The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic and within the scope of The Royal Forums.

There are plenty of sites to discuss how ISIS can be handled by United States [as well as the rest of the world] but TRF is not one of them. As a result, posts regarding the President of the United States have been edited and deleted.

Any and all additional posts be deleted without notice.

Zonk
Jordan Forums Moderator

Old 02-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Majesty

this is horrific. i felt so sad each time i heard of the beheadings last year, and this is even worse. i'd imagine that at least a beheading is quite a 'dignified' and quick death, but this is just torturous and disgusting. but these people are animals, and i figure they must have tortured their victims before their killings so much that possibly each and every one of them was quite relieved at the point they were going to die. it's unimaginable to us, who love our lives, to think that someone would prefer to die, but being the prisoner of a beast must be even worse than being killed by the beast.
following what happened in paris, i'm just so sad and concerned that this will become a regular occurence.

is it true that king abdullah said he would pilot himself one of the military aircraft they lent to combat IS? i doubt that he would actually do it, but in any case it is a great sign of courage and sends a strong message.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Godiva they were still on death row, they had been sentenced to die, they were executed earlier than planned.

LaRae
Old 02-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
this is horrific. i felt so sad each time i heard of the beheadings last year, and this is even worse. i'd imagine that at least a beheading is quite a 'dignified' and quick death, but this is just torturous and disgusting. but these people are animals, and i figure they must have tortured their victims before their killings so much that possibly each and every one of them was quite relieved at the point they were going to die. it's unimaginable to us, who love our lives, to think that someone would prefer to die, but being the prisoner of a beast must be even worse than being killed by the beast.
following what happened in paris, i'm just so sad and concerned that this will become a regular occurence.

is it true that king abdullah said he would pilot himself one of the military aircraft they lent to combat IS? i doubt that he would actually do it, but in any case it is a great sign of courage and sends a strong message.
The Jordanian government spokesman denied the participation of KA II in the air strikes against ISIS himself. As the head of the country & the supreme commander of the Army forces the king is not allowed to participate in any activity that may endanger his life.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
When a country answer an execution with another execution this is not civilised but I don't try to persuade you, there is no hope.
The pilot was member of well known family, close to royal family.
So?You try to speculate on class justice?First and foremost he was from Jordan,as you might have read somewhere between the lines.Read Kathemerini,even they run the story..Secondly,you don't seem to get the two terrorists were already convicted..talking about no hope.Indeed!
Old 02-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Godiva they were still on death row, they had been sentenced to die, they were executed earlier than planned.

LaRae
Sorry, guys, you don't want to see the whole story. I say this simple thing, yes they were sentenced to death, we got it, you just don't read my posts, but these executions were done at this timing in order to retaliate pilot's horrific execution. This is clear for everybody that he wants to see the whole truth. But this is a detail I would say. Now the matter is that Jordan decided to fight ISIS with all its strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
So?You try to speculate on class justice?First and foremost he was from Jordan,as you might have read somewhere between the lines.Read Kathemerini,even they run the story..Secondly,you don't seem to get the two terrorists were already convicted..talking about no hope.Indeed!

From Wikipedia:
"The al-Kasasbehs are a prominent Jordanian family of the influential Sunni Muslim Bararsheh tribe from southern Jordan.[10] His uncle, Fahed al-Kasasbeh, was a Major General in the Royal Jordanian Army.[11][12]"

Many more sites report he was from a prominent family woh support royal family, which is not worthy of blame but it is a fact. You, too, don't seem to read my posts, otherwise you have seen that I got it that they were sentenced to death, I am a lawyer and I can understand some things before they are said. Moreover I am reading that the death penalty was permitted again in Jordan only after the terrorist attack, which is improtant.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
When I heard Queen Rania was at a march I thought its great a member of the JRF is there and was surprised there weren't others with her but then seeing the video/pics it looked quite dangerous. Im surprised the king let her go. Crowds can be pressing and even though they are shouting in support she looked nervous and keeps looking into the cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I was actually wondering the same thing earlier today...how safe it was for her to go out. Even with bodyguards around you never know. But then she and other members of the JRF have participated in many marches in the past. However the current situation is perhaps more critical and emotions can get quickly out of control.
There is alway risk in attending those events it's true but personally i think they could not let her go( Palace and Jordan authorities) if they are not very sure she is safe,in sush delicate crisis any harm happen to the Queen or other JRF members attending similar engagements will mean KO in Jordan so i guess they make sure it safe to her to attend;beside she didn't attends the whole Rally nor from the beginning of it,the Queen only joins the crowds for few moments.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
You, too, don't seem to read my posts, otherwise you have seen that I got it that they were sentenced to death, I am a lawyer and I can understand some things before they are said. Moreover I am reading that the death penalty was permitted again in Jordan only after the terrorist attack, which is improtant.
Godiva, an eight-year moratorium to death penalty ended already in December 2014, 11 Jordanians who were convicted on murder charges (not terrorist attacks!) in 2005 and 2006 were executed then:

Jordan hangs 11 men after eight-year halt to death penalty | World news | The Guardian
Old 02-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
Godiva, an eight-year moratorium to death penalty ended already in December 2014, 11 Jordanians who were convicted on murder charges (not terrorist attacks!) in 2005 and 2006 were executed then:

Jordan hangs 11 men after eight-year halt to death penalty | World news | The Guardian
Thanks again.It has been spelled out now,for the umptiest time so lets all hope the message gets trough...grin..

Retaliation or not,this unorthodox time asks for unorthodox measures,by all means!So Jordan,well done,and keep on doing it!!
Old 02-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Nobility

I don't like the death penalty. I never have and I never will. Mainly because I just don't see the point in it. That said, I understand what they were trying to do. However I doubt it will work. It's not like IS are known for their compassion and I doubt they care as much as one iota for the lives of these terrorists. I just hope this will prompt more in the Middle East to fight against IS.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post

I see. I read it in a news site. So, you mean that death penalty is not only for terrorists in Jordan and it is also for other crimes? Pity. I thought it was only for the terrorists, that would sound better for Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Thanks again.It has been spelled out now,for the umptiest time so lets all hope the message gets trough...grin..

Retaliation or not,this unorthodox time asks for unorthodox measures,by all means!So Jordan,well done,and keep on doing it!!
Thanks again? Are you so fond of executions?
Old 02-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

All right guys, let's move on...we're not here to debate the validity of the death penalty

Humera
Jordan Forum Moderator
Old 02-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Jordan's King Abdullah flying high - Al Jazeera English
Quote:
In one sense, Jordan's King Abdullah II has deftly turned the debacle over the brutal killing by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants of the captured jet-fighter pilot, Moaz al-Kassasbeh, into a principled rallying point around his leadership and crisis management know-how.
The 53-year-old monarch is passing with flying colours all popularity tests, as can be gauged by various barometers (social media, the local press, supportive rallies). And national unity has not gained as much currency as at present, since the king, his air force and security apparatuses have closed ranks behind the common objectives of avenging Kassasbeh's murder, executing the kingdom's vow to wipe out ISIL militants.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

For the Youth, We Must Strive to Deliver a More Peaceful WorldÂ*|Â*HRH Prince Feisal Al Hussein
Old 02-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is not because King Hussein was married with a glamorous American, made (read: was enforced) a peace with Israel and is in the Western camp that he is a "good King". His regime was a dictatorship, a relatively mild one for Middle East-standards but when you write "I hope he takes after his father" than you are thinking away the many (sometimes disastrous) mistakes the previous King made and still are the roots of the many structural problems Jordan faces today.
I understand your point: Hussein did make some disastrous mistakes during his regime, but he also had remarkable triumphs and was frequently able to balance the western nations within the complex middle east quagmire. I hope that Abdullah will learn from both his father's mistakes and achievements. I was certainly not considering the effects of any of his wives, American or otherwise, glamorous or otherwise, upon his legacy.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

King´s interview to CNN

Jordanian King: When you killed our hero, you strengthened our resolve - CNN.com
Old 03-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

[Video] Watch His Majesty King Abdullah II full interview with @FareedZakaria on @CNN #Jordan

>> http://t.co/UiCXYMfeci
Old 03-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy

Great video link in English, Rossina. Thank you for that.

As demonstrated by the responses by some forum members from the USA, we Americans, have always enjoyed freedom (albeit, following the civil rights struggle and the right of women to vote, etc.) in this country. And, we feel great sympathy for those dealing with evil and racial/religious violence.

We have a well documented history of standing with those facing great oppression such as during WWI, WWII, the cold war, the Korean war, Afghanistan, etc.

It is in the American DNA to stand with the vulnerable and to STAND UP to raw brutal evil - whether it's the Nazis, Stalinism, The Taliban or now ISIS.

I'm proud of the comments of our American posters in that tradition.

Evil is evil, whether you have the courage to acknowledge it or not, and I, for one, will NEVER abide by evil.

Blessings to vulnerable Christians, Jews and Muslims around the world today.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A few off-topic posts have been deleted.
We're not here to debate the American response to Stalinism. If any of you feel compelled to make such remarks, you can easily do so via pm instead of disrupting this thread.

Thanks
Humera
Jordan Forum Moderator
Old 03-02-2015, 05:31 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Prince El Hassan offers his condolences to Kasasbeh´s family

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image