King Hussein and his wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think King Hussein broke up with her because she was Jewish,
because Princess Muna was Jewish born !!
Yes! but he divorced her becuase she refused to convert to muslim.

Yes! but he divorced her becuase she refused to convert to muslim.

No dear, King Hussein knew from the beginning that Muna is a Jewish born. Their marriage lasted for 11 years, so he did not divorce her because she refused to convert to Islam. He divorced her because he fell in love with Queen Alia!

Muna does not have the "Queen" title because she did not convert to Islam! Noor got the title because she converted to Islam! By the way, Noor is a Jewish born dear! Her family from her mother's side are all Jews! The proof of Noor being a half Jew, or maybe full Jew were her tears is Rabin's funeral. The Israeli minister of Israel, he is her aunt's husband!! I mean her mother's sister's husband!

Last edited:
Where do people get the idea that Antoinette Gardiner (Princess Muna) was Jewish or that Doris Carlquist Halaby (Noor's mother), a woman of Swedish descent, was Jewish? How does shedding tears at the funeral of Rabin, a man with whom Hussein had worked for peace and was murdered for it, make anyone Jewish? Did King Husseins speaking at Rabins funeral turn him into a Jew? So ridiculous. Sounds like the typical malicious Amman gossip to detract from both ladies.

No dear, King Hussein knew from the beginning that Muna is a Jewish born. Their marriage lasted for 11 years, so he did not divorce her because she refused to convert to Islam. He divorced her because he fell in love with Queen Alia!

Muna does not have the "Queen" title because she did not convert to Islam! Noor got the title because she converted to Islam! By the way, Noor is a Jewish born dear! Her family from her mother's side are all Jews! The proof of Noor being a half Jew, or maybe full Jew were her tears is Rabin's funeral. The Israeli minister of Israel, he is her aunt's husband!! I mean her mother's sister's husband!
Really? :ohmy:

Antoinette Gardiner converted to Islam - from Christianity.
She converted a few days before her mariage and assumed then her new name Muna. That's why her son Abdullah could become heir to the throne immediately after his birth and again 1999.
The Jordanian constitution requires that any heir to the throne be born of a legitimate couple, and both parents should be Muslims.

She converted a few days before her mariage and assumed then her new name Muna. That's why her son Abdullah could become heir to the throne immediately after his birth and again 1999.
The Jordanian constitution requires that any heir to the throne be born of a legitimate couple, and both parents should be Muslims.

Oh, come on! Does the king have to comply with the constitution? Of course Not. Dear I am not making stuff up. Muna AlHussein till this moment is still Christian, she never converted to Islam like Noor!!

Where do people get the idea that Antoinette Gardiner (Princess Muna) was Jewish or that Doris Carlquist Halaby (Noor's mother), a woman of Swedish descent, was Jewish? How does shedding tears at the funeral of Rabin, a man with whom Hussein had worked for peace and was murdered for it, make anyone Jewish? Did King Husseins speaking at Rabins funeral turn him into a Jew? So ridiculous. Sounds like the typical malicious Amman gossip to detract from both ladies.

Dear, I am a very close friend to the family!! I have pictures of Noor's family where you can see her family members wearing the KIPA. Christians don't wear KIPA like Jews do!!

Well dear I do believe you need to recheck your "facts" again. The Carlquists were Lutherans not Jewish and crying at a funeral does not make Noor Jewish either.

Oh, come on! Does the king have to comply with the constitution? Of course Not. Dear I am not making stuff up. Muna AlHussein till this moment is still Christian, she never converted to Islam like Noor!!

KHussein himself emphasized several times that Muna is now a Muslim (of course, it's up to you to believe that he was a chronic liar). And when the King of Jordan wants to not comply with the constitution, he is doing something to change the specific article of the constitution relevant for the matter. KHussein was always eager to create the impression not to break the constitution but to fulfill it. He would have ammended the constitution like he did in 1965 when he wanted to be able to name a brother crown prince instead of the eldest son.

Last edited:

As far as I know the Gardiners are Jews!! This is what I get it from I could be right or wrong, So you need to calm Down when trying to correct an info!
According to King Hussein's book (uneasy lies the head) princess Muna did convert to Islam and she is the one who asked not to have the title Queen.

Last edited:
As far as I know the Gardiners are Jews!! This is what I get it from I could be right or wrong, and no body brought up the whole Rabin funeral or Mrs.Halabi's descent! So you need to calm Down when trying to correct an info!
According to King Hussein's book (uneasy lies the head) princess Muna did convert to Islam and she is the one who asked not to have the title Queen.

You are wrong concerning the Gardiners, Muna's parents were Christians.

KHussein himself emphasized several times that Muna is now a Muslim (of course, it's up to you to believe that he was a chronic liar). And when the King of Jordan wants to not comply with the constitution, he is doing something to change the specific article of the constitution relevant for the matter. KHussein was always eager to create the impression not to break the constitution but to fulfill it. He would have ammended the constitution like he did in 1965 when he wanted to be able to name a brother crown prince instead of the eldest son.

Of course he would emphasize that because he wanted Muna to be accepted to Jordanians! It is not I don't believe you, it is because I know the whole family closely dear! We have to understand that the Royal family members or King Hussein could not tell the truth for so many reasons, also as a family they have their own privacy! The constitution is a human's made, it is not a law from God that all humans have to comply with, so it could be amended to whatever the king wants! Peace!!

Of course he would emphasize that because he wanted Muna to be accepted to Jordanians! It is not I don't believe you, it is because I know the whole family closely dear! We have to understand that the Royal family members or King Hussein could not tell the truth for so many reasons, also as a family they have their own privacy! The constitution is a human's made, it is not a law from God that all humans have to comply with, so it could be amended to whatever the king wants! Peace!!

In that case it seems that you have shared completely new information with us, that no-one knew....are you sure the family likes that you have spread this news?

As far as I know the Gardiners are Jews!! This is what I get it from I could be right or wrong, So you need to calm Down when trying to correct an info!
Yes Tony converted to Islam days before her marriage therefore Abdullah is King now. And she prefers did not received the title of Queen she is very discret.
And as Veram has written: Percy and Doris Gardiner (Muna´s parents) were christians

As Lee-Z said - are you really authorized to tell us what PMuna is believing in her heart or that KHussein was cheating his people? I doubt that a real friend of the JRF would do something like this.

Last edited:
I hardly need to calm down because I am not upset. I was merely pointing out that some poster was claiming that both Muna and Noor come from Jewish families which is not true. The poster also claims that King Hussein would willfully ignore the laws of his own land, so in effect the poster was attacking both his wives and the late King himself with malicious gossip or deliberate misinformation for some purpose of their own.

In that case it seems that you have shared completely new information with us, that no-one knew....are you sure the family likes that you have spread this news?

As Lee-Z said - are you really authorized to tell us what PMuna is believing in her heart or that KHussein was cheating his people? I doubt that a real friend of the JRF would do something like this.

Dear Lee-Z and Verma98, the information I gave away were not top secrets information about the royal family in Jordan! In Fact, a lot of people knew these information!

I would not call that cheating form King Hussein, but think of it, as a head of a huge house who wants to satisfy his people and himself, he was okay with not telling his people. Ultimately King Hussein has the right who to marry whoever he likes, no matter what her religion is, but at the same time he thought that this would upset some of Jordanian tribes in Jordan, since Jordan is a Muslim country and the Jordanian tribes are kind of strict about this. He was actually smart not to put himself in a situation like that!!

Regarding the constitution in Jordan, king Hussein amended the article, in the constitution, where it says originally that the king of the country has to be born to an Arab father and mother, because he wanted his eldest son to succeed him. If we go back to the original constitution Prince Ali, Queen Alia's son, should be the king of Jordan now, not Abdullah not Hamza! I don't mean to bring up a whole different issue now but I just want to clarify this to you dears!! Peace.!!

Definitely nothing wrong to be Christian or Jew I respect both religions and I have lots of friends from both religions!!

Last edited:
Dear Lee-Z and Verma98, the information I gave away were not top secrets information about the royal family in Jordan! In Fact, a lot of people knew these information!

I would not call that cheating form King Hussein, but think of it, as a head of a huge house who wants to satisfy his people and himself, he was okay with not telling his people. Ultimately King Hussein has the right who to marry whoever he likes, no matter what her religion is, but at the same time he thought that this would upset some of Jordanian tribes in Jordan, since Jordan is a Muslim country and the Jordanian tribes are kind of strict about this. He was actually smart not to put himself in a situation like that!!

Regarding the constitution in Jordan, king Hussein amended the article, in the constitution, where it says originally that the king of the country has to be born to an Arab father and mother, because he wanted his eldest son to succeed him. If we go back to the original constitution Prince Ali, Queen Alia's son, should be the king of Jordan now, not Abdullah not Hamza! I don't mean to bring up a whole different issue now but I just want to clarify this to you dears!! Peace.!!

You are wrong, the constitution never said that the heir has to be the son of an Arab mother, only that the mother has to be Muslim. I am an historian and know Jordan's constitution with all its amendments since 1952 very well (I can say, that I know it inside out). KHussein never changed the constitution to be able to name Abdullah as heir - he only amended the constitution (or rather took care that the amendment occured) to name his brother Hassan as heir in 1965.
Because you are wrong in this rather essential part of your assertions, I am rather sure that all the other things you are claiming, are not true either. And if a lot of people would know your informations, some people, I know myself very well, would know them, too - and they are denying your allegations in no uncertain manner ("complete and utter rubbish").

Last edited:
Let's stop the speculative discussion.

If you have something to support your claim, than please cite the source. Otherwise, its time to move on.

Additional speculative posts will be deleted without notice.

The last name : Halaby, is not Arab? I always thought QNoor had some Arab roots.

:previous:
Queen Noor does have Arabian roots; her father, Najeeb Elias Halaby, emigrated from Syria (then part of the Ottoman Empire) to the United States in 1891.

You are wrong, the constitution never said that the heir has to be the son of an Arab mother, only that the mother has to be Muslim. I am an historian and know Jordan's constitution with all its amendments since 1952 very well (I can say, that I know it inside out). KHussein never changed the constitution to be able to name Abdullah as heir - he only amended the constitution (or rather took care that the amendment occured) to name his brother Hassan as heir in 1965.
Because you are wrong in this rather essential part of your assertions, I am rather sure that all the other things you are claiming, are not true either. And if a lot of people would know your informations, some people, I know myself very well, would know them, too - and they are denying your allegations in no uncertain manner ("complete and utter rubbish").

Dear Veram98 with all respect for you because you are an historian ,, But I’m gonna comment on your comment ,, First sorry because you must know better than me in such things because I’m not historian But I will say what I know .

That’s true about what one of the members here mentioned about Prince Ali ,,, the most one eligible to the throne from King Hussein sons is Prince Ali !!! ,,,, As I know the constitution has mentioned that the priority to the successor is who born to an Arab Parents ,,, But I said the " Priority " ,,, Not should be !! ,,,, But I have to mention too That priority to the successor is to the eldest son of the king too !!!

So King Abdullah he was eligible to The Throne too clearly :flowers:

Last edited:
The last name : Halaby, is not Arab? I always thought QNoor had some Arab roots.

Dear fandesacs2003 , Halaby Name is completely arabian !! and btw it’s not a name , it is a surname ,,, " Halab " is a state in Syria ! ,, and who belong to " Halab " , call him Halaby !! ,, for example : people of jordan , called as Jordanian ,, Or People of Iraq , called as Iraqi !! ,,, so it’s same Halaby came from Halab state !! ,,, But Queen Noor surname is Halaby not just because they were from Halab ,,, But it became as surname for some of people !! :flowers:

Last edited:

Huh? I thought Muna did not have the Queen title only because she thought the titile is "ridiculous" so KH agreed not to give her the title. At least this is claimed by King Abdullah in his book.

In This Comment I agree with you word by word ,,, Princess Muna she does not convert to Islam that’s why she not get Queen Title !!! But to be honest I not know the current religion of Princess Muna

That’s why All Jordanians say K Abdullah not eligible to Throne ,, and they say Prince Hamzah eligible more because his mother is muslim ,,, But anyway King Abdullah he’s eligible !! no matter what the people say ,, because he’s eldest son of the king .

about Queen Noor I Know there is some side of her family are Jews , But not know more Details ,, But as I know Previous religion for Queen Noor is Christian & I’m sure her father is christian !!! ,,,, and that’s true I watched the Video of Rabin's funeral , yes She did Cried ..

Last edited:
Huh? I thought Muna did not have the Queen title only because she thought the titile is "ridiculous" so KH agreed not to give her the title. At least this is claimed by King Abdullah in his book.

Darling No one reject Queen title , Whatever she is ,,, and if she thought the title of " Queen " is ridiculous , Doesn’t meant she’s Modest ,, That’s meant she insulting her husband tilte ,,, and Insulting the family titles that she became part of it !!

In addition to Muslim, parents should both come from Arabic origins, so Prince Ali was the legitimate heir to the throne, but King Abdullah was the heir since birth because he is the first son and eldest for King Hussein. :)

A muslim man (also a king) can marry a woman who is a Jew, a Christian or a Muslim. A conversion to Islam is not necessary. The kids of the couple are Muslims from birth. For the rule of succession or throne by the couple´s children the mother religion or her origin plays no role. Unless within the family "matter of fightings" starts for the succession. But that´s a problem in the family and not a social and legal point of view.

Last edited:
:previous:
Queen Noor does have Arabian roots; her father, Najeeb Elias Halaby, emigrated from Syria (then part of the Ottoman Empire) to the United States in 1891.
It's her grandfather, Najeeb Elias Halaby Sr, who emmigrated to United States from Syria; Queen Noor's father was born in Dallas in 1915.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom