The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by papillon@Jul 18th, 2004 - 12:43 am
What about the home KH and QN had outside Vienna in Austria? Was it sold?
yes, house was sold. It was in 13 (i don’t remember now) becirk (wrong spelling).

Old 07-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

I have heard the mosque of Queen Alia is a stunning architectural site. Are there any photos of it?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Commoner

How big are the royal houses in Jordan?
Old 08-04-2004, 01:38 AM

I, like Josephine, wonder where Ali is living at present. Does anyone know? Where will he and Rym live once they're married?
Old 10-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

Hashimiya Palace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000222 HASHEMIYEH PALACE.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	268132  
Old 10-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousbah
Hashimiya Palace.
Where is this palace located?
Old 10-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie
Where is this palace located?
it is in Amman
Old 10-13-2004, 05:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousbah
Hashimiya Palace.
wow its huge, who lives there? it looks nice
where in Amman is it?
Old 10-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

from king hussein web page:
Al-Hashmiya Palace (Dar al-Bir):

Located on high ground in the Hummar area, the Palace was built during the mid 1970s to be the home of Their Majesties King Hussein and Queen Alia, until the Queen’s tragic death on February 9, 1977. From the palace, Jerusalem could easily be seen on a clear day.

In appreciation of Queen Alia’s love for this beautiful area, she was laid to rest close by the Palace and a mosque was built nearby.

http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/images/k_hashmiya.jpg

During the 1980’s and until 1997, al-Hashmiya was used as a guest palace for visiting heads of state and dignitaries, when Their Majesties King Hussein and Queen Noor asked for the building to become a new home for some 200 orphans who were living in harsh conditions in Amman. The Palace took the name of Dar al-Bir
Old 10-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

oh thank you mousbah. thats really nice of them to turn it into an orphanage
Old 10-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me
oh thank you mousbah. thats really nice of them to turn it into an orphanage
QA's grave is close to the House where she lived as a Queen and that she loved so much. P Hayah ,Zein and other Princesses are very active in the orphanage, which is dedicated to the memory of QA.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:15 AM
Nobility

posted before but will post it here

Located on high ground in the Hummar area, the Palace was built during the mid 1970s to be the home of Their Majesties King Hussein and Queen Alia, until the Queen’s tragic death on February 9, 1977. From the palace, Jerusalem could easily be seen on a clear day.

In appreciation of Queen Alia’s love for this beautiful area, she was laid to rest close by the Palace and a mosque was built nearby.

During the 1980’s and until 1997, al-Hashmiya was used as a guest palace for visiting heads of state and dignitaries, when Their Majesties King Hussein and Queen Noor asked for the building to become a new home for some 200 orphans who were living in harsh conditions in Amman. The Palace took the name of Dar al-Bir
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HASHEMIYEH PALACE.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	61861  
Old 12-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Serene Highness

Al-Hashmiya Palace

This is the one Noor said she was called by KH to consult on as it had problems......nice to finally see it. Didn't catch last posting-sorry. It is absolutely gorgeous! And what a kind gesture to give to orphans. I'm sure it is what QA, as well as KH and QN, would have wanted......now it really is a living monument, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safaa Batin
Old 12-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

here are some of the images of the royal family's homes that I got from Queen Noor's A&E Bio. The last one is a picture of her house in London I think..i could be wrong
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	62228   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	62229   Click image for larger version

Name:	2c.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	62231   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	62232  

Old 01-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Serene Highness

Summer palace in Aqaba

As you will see, QN redesigned portions of the home. I don't think the entrance is featured but the arches across the back were her idea.

She used a lot of color around the home; natural colors, she explained, of the blue of the sea, the rose of sunsets, and there is a very comfortable feel to the home with many elegant Arabic touches.

The main home is surrounded by smaller homes for visitors--even royalty like Queen Elizabeth. Located on a sandy beach, it is kilometers from the Israeli border. After KH signed peace accords, he took his boat into Israeli waters and was cheered by those he met--something he found very touching.

While in Aqaba, the family life was very simple. They indulged in boating, water skiing, tennis, lying out in the sun, swimming and picnics.

What I don't know is if this house/compound actually ever had a name like other royal homes. Does anyone know?

These photos are from Architectural Digest, January 1987.

The front arch redesigned by Queen Noor for Aqaba as well as KH w/Hashim on stairs, Ali and Hamzah admiring swordfish they'd caught, Princess Iman's Birthday party and admiring baby Raiyah.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	77446   Click image for larger version

Name:	2q.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	77447   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	77448   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	77449  

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	77450   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	77451   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	77452  
Old 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM

If I am not mistaken,the Aqaba house belongs to king Abdullah now and him and the queen have redecorated the whole palace.Is this an old Architectural Digest eddition
Old 01-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

I have asked who the home belongs to now. You are the first to give a definitive response--and it makes sense. Likely, QR did redecorate.....these photos are from 1987 or so as Hamzah was about 9 at the time. I can look up magazine and give you definitive answer but its about then. I initially was going to respond "well, that would make sense (the redecoration) as QR has young children and wants a family environment.....but at the time these photos were taken, QN and KH also had small children (QAs and QNs---I think Raiyah was a baby).

Do you know if the home has a name or if it is just referred to as the Aqaba home? They seem to name everything....but I've never heard one for this place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malena
If I am not mistaken,the Aqaba house belongs to king Abdullah now and him and the queen have redecorated the whole palace.Is this an old Architectural Digest eddition
Old 01-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Do you know if the home has a name or if it is just referred to as the Aqaba home? They seem to name everything....but I've never heard one for this place.
i think it has a name - not sure though- but i don't remember what, may be Albarakah, or that is in Amman?
Old 01-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Courtier

Question

Al-Barakah palace is where KA & QR live,
and I don't think the Aqaba palace have a specific name like the others.
Is it this palace that Queen Noor said that she likes it so much? if so, why she never visited it anymore?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness

His original summer palace was just being built in 1967 in what is now Pisgat Zev, Israel. My in laws live right down the street. It is in a beautiful hilltop location.