JRF reaction to murder of Jordanian pilot Muath al-Kasasbeh: February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First off there was a legitimate reason for other countries to come into the region...and most of the free world, to include almost every single Muslim country, were involved.

LaRae

No there wasn't. The Iraq War was a fools gambit, perpetrated by lies of our Bush Administration. We destabilized this region. On the other hand the region itself has opened itself up to thugs like Isis. Jordan is joining the fight. Yea, how about the rest. And where do they get their money, perhaps our great allies Saudi Arabia.

COUNTESS I would love to be able to disagree with you. But I cannot because you are 100% spot on correct with your post, all of it.:sad:

No there wasn't. The Iraq War was a fools gambit, perpetrated by lies of our Bush Administration. We destabilized this region. On the other hand the region itself has opened itself up to thugs like Isis. Jordan is joining the fight. Yea, how about the rest. And where do they get their money, perhaps our great allies Saudi Arabia.

You are in error. The reason for the invasion into Iraq goes back to Iraq's invasion into Kuwait and the agreement signed by Saddam and then later his refusal to comply with the weapons inspectors etc etc. The gassing of the Kurds was no small matter either.

'We' was a multi country effort. Lots of countries, including most of the M.E. looked at the same info and came to the same conclusions. Former presidents of the US were included in that number as well. So this whole 'Bush lied' mantra is a bunch of nonsense. That was not the reason for the action.

LaRae

Well-stated, La Rae. The facts matter and simply stating the Democrat mantra does not help the discussion. We were forced to confront those who attacked our Country just as King Abdullah is being forced to deal with those who are attacking his country. I just pray for Jordan (and all of us) as the leaders such as the King are trying to destroy this evil. I remember reading a couple of months ago, that ISIS had threatened to kill the Jordanian Royal Family. I find that extremely frightening.

I agree with COUNTESS, but now the world have to unite in defeating ISIS. I say bomb ISIS until there's nothing left but gaping holes in the lands they once occupied.

Last edited:
I agree with COUNTESS, but now the world have to unite in defeating ISIS. I say bomb ISIS until there's nothing left but gaping holes in the lands they once occupied.

There is one really big flaw in this strategy. ISIS, at this time, actually has no contained boundaries. Its advocates and those that carry out deeds for ISIS actually are everywhere imaginable.

Guys, please remember we're not here to debate the Iraq war. I understand that it's all related to the current crisis but that discussion goes beyond the scope of this thread.

Humera
Jordan Forum Moderator

There is one really big flaw in this strategy. ISIS, at this time, actually has no contained boundaries. Its advocates and those that carry out deeds for ISIS actually are everywhere imaginable.

Though I admit to finding Dman's proposal extremely appealing on a visceral level, you are right. Bombing ISIS to smithereens would include bombing a few suburbs in Sydney.

We've got to root them out, however and wherever we can.

A couple of posts discussing the Iraq war, Saddam Hussein, and the Bush administration have been deleted.
Please stay on topic in this thread.

Humera
Jordan Forum Moderator

When I heard Queen Rania was at a march I thought its great a member of the JRF is there and was surprised there weren't others with her but then seeing the video/pics it looked quite dangerous. Im surprised the king let her go. Crowds can be pressing and even though they are shouting in support she looked nervous and keeps looking into the cameras.

:previous:I was actually wondering the same thing earlier today...how safe it was for her to go out. Even with bodyguards around you never know. But then she and other members of the JRF have participated in many marches in the past. However the current situation is perhaps more critical and emotions can get quickly out of control.

To be honest I can't see how the Jordanians, with their King in the lead could have reacted differently.

I have seen the video of the pilot being murdered and I will strongly recommend you do not watch it! Also I will urge you to have a talk with your children if they tell you they have seen it.

The worst thing was actually not seeing the poor man being burned alive. That people kill and torture victims in a fit of rage, anger or revenge that I can understand, I can even forgive it. But that was not the case here. This was an ice-cold murder.
The camerawork and the editing was first class, the quality was excellent, the direction and staging was thorough. In other words: technically this was a very well made video. - And that's was what makes it so utterly perverted. So inhuman and so cruel. It was an almost satanic mockery of anything any rational thinking Muslim must believe in.
The ramblings that lead up to the murder, lasting some fifteen minutes was one big insult to teachings of Islam.
The way the body was treated after the pilot died was deeply insulting. Not least because in Islam and in the Middle East you traditionally respect valor, even of your enemy and to treat the remains of a fallen warrior like he was garbage with the added mockery of having a close up of a charred hand sticking out of the rubble, goes against anything most people believe in.
Seeing the pilot walking around in the cage trying to protect his face while completely engulfed in flames was truly horrific but at least he died fast that way, I hope. He wouldn't have been able to breathe anything but burning petrol.

Most in Jordan will by now have seen that video and will have seen a man, a fellow human being, one of them die in such a way that would enrage even the mildest and most forgiving, and that's why I hope this is a turning point in the Muslim world against ISIS.
For each who are attracted to the perverted teachings of ISIS after watching this video, there will be many, many more who are deeply disgusted and angered.

To be honest I can't see how the Jordanians, with their King in the lead could have reacted differently.

Having just watched that video, I agree.

However rather than recommend that people not watch it, I am inclined to recommend that as many adults as possible do watch it, particularly those in the Muslim world. The more people who see it, the more will be outraged by the behaviour of these ISIS people and their teachings. Surely. It could indeed mark a turning point.

The King & Queen of Jordan must do, and are doing, all they can to boost the morale of their compatriots.

As Pranter said, these executions took place after 'due process, and were lawful, unlike the savage barbarism of the burning of the pilot.

Last edited:

I really feel very sad about Queen Rania, she looks most sad than ever, she is afraid of her husband and children, her son, and for all the kingdom. I hope they will fight ISIS without great loss.

They weren't really retaliatory executions though...the men had already been tried and sentenced to death before they murdered the Jordanian pilot.

The proceeding bombing etc are retaliatory. Good for them.

LaRae

they were sentenced to death, ok, we got it, but if the pilot's execution didn't happen they would be still alive, is it clear? So they were retaliation and it wanted to be very strongly.

Well-stated, La Rae. The facts matter and simply stating the Democrat mantra does not help the discussion. We were forced to confront those who attacked our Country just as King Abdullah is being forced to deal with those who are attacking his country. I just pray for Jordan (and all of us) as the leaders such as the King are trying to destroy this evil. I remember reading a couple of months ago, that ISIS had threatened to kill the Jordanian Royal Family. I find that extremely frightening.

'ISIS had threatened to kill the Jordanian Royal Family"

..and White House

:previous:I was actually wondering the same thing earlier today...how safe it was for her to go out. Even with bodyguards around you never know. But then she and other members of the JRF have participated in many marches in the past. However the current situation is perhaps more critical and emotions can get quickly out of control.

It is actually very difficult to be a queen in such a country, in such a region like Middle East...she may have designer clothes or villas or travels, but the cost is very heavy

Last edited by a moderator:
i gues the girl next to the Queen is the sister.
thanks for posting.

Yes the woman next to Rania is her sister.

Princess Haya´s statement after the murder of Muath Al Kasasbeh:

It is with great sadness to have learned last night of the brutal and outrageous killing of our Jordanian brother, First Lieutenant Moaz Al Kassasbeh. In these difficult moments, I would like to express my most sincere condolences to Moaz’s family – his mother, father, siblings and his wife. There is no excuse, no reason, and no explanation for such a cowardly and horrific crime and as a Jordanian, like many of you, my heart breaks at every mention of his name. Moaz was a son, a brother and a husband and to all of us, a brave hero that endured in defense of our beloved Jordan. As long as we live, we will be proud to have called him one of our own. We are all Moaz.

Prince Ali, brother of Jordan’s King Abdullah, arrives in the village of Ay in southern Jordanon Friday, Feb. 6, 2015, to pay respects to the family of Lt. Moaz al Kasasbeh, the pilot burned alive by the Islamic State after his plane crashed on a mission over Raqqa, Syria in late December 2014.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The King & Queen of Jordan must do, and are doing, all they can to boost the morale of their compatriots.

As Pranter said, these executions took place after 'due process, and were lawful, unlike the savage barbarism of the burning of the pilot.

I for one, think the Jordanians should be very proud of their King.

I for one, think the Jordanians should be very proud of their King.

We are going after ISIS, but the Muslim countries that have to stand up and do their part too. It has to be a global effort.

Let's stay on topic and within the scope of The Royal Forums.

There are plenty of sites to discuss how ISIS can be handled by United States [as well as the rest of the world] but TRF is not one of them. As a result, posts regarding the President of the United States have been edited and deleted.

Any and all additional posts be deleted without notice.

Zonk
Jordan Forums Moderator

this is horrific. i felt so sad each time i heard of the beheadings last year, and this is even worse. i'd imagine that at least a beheading is quite a 'dignified' and quick death, but this is just torturous and disgusting. but these people are animals, and i figure they must have tortured their victims before their killings so much that possibly each and every one of them was quite relieved at the point they were going to die. it's unimaginable to us, who love our lives, to think that someone would prefer to die, but being the prisoner of a beast must be even worse than being killed by the beast.
following what happened in paris, i'm just so sad and concerned that this will become a regular occurence.

is it true that king abdullah said he would pilot himself one of the military aircraft they lent to combat IS? i doubt that he would actually do it, but in any case it is a great sign of courage and sends a strong message.

Godiva they were still on death row, they had been sentenced to die, they were executed earlier than planned.

LaRae

this is horrific. i felt so sad each time i heard of the beheadings last year, and this is even worse. i'd imagine that at least a beheading is quite a 'dignified' and quick death, but this is just torturous and disgusting. but these people are animals, and i figure they must have tortured their victims before their killings so much that possibly each and every one of them was quite relieved at the point they were going to die. it's unimaginable to us, who love our lives, to think that someone would prefer to die, but being the prisoner of a beast must be even worse than being killed by the beast.
following what happened in paris, i'm just so sad and concerned that this will become a regular occurence.

is it true that king abdullah said he would pilot himself one of the military aircraft they lent to combat IS? i doubt that he would actually do it, but in any case it is a great sign of courage and sends a strong message.
The Jordanian government spokesman denied the participation of KA II in the air strikes against ISIS himself. As the head of the country & the supreme commander of the Army forces the king is not allowed to participate in any activity that may endanger his life.

When a country answer an execution with another execution this is not civilised but I don't try to persuade you, there is no hope.
The pilot was member of well known family, close to royal family.

So?You try to speculate on class justice?First and foremost he was from Jordan,as you might have read somewhere between the lines.Read Kathemerini,even they run the story..Secondly,you don't seem to get the two terrorists were already convicted..talking about no hope.Indeed!

Godiva they were still on death row, they had been sentenced to die, they were executed earlier than planned.

LaRae

Sorry, guys, you don't want to see the whole story. I say this simple thing, yes they were sentenced to death, we got it, you just don't read my posts, but these executions were done at this timing in order to retaliate pilot's horrific execution. This is clear for everybody that he wants to see the whole truth. But this is a detail I would say. Now the matter is that Jordan decided to fight ISIS with all its strength.

So?You try to speculate on class justice?First and foremost he was from Jordan,as you might have read somewhere between the lines.Read Kathemerini,even they run the story..Secondly,you don't seem to get the two terrorists were already convicted..talking about no hope.Indeed!

From Wikipedia:
"The al-Kasasbehs are a prominent Jordanian family of the influential Sunni Muslim Bararsheh tribe from southern Jordan.[10] His uncle, Fahed al-Kasasbeh, was a Major General in the Royal Jordanian Army.[11][12]"

Many more sites report he was from a prominent family woh support royal family, which is not worthy of blame but it is a fact. You, too, don't seem to read my posts, otherwise you have seen that I got it that they were sentenced to death, I am a lawyer and I can understand some things before they are said. Moreover I am reading that the death penalty was permitted again in Jordan only after the terrorist attack, which is improtant.

When I heard Queen Rania was at a march I thought its great a member of the JRF is there and was surprised there weren't others with her but then seeing the video/pics it looked quite dangerous. Im surprised the king let her go. Crowds can be pressing and even though they are shouting in support she looked nervous and keeps looking into the cameras.

There is alway risk in attending those events it's true but personally i think they could not let her go( Palace and Jordan authorities) if they are not very sure she is safe,in sush delicate crisis any harm happen to the Queen or other JRF members attending similar engagements will mean KO in Jordan so i guess they make sure it safe to her to attend;beside she didn't attends the whole Rally nor from the beginning of it,the Queen only joins the crowds for few moments.

Last edited:
You, too, don't seem to read my posts, otherwise you have seen that I got it that they were sentenced to death, I am a lawyer and I can understand some things before they are said. Moreover I am reading that the death penalty was permitted again in Jordan only after the terrorist attack, which is improtant.

Godiva, an eight-year moratorium to death penalty ended already in December 2014, 11 Jordanians who were convicted on murder charges (not terrorist attacks!) in 2005 and 2006 were executed then:

Jordan hangs 11 men after eight-year halt to death penalty | World news | The Guardian

Last edited:
Godiva, an eight-year moratorium to death penalty ended already in December 2014, 11 Jordanians who were convicted on murder charges (not terrorist attacks!) in 2005 and 2006 were executed then:

Jordan hangs 11 men after eight-year halt to death penalty | World news | The Guardian

Thanks again.It has been spelled out now,for the umptiest time so lets all hope the message gets trough...grin..

Retaliation or not,this unorthodox time asks for unorthodox measures,by all means!So Jordan,well done,and keep on doing it!!

I don't like the death penalty. I never have and I never will. Mainly because I just don't see the point in it. That said, I understand what they were trying to do. However I doubt it will work. It's not like IS are known for their compassion and I doubt they care as much as one iota for the lives of these terrorists. I just hope this will prompt more in the Middle East to fight against IS.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom