The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2005, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

"I wish I could see what the apartment looks like. I guess it wouldn't be adjacent to any other apartments."

It'll probably in a really exclusive block of flats with great security

Old 07-27-2005, 04:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"The two live in an apartment in the suburbs of Amman, a wedding present from the late king which they prefer to any of the eight royal palaces scattered around the city, and are the epitome of normality – or as normal as you can be when you are royalty. Rania still puts their children to bed herself, and her husband is not above whipping up the occasional evening meal."
http://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/kingabdullah/

so it seems Rania and Abdullah don't live in a palace, as somebody stated before
This is a bit dated. KA and QR lived in Al-Baraka palace, wich is actually a decent sized home...not aot.

Now i heard that they built a very large place. Very sophisticated and big.

Don't know much about it though.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

albaraka palace is asmall vella .....used as huose for the late king hussein and Queen noor brfore bab alsalam ...it was king abdullah and Queen ranias widding gift
Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Gentry

I heard that too. I also remember reading that Rania had ordered very expensive tile work for the new palace. Very grand indeed. She was also once quoted as saying that they needed a newer and bigger place b/c their current palace wasn't built for recieving guests like the ones they get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_frist
This is a bit dated. KA and QR lived in Al-Baraka palace, wich is actually a decent sized home...not aot.

Now i heard that they built a very large place. Very sophisticated and big.

Don't know much about it though.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with you, Little Star. KH and QA's former palace, al Hashmiya, is striking. Interesting though that QA wrote Margaret Trudeau she found it "too modern" for her tastes and would have preferred something more traditional. Her tastes ran more to french provincial furnishings and I don't know if they just didn't "fit" with the palace or she didn't have a choice in the decoration but she "complained" it was lacking in "taste and comfort." I find it striking.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Serene Highness

QR, KA and their family moved to a larger palace a year or so ago--for a variety of reasons, space being one of them. While there are photos of the family in their other home, they have yet to allow photographers to take pictures of and inside the new one. I assume it is for privacy and security reasons but would love to see even an exterior view as I'd heard it is extraordinarily beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niki
I heard that too. I also remember reading that Rania had ordered very expensive tile work for the new palace. Very grand indeed. She was also once quoted as saying that they needed a newer and bigger place b/c their current palace wasn't built for recieving guests like the ones they get.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Does anybody have any picture of the new Palace that Rania and Abdullah built, I believe I read that in a magazine a while back, I think it was people. Supposedly it's very modern. And do you know where Prince Hamaz and Princess Noor live?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Does anybody have any picture of the new Palace that Rania and Abdullah built, I believe I read that in a magazine a while back, I think it was people. Supposedly it's very modern. And do you know where Prince Hamaz and Princess Noor live?
I haven't seen any exterior shots of King Abdullah and Queen Rania's new palace but I believe there are some interior shots of the family in the kitchen and QR in her palace office posted on one of the threads by Humera, I think. I am just guessing they are keeping it under wraps for security reasons. I would like to know where any of the newly marrieds--Hamzah, Hashem, Ali--live and if QN still resides at Ba'ab al Salaam or if she's given it to one of her chidren.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I haven't seen any exterior shots of King Abdullah and Queen Rania's new palace but I believe there are some interior shots of the family in the kitchen and QR in her palace office posted on one of the threads by Humera, I think. I am just guessing they are keeping it under wraps for security reasons. I would like to know where any of the newly marrieds--Hamzah, Hashem, Ali--live and if QN still resides at Ba'ab al Salaam or if she's given it to one of her chidren.
I think bab as salaam is a little bit too big for one of her children and the partner.
I'm sure she still resides there, it's the house she built together with her husband and something that remains from their life together.
but it's big enough for her children to live there with their partners and queen noor, I mean, queen noor herself described the house as very big and with different wings (don't know if it's called like this in english, but I mean something like corridors.)
Old 07-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
I think bab as salaam is a little bit too big for one of her children and the partner.
I'm sure she still resides there, it's the house she built together with her husband and something that remains from their life together.
but it's big enough for her children to live there with their partners and queen noor, I mean, queen noor herself described the house as very big and with different wings (don't know if it's called like this in english, but I mean something like corridors.)
Yes, they're called "wings." I just thought with Queen Noor not being there so often perhaps she'd given over at least part of the house--perhaps one of the wings--to Hamzah or Hashem and their wives. And perhaps they do. I haven't heard of either building or receiving an apartment/house to live in since their respective marriages. I wish I could find some of the interior shots of Ba'ab al Salaam. There were a few taken just before KH's death and during the condolences. I recall the main salon being very striking with a huge glass display coffee table with some of his medallions, the flag from his coffin and other memorabilia. And they showed Christine Amanpour around on CNN and it was very lovely.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:28 AM
Nobility

palaces

Raghadan Palace during the Coronation day Celebrations June 9th, 1999

Bassman Palace, 2001
pictures from http://www.kingabdullah.jo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k_basman.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	255746   Click image for larger version

Name:	k_raghadan palace during the Coronation day Celebrations.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	255747  
Old 07-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Can someone tell me where the K and Q live most of their days and is it close to the city.The place in Aqaba is it the week-end home for all Royals of the Jordan family or it just the King's? I am a little confused since their so many Palaces in Jordan. I read their build a brand new Palace. Its it a old palace and they just renovated it or was it build from the ground up? If they build a brand new Palace in Jordan, would anyone on the forum who lives in Jordan might of seen the home building build? I know I have many questions, but if someone can clear it up for me I would appreciate it? Merci.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Lisa Remy
Can someone tell me where the K and Q live most of their days and is it close to the city.The place in Aqaba is it the week-end home for all Royals of the Jordan family or it just the King's? I am a little confused since their so many Palaces in Jordan. I read their build a brand new Palace. Its it a old palace and they just renovated it or was it build from the ground up? If they build a brand new Palace in Jordan, would anyone on the forum who lives in Jordan might of seen the home building build? I know I have many questions, but if someone can clear it up for me I would appreciate it? Merci.
There are so many homes it is hard to figure out. I think KA got the Aqaba Palace/retreat upon the death of KH. There's been no mention of QN going there since and when the bombings in Aqaba occured, the press mentioned, the missed "the royal palace of King Abdullah." My understanding is that the home QR/KA lived in after they married (it was a gift from KH for their wedding according to "Leap of Faith" as QN says they built it but found it too small) is no longer the home they live in and they built a new palace in a neighborhood of Amman several years ago. As far as I know, there are no photos of it thus far thought KA/QR and their family posed for shots for "Hello" in Aqaba after P Hashem's birth.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I heared about anew palace for KA and QR.... Is it ( bait alordon ) jordan house or house of jordan in english
Old 07-22-2006, 04:08 PM

wait a minute, how many palaces has the royal family got in jordan????????
Old 07-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy

I read that the Palace that the K and Q got build took ten years to build. Can someone confirm if this is true. Ten years seems a long time to build a palace and if so, How big is it??????
Old 11-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Lisa Remy
I read that the Palace that the K and Q got build took ten years to build. Can someone confirm if this is true. Ten years seems a long time to build a palace and if so, How big is it??????
I've read that too, "it took ten years" but I think they didn't mean to apply the sence that they started building 10yrs ago, or show #of years, all it means that even though they became king and queen, they were modest enough to stay in their old palace for many more years, but then when the family expanded they moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaqruga
wait a minute, how many palaces has the royal family got in jordan????????
there are more than eight, but they are used for official/goverment duties, no one sleeps there,they don't belong to a specific member. But they all have personal residences; palaces or villas. Ex; P.Aisha lives in a nice big villa, same with P.Faisal, Prince Hassan, PBasma...
Old 03-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Raghadan Palace

what information is there (official and unofficial) on the king and queen's official residence? where they ever pictured inside?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Nobility

try this one website
The Royal Palaces
Old 03-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

King and Queen live in Beit Al Urdun.

Raghadan Palace
H.M. KING ABDULLAH OF JORDAN . on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

King Abdullah's House in Aqaba
Flickr Photo Download: King Abdullah's House in Aqaba

La Mareta.

This house is in Canary Islands, Spain. King Hussein built it 1979 but he never live there. King Hussein and Queen Noor visited the house in 1983 with their childrens. Only Prince Abdullah and Rania were there during their honeymoon. King Hussein gave the house to his friend, King Juan Carlos in circa 1988. "La Mareta" was designed by the spanish architect Cesar Manrique.
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/mr.jpg
Semana&Hola
(These pics were taken in 1983 King Hussein and Queen Noor visited the house and they let the photographers took pics)
La Mareta today:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...af/6888-2g.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...af/6888-1g.jpg
canariassiete