace!!
As Lee-Z said - are you really authorized to tell us what PMuna is believing in her heart or that KHussein was cheating his people? I doubt that a real friend of the JRF would do something like this.
__________________
  #106  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
As far as I know the Gardiners are Jews!! This is what I get it from I could be right or wrong, So you need to calm Down when trying to correct an info!
According to King Hussein's book (uneasy lies the head) princess Muna did convert to Islam and she is the one who asked not to have the title Queen.
I hardly need to calm down because I am not upset. I was merely pointing out that some poster was claiming that both Muna and Noor come from Jewish families which is not true. The poster also claims that King Hussein would willfully ignore the laws of his own land, so in effect the poster was attacking both his wives and the late King himself with malicious gossip or deliberate misinformation for some purpose of their own.
__________________
  #107  
Old 01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Nobility's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ******, Greenland
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
In that case it seems that you have shared completely new information with us, that no-one knew....are you sure the family likes that you have spread this news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
As Lee-Z said - are you really authorized to tell us what PMuna is believing in her heart or that KHussein was cheating his people? I doubt that a real friend of the JRF would do something like this.
Dear Lee-Z and Verma98, the information I gave away were not top secrets information about the royal family in Jordan! In Fact, a lot of people knew these information!

I would not call that cheating form King Hussein, but think of it, as a head of a huge house who wants to satisfy his people and himself, he was okay with not telling his people. Ultimately King Hussein has the right who to marry whoever he likes, no matter what her religion is, but at the same time he thought that this would upset some of Jordanian tribes in Jordan, since Jordan is a Muslim country and the Jordanian tribes are kind of strict about this. He was actually smart not to put himself in a situation like that!!

Regarding the constitution in Jordan, king Hussein amended the article, in the constitution, where it says originally that the king of the country has to be born to an Arab father and mother, because he wanted his eldest son to succeed him. If we go back to the original constitution Prince Ali, Queen Alia's son, should be the king of Jordan now, not Abdullah not Hamza! I don't mean to bring up a whole different issue now but I just want to clarify this to you dears!! Peace.!!

Definitely nothing wrong to be Christian or Jew I respect both religions and I have lots of friends from both religions!!
__________________
AN AUTHOR.
  #108  
Old 01-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Veram98's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: at different places, Germany
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobility View Post
Dear Lee-Z and Verma98, the information I gave away were not top secrets information about the royal family in Jordan! In Fact, a lot of people knew these information!

I would not call that cheating form King Hussein, but think of it, as a head of a huge house who wants to satisfy his people and himself, he was okay with not telling his people. Ultimately King Hussein has the right who to marry whoever he likes, no matter what her religion is, but at the same time he thought that this would upset some of Jordanian tribes in Jordan, since Jordan is a Muslim country and the Jordanian tribes are kind of strict about this. He was actually smart not to put himself in a situation like that!!

Regarding the constitution in Jordan, king Hussein amended the article, in the constitution, where it says originally that the king of the country has to be born to an Arab father and mother, because he wanted his eldest son to succeed him. If we go back to the original constitution Prince Ali, Queen Alia's son, should be the king of Jordan now, not Abdullah not Hamza! I don't mean to bring up a whole different issue now but I just want to clarify this to you dears!! Peace.!!
You are wrong, the constitution never said that the heir has to be the son of an Arab mother, only that the mother has to be Muslim. I am an historian and know Jordan's constitution with all its amendments since 1952 very well (I can say, that I know it inside out). KHussein never changed the constitution to be able to name Abdullah as heir - he only amended the constitution (or rather took care that the amendment occured) to name his brother Hassan as heir in 1965.
Because you are wrong in this rather essential part of your assertions, I am rather sure that all the other things you are claiming, are not true either. And if a lot of people would know your informations, some people, I know myself very well, would know them, too - and they are denying your allegations in no uncertain manner ("complete and utter rubbish").
__________________
  #109  
Old 01-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,160
Let's stop the speculative discussion.

If you have something to support your claim, than please cite the source. Otherwise, its time to move on.


Additional speculative posts will be deleted without notice.
__________________
.

  #110  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,156
The last name : Halaby, is not Arab? I always thought QNoor had some Arab roots.
__________________
  #111  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425

Queen Noor does have Arabian roots; her father, Najeeb Elias Halaby, emigrated from Syria (then part of the Ottoman Empire) to the United States in 1891.
  #112  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 AM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
You are wrong, the constitution never said that the heir has to be the son of an Arab mother, only that the mother has to be Muslim. I am an historian and know Jordan's constitution with all its amendments since 1952 very well (I can say, that I know it inside out). KHussein never changed the constitution to be able to name Abdullah as heir - he only amended the constitution (or rather took care that the amendment occured) to name his brother Hassan as heir in 1965.
Because you are wrong in this rather essential part of your assertions, I am rather sure that all the other things you are claiming, are not true either. And if a lot of people would know your informations, some people, I know myself very well, would know them, too - and they are denying your allegations in no uncertain manner ("complete and utter rubbish").
Dear Veram98 with all respect for you because you are an historian ,, But I’m gonna comment on your comment ,, First sorry because you must know better than me in such things because I’m not historian But I will say what I know .

That’s true about what one of the members here mentioned about Prince Ali ,,, the most one eligible to the throne from King Hussein sons is Prince Ali !!! ,,,, As I know the constitution has mentioned that the priority to the successor is who born to an Arab Parents ,,, But I said the " Priority " ,,, Not should be !! ,,,, But I have to mention too That priority to the successor is to the eldest son of the king too !!!

So King Abdullah he was eligible to The Throne too clearly
__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
  #113  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
The last name : Halaby, is not Arab? I always thought QNoor had some Arab roots.
Dear fandesacs2003 , Halaby Name is completely arabian !! and btw it’s not a name , it is a surname ,,, " Halab " is a state in Syria ! ,, and who belong to " Halab " , call him Halaby !! ,, for example : people of jordan , called as Jordanian ,, Or People of Iraq , called as Iraqi !! ,,, so it’s same Halaby came from Halab state !! ,,, But Queen Noor surname is Halaby not just because they were from Halab ,,, But it became as surname for some of people !!
__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
  #114  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 AM
christythedreamer's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ., China
Posts: 289
How did KH meet Queen Alia? Did he really just divorced Muna to marry Alia??
__________________
  #115  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 AM
christythedreamer's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ., China
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobility View Post
Muna does not have the "Queen" title because she did not convert to Islam! Noor got the title because she converted to Islam! By the way, Noor is a Jewish born dear! Her family from her mother's side are all Jews! The proof of Noor being a half Jew, or maybe full Jew were her tears is Rabin's funeral. The Israeli minister of Israel, he is her aunt's husband!! I mean her mother's sister's husband!
Huh? I thought Muna did not have the Queen title only because she thought the titile is "ridiculous" so KH agreed not to give her the title. At least this is claimed by King Abdullah in his book.
__________________
  #116  
Old 01-02-2013, 02:23 AM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobility View Post
No dear, King Hussein knew from the beginning that Muna is a Jewish born. Their marriage lasted for 11 years, so he did not divorce her because she refused to convert to Islam. He divorced her because he fell in love with Queen Alia!

Muna does not have the "Queen" title because she did not convert to Islam! Noor got the title because she converted to Islam! By the way, Noor is a Jewish born dear! Her family from her mother's side are all Jews! The proof of Noor being a half Jew, or maybe full Jew were her tears is Rabin's funeral. The Israeli minister of Israel, he is her aunt's husband!! I mean her mother's sister's husband!
In This Comment I agree with you word by word ,,, Princess Muna she does not convert to Islam that’s why she not get Queen Title !!! But to be honest I not know the current religion of Princess Muna

That’s why All Jordanians say K Abdullah not eligible to Throne ,, and they say Prince Hamzah eligible more because his mother is muslim ,,, But anyway King Abdullah he’s eligible !! no matter what the people say ,, because he’s eldest son of the king .

about Queen Noor I Know there is some side of her family are Jews , But not know more Details ,, But as I know Previous religion for Queen Noor is Christian & I’m sure her father is christian !!! ,,,, and that’s true I watched the Video of Rabin's funeral , yes She did Cried ..
__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
  #117  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 AM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
Huh? I thought Muna did not have the Queen title only because she thought the titile is "ridiculous" so KH agreed not to give her the title. At least this is claimed by King Abdullah in his book.
Darling No one reject Queen title , Whatever she is ,,, and if she thought the title of " Queen " is ridiculous , Doesn’t meant she’s Modest ,, That’s meant she insulting her husband tilte ,,, and Insulting the family titles that she became part of it !!
__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
  #118  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:16 AM
Burzg's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ---, United States
Posts: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
Antoinette Gardiner converted to Islam - from Christianity.
She converted a few days before her mariage and assumed then her new name Muna. That's why her son Abdullah could become heir to the throne immediately after his birth and again 1999.
The Jordanian constitution requires that any heir to the throne be born of a legitimate couple, and both parents should be Muslims.
In addition to Muslim, parents should both come from Arabic origins, so Prince Ali was the legitimate heir to the throne, but King Abdullah was the heir since birth because he is the first son and eldest for King Hussein.
__________________
  #119  
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,277
A muslim man (also a king) can marry a woman who is a Jew, a Christian or a Muslim. A conversion to Islam is not necessary. The kids of the couple are Muslims from birth. For the rule of succession or throne by the couple´s children the mother religion or her origin plays no role. Unless within the family "matter of fightings" starts for the succession. But that´s a problem in the family and not a social and legal point of view.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


  #120  
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Queen Noor does have Arabian roots; her father, Najeeb Elias Halaby, emigrated from Syria (then part of the Ottoman Empire) to the United States in 1891.
It's her grandfather, Najeeb Elias Halaby Sr, who emmigrated to United States from Syria; Queen Noor's father was born in Dallas in 1915.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caliph Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca, King of Hejaz and King of All Arabs Avalon Jordanian Royal History 2 06-03-2014 08:00 AM
King Hussein, his wives & children: their relationships with each other maryshawn Royal House of Jordan 154 12-02-2005 12:52 PM
If King Hussein Were Still Alive papillon Royal House of Jordan 4 06-26-2004 10:00 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge style fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]