Independence Day: May 25, 1999-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess Who

Nobility
QR in traditional cloths, looks nice.:)

Independence Day - May 25, 1999

Attachments

• kqamman.jpg
    kqamman.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 978
  • 0000355090-006.jpg
    0000355090-006.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 804
Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Rania of Jordan (C) attends a special celebration on the eve of Independence Day May 25, 2002 in Amman, Jordan. In 1921 Emir Abdullah Ibn Al-Hussein secured recognition for the Emirate of Transjordan which became fully established in 1923. Full independence for Jordan was granted May 25,1946. (Photo by Salah Malkawi/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 2002______________Amman__2.jpg
    2002______________Amman__2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2,219
  • ra10.jpg
    ra10.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 754
  • 0000379572-004.jpg
    0000379572-004.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 791
  • # (5).jpg
    # (5).jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 715
:lol:
Independence Day 2000

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,023
MAy 25 2004 Jordan´s independence beautiful dress

Attachments

• 220299.jpe
    220299.jpe
    151.2 KB · Views: 1,279
Independence Day: 2004

1-5. Hamzah and Noor

6. AMMAN, JORDAN - MAY 25: Jordanian Crown Prince Hamzah Bin al-Hussein (C) is surrounded by his brothers Prince Faisal Bin al-Hussein (R) and Prince Hashem Bin al-Hussein May 25, 2004 at a ceremony marking the 58th anniversary of the independence of Jordan from Britain. (Photo by Salah Malkawi/Getty Images)

Attachments

• DWF15-732860.jpg
    DWF15-732860.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 722
  • DWF15-732862.jpg
    DWF15-732862.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 671
  • DWF15-732898.jpg
    DWF15-732898.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 739
  • DWF15-732903.jpg
    DWF15-732903.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 733
  • DWF15-732930.jpg
    DWF15-732930.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 641
  • 50896257.jpg
    50896257.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 855
May 25, 2004

Attachments

• pre wed10.jpg
    pre wed10.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 659
does anyone have more pictures from this event?

post-8-1111471786.jpg

Eliza

elizahawthorne said:
does anyone have more pictures from this event?
Eliza

here you go

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 824
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 698
  • Hamzeh & Noor1a.jpg
    Hamzeh & Noor1a.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 838
  • Hamzeh & Noor1b.jpg
    Hamzeh & Noor1b.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 874
Last edited:
1. Princess Ghida Talal, Princess Noor Hamzah and Prince Hashim bin Hussein.
2. Prince Hamzah bin Hussein and Princess Noor Hamzah.
3. Princess Noor Hamzah.

Attachments

• Hamzah+and+Noor.jpg
    Hamzah+and+Noor.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,697
Independence Day: 2005

Jordan's King Abdullah (C) reviews a Bedouin honour guard upon his arrival at a ceremony to celebrate the 59th anniversary of the independence of Jordan from Britain May 25, 2005 in Amman, Jordan.

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 661
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 561
More from Getty.

Attachments

• 52979419.jpg
    52979419.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 689
  • 52979429.jpg
    52979429.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 646
  • 52979435.jpg
    52979435.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 597
  • 52979450.jpg
    52979450.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,081
Jordan celebrates Independence Day

AMMAN — Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania attended a ceremony marking the Kingdom's 59th Independence Day on Wednesday.

The country won its full independence on May 25, 1946 following the end of the British mandate.

Several Royal family members, diplomats, ministers, senior officials and army officers attended yesterday's ceremony, hosted by Prime Minister Adnan Badran and his wife at the Palace of Culture.

In his address at the ceremony, Badran emphasised that citizens were the target of development programmes, saying the government would always embrace dialogue as its primary approach to resolving issues.

The premier also called for activating a true partnership with society to tap into Jordan's full potential, making the country and its citizens role models for others to follow.

“The type of reform we are seeking will preserve the national and cultural identity of the country and entrench pluralism, equality and respect for the law,” Badran told the guests.

He reiterated the government's support for the Steering Committee for the National Agenda, which is tasked with setting guidelines for the Kingdom's development for the next 10 years. It groups a former prime minister, incumbent and former ministers, leading MPs, politicians, academics and businesspeople.

The premier said the government would follow and build on the efforts of the previous government, in line with King Abdullah's directives and the national interest.

Addressing the audience yesterday, Senate President Zeid Rifai reviewed landmarks in the Kingdom's progress since independence.

Acting Lower House Speaker Mamdouh Abbadi addressed the King in his speech, saying MPs were “delighted” by the King's recent statements, in which he said dissolving Parliament was “out of the question.”

The King told the London-based Arabic daily Al Hayat, that dissolving Parliament would not “solve the present crisis between deputies and the government.”

The Monarch was referring to a petition signed by 48 MPs, objecting to the government's formation, particularly its economic team, and threatening to withhold the vote of confidence.

“I respect the position of the House and value the wisdom and stand of the prime minister [Adnan Badran],” the King told Al Hayat Editor-in-Chief Ghassan Sharbel earlier this month.

“The government and Parliament should deal with any problem through dialogue and democratic means. Our democracy absorbs all opinions.”

The King's statements, Abbadi said, indicate his support for the Parliament and should enhance the relationship between the legislative and executive branches of government.

Focusing on the reforms under way in the Kingdom, the deputy said such change was an “inherent need in the community,” which is always developing, but that the nation's religious and national constants should be left intact.

Meanwhile, King Abdullah received cables of good wishes from several Arab and foreign heads of state on the occasion.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Attachments

• hnews2_26_5.jpg
    hnews2_26_5.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,003
Last edited:
What Rania is wearing totally not appropiate. WHy does she have to have those slits and show her arms. Not appropo.

whats that she's wearing?are those the sleeves of the blouse or she's wearing a jacket over it?:confused:

If so how boring. I also think PMuna and Aisha. Faisal and Alia were there

elizahawthorne said:
Was it just QR and KA at independence day celebrations?

-Eliza

Several royal famly members attended the ceremony for example :KA ,QR ,the Jordanian Prime Minister adnan Badran and his wife , P.Muna, P. Faisal, P.Alia.

Some pictures about the ceremony on Wednesday .

Attachments

• fjbg.JPG
    fjbg.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 767
  • PF.JPG
    PF.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 725
  • KA.JPG
    KA.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 643
  • 2005 may 25 inday.JPG
    2005 may 25 inday.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 827
  • 2005 may 25.JPG
    2005 may 25.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,937
King Addresses Nation on Independence Day

Amman, May 25 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II said that Independence is a continual state of giving, building and self-reliance to enhance independence and build a future fit for the free people of Jordan, those with resolve and strong will.

Pictures:

More pictures:

Rania looks lovely, I particularly like the crushed silk "dress", for want of a better word, underneath her coat.

The belt is the same one she wore during her recent visit to the US at the Mosaic Foundation dinner and the bad looks like the one she used at the pre-wedding dinner for Felipe and Letizia.

Images from getty

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 648
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 655
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,626
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 769
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:
I also agree the Queen looks beautiful and the color green suits her a lot.

Wonderful pics...thanks a lot. I love see Rania in tradicional dress, she stay wonderful. And is amaizing see that Rania anda the Kings still in love, i belive that is very clary in the photos.

micas said:
Wonderful pics...thanks a lot. I love see Rania in tradicional dress, she stay wonderful. And is amaizing see that Rania anda the Kings still in love, i belive that is very clary in the photos.
:D I was thinking the exact same thing when i was viewing the photos. The way the King has such a great smile on his face when he is looking at his wife and vice versa. Its nice to know that you don't have to hold back your emotion because you are Queen and KIng. One reason why I like this couple so much. They are just like like any married couples and thay are so grounded. Its nice to see the Queen wearing traditional dress. Would like to see the Queen wear more of it. :)

Claudia Lisa Remy said:
:D I was thinking the exact same thing when i was viewing the photos. The way the King has such a great smile on his face when he is looking at his wife and vice versa. Its nice to know that you don't have to hold back your emotion because you are Queen and KIng. One reason why I like this couple so much. They are just like like any married couples and thay are so grounded. Its nice to see the Queen wearing traditional dress. Would like to see the Queen wear more of it. :)

But what the queen was wearing isn't a Jordanian traditional dress,although I agree it looks nice.

I especially like the Arabic calligraphy embroidered on the dress - very pretty and feminine outfit.

lil Monkey said:
But what the queen was wearing isn't a Jordanian traditional dress,although I agree it looks nice.

I also don't think it's a jordanian traditional dress(they are generally made on one piece),Lil you are jordanian and you can double check:D

The cut(two pieces layers,slits,embroidry...) looks more like the moroccan caftans,i agree,the arabic calligraphy was a good idea from the designer...

#1-2: Polfoto
#3: Reuters

#2: Jordanian Prime Minister, Marouf Al- Bakhit, right, King Abdullah II of Jordan, second right, Queen Rania, center, Prince Faisal, second left, and Prince Hamza, left, attend the celebration of the 60th anniversary of Jordan's independence from Britain in Amman, Jordan, Thursday, May 25, 2006. King Abdullah marked his nation's 60th independence with a pledge to continue supporting Palestinians until they achieve statehood.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,489
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 932
  • r4098305599.jpg
    r4098305599.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,503
Whaaah ! Rania looks once again absolutely stunning ! I'm always amazed by her so large an beautiful eyes ...
Very nice gown also, very elegant !:)

Article from HELLO
Jordan's King Abdullah has been receiving messages of congratulations from political and religious leaders all over the world as his country celebrates 60 years of independence. The 44-year-old monarch and his elegant wife Queen Rania were both clearly relishing the moment as they took part in celebrations at the al-Zahran Palace in Amman on Thursday afternoon.................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/05/26/queenrania/

Photos w/o watermarks from HELLO

King, Queen Attend Dinner Banquet at Prime Ministry

Amman, May 25 (Petra) -- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Thursday attended the dinner banquet hosted by Prime Minister Marouf Bakheit on the anniversary of Independence Day
LINK

Pictures of the Banquet:

Rania's outfit is lovely, very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom