Jordan's Royal Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Hussein bought the Palace Green at No 7 in Kensington in 60´s. After his divorce with Princess Muna, he gave the house to her. Four years later the King bought again the House.
The Palace Green was the official residence of King Hussein in London between 1977-1986/7.
In May 1992 the King sold the house and donated the money.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

well it seem very good & nice house , Thank you Salma :flowers:

King Hussein bought the Palace Green at No 7 in Kensington in 60´s. After his divorce with Princess Muna, he gave the house to her. Four years later the King bought again the House.
The Palace Green was the official residence of King Hussein in London between 1977-1986/7.
In May 1992 the King sold the house and donated the money.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
so the palace now for nobody in Jordan Royal Family ? :cool:

so the palace now for nobody in Jordan Royal Family ? :cool:
Yes. I wrote that the late King Hussein sold the house in 1992. But the Jordan Royal Family did not use this house since 80´s when King Hussein bought other house in England.

Well Prince Hamzah Palace Is For sale before one year and I don’t know if still On Sale or not and he want to sale it in 25 million JD Dinner that meant 35 million US $ and it’s really Big I think as I rememberd is Ten acres and it’s not rumors Our friend he Was Want To Buy It,,, and in Abdoun Area the palace in North-west of Amman ,
and about prince hashem Palace it’s very nice palace I saw it Before and His Palace in Dabouq Area same Area of Royal Palace Raghadan :flowers:

Correction, Raghdan Palace is not in Dabouq, it is the oldest Royal palace ever and was built for Prince Abdallah (later King Abdallah 1st) in Al-Maquar area, where many other palaces were built afterwards like Basman and nadwa.

Correction, Raghdan Palace is not in Dabouq, it is the oldest Royal palace ever and was built for Prince Abdallah (later King Abdallah 1st) in Al-Maquar area, where many other palaces were built afterwards like Basman and nadwa.

Everything you said Right , But Raghdan Palace in Dabouq Area , Dear I’m Living in Amman Jordan How I Don’t know Where The Royal Palace , ask any Jordanian Members in The TRF If you Not Believe me . ;)

Everything you said Right , But Raghdan Palace in Dabouq Area , Dear I’m Living in Amman Jordan How I Don’t know Where The Royal Palace , ask any Jordanian Members in The TRF If you Not Believe me . ;)

I know Amman so well dear. And although I don't live there anymore, I visit it three or four times a year. The area known as Alqusoor Almelekiya ( The Royal Court Compound ), of which Raghdan is the oldest building, is not in Dabouq. It is actually a high area facing and nearer to the city centre known as ( wist al beled). And whoever is interested can google the name and found where excatly it is. Dabouq is after Khalda and Tlaa Al Ali.

Please Check the first page of this thread for more information and photos.

Last edited:
I know Amman so well dear. And although I don't live there anymore, I visit it three or four times a year. The area known as Alqusoor Almelekiya ( The Royal Court Compound ), of which Raghdan is the oldest building, is not in Dabouq. It is actually a high area facing and nearer to the city centre known as ( wist al beled). And whoever is interested can google the name and found where excatly it is. Dabouq is after Khalda and Tlaa Al Ali.

Please Check the first page of this thread for more information and photos.

Dear I Respect you Knows Jordan Very well and you Visited Jordan Many Times , But Dear I’m Living in Jordan Do You think This is Possible I Don’t Know exactly Where The Royal Palace ? , Alqusoor Almelekiya That meant Royal Palaces and if you went there , and there is Bord say Welcome to Alqusoor Almelekiya That Mean You are Very Near To Ragdan Palace and Not Only Ragdan Royal Palace There , There is Many Royal Palaces There , Ok and You Visited Jordan Many Times So For Sure You Did Visit The Royal Tombs So You Not Remember The Royal Tombs in Dabouq area and Beside Ragdan Palace ??? But Dear You Said near to ( wist al beled) That Meant The DownTown I realize Maybe you speaking about Zahran Palace Not Ragdan , Zahran Palace it’s a Big and Official Royal Palace too and Near to ( wist al beled) That’s Right But this is Zahran Not The The King & Queen Palace Live in , Please Dear If you Not Believe me ask any Jordanian Because Jordanian Knows The info Better Than Google :flowers:

Last edited:
Dear I Respect you Knows Jordan Very well and you Visited Jordan Many Times , But Dear I’m Living in Jordan Do You think This is Possible I Don’t Know exactly Where The Royal Palace ? , Alqusoor Almelekiya That meant Royal Palaces and if you went there , and there is Bord say Welcome to Alqusoor Almelekiya That Mean You are Very Near To Ragdan Palace and Not Only Ragdan Royal Palace There , There is Many Royal Palaces There , Ok and You Visited Jordan Many Times So For Sure You Did Visit The Royal Tombs So You Not Remember The Royal Tombs in Dabouq area and Beside Ragdan Palace ??? But Dear You Said near to ( wist al beled) That Meant The DownTown I realize Maybe you speaking about Zahran Palace Not Ragdan , Zahran Palace it’s a Big and Official Royal Palace too and Near to ( wist al beled) That’s Right But this is Zahran Not The The King & Queen Palace Live in , Please Dear If you Not Believe me ask any Jordanian Because Jordanian Knows The info Better Than Google :flowers:

Lol Zahran Palace is in Zahran Street and it is not in down town Amman. Al Qusoor AL Melekiya is translated to The Royal Palaces, but is officially known as The Royal Court Compound. Zahran is not in this compound. King Hussein's Tomb among others like his father and grandfather is in this compound, Queen Alia though is not. It is near Alhashemiya Palace where she lived with king Hussein. And for your information,the King and Queen don't live in neither Zahran nor Raghdan. These are official Palaces and not residential anymore. I think this argument is pointless :)

Last edited:
King and Queen live in Beit Al urdun the new palace that they built in 2004-05. All info was pasted in the previous pages of the thread.

where does prince hamzah and princess basmah live? i can't find any pictures? also, i tried finding pictures of prince hashim's house? where can i find one?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true xavi83 but i wonder when ? .. Before or after her divorce story.
According to the article it was known before as Al-mohammadiya palace.

Last edited:
But the article says they baught the palace from princess Firyal & added new offices for the late king Hussein & royal guards. They also changed its name to " Bab al salam".

But the article says they baught the palace from princess Firyal & added new offices for the late king Hussein & royal guards. They also changed its name to " Bab al salam".
This is not true they built the palace. Many times the newspapers and magazines publish wrong information. Some weeks ago I read that Queen Rania had died.:lol:

Basman Palace
ImageBam

Bab Al Salam- Queen Noor´s palace

ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam

Beit Al Urdun
ImageBam

Zahran Palace

ImageBam

Is "Al-Husseinieh" a new name for the royal offices near King
Hussein Mosque or a new palace in the same area ??

It's the Royal Offices built beside King Hussein Mosque but six years after they named them as "Al Husseinieh Palace".:flowers:

Last edited:
Has anyone got any info about the Jordanian palaces in the Jordan Valley? The info in the books and online is so poor, and I'm so curious!... Thanks!

Who lives there?
Now no body. It was the late king Hussein & queen Alia`s house. Queen Noor also lived there before moving to Bab Al-Salam palace.I heard princess Haya is the one who renew it.Maybe she will use it during her visits to Amman.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom