The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Smile If You Had to be Adopted by a Member of the JRF. . .

Which one would it be?

OK, I've been a working fool for a number of weeks and just today tried to bring myself up to date on some of the JRF discussion threads. I'm really depressed about the argumentative, hostile tone taken on one of the threads I began some time ago. Sorry. So I'm trying to lighten it up here, add a little levity. Feel free to be creative. If you want two parents who aren't necessarily married to each other, close in age, or even of different sexes, make up your own perfect little JRF family and include yourself as the favored, pampered child. :-)

Now, I need to come up with a good answer to my own little fantasy question. Who are the two smartest, mellowest members of the JRF? I think I'd want them for parents.

Old 08-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

I don't want to be adopted by the JRF.

I want to be Jasim's personal maid and servant.
Or Shk Mo's racing manager.
Or Shk Ahmed's private dresser and falcon wrangler.

But the JRF...no way.....not in a million years.....wayyyyyy too many issues.

Old 08-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Courtier

hmm.....

How about Princess Basma as mother and Princess Hassan as father...yes yes I know they are brother and sister but I like there personalites the best and they both seem the most down to earth and the ones who would take the most time off for their kids...
Old 08-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
I want to be Jasim's personal maid and servant.

Who's Jasim?
Old 08-22-2004, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
How about Princess Basma as mother and Princess Hassan as father...yes yes I know they are brother and sister but I like there personalites the best and they both seem the most down to earth and the ones who would take the most time off for their kids...

Umm,I would Say Princess Alia bent Al-Hussien and Prince Hassan or Maybe Prince Raed Bin zaid...either one of the three.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Nobility

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
But the JRF...no way.....not in a million years.....wayyyyyy too many issues.
Good point, Ipi. If I want dysfunction, I can just keep my own family. :-)
Old 08-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Nobility

Wink

OK, it's twisted, but I think I'm going to go for an incestual menage a trois. I want P. Basma for one of my mothers, because she sets such a good example of a working professional. . .works hard, keeps her nose to the grindstone, is a bit unsung, but accomplished. I want P. Hassan and P. Sarvath for my other parents because they seem wise and nurturing, and all their children seem to have turned out to be decent, respectable, and supremely well-adjusted human beings.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Noor and King Hussein--no question. They raised great kids as evidenced by Hamzah's recent decision to forgo a big reception and give to Jordanian's poor. Smart, savvy, well educated and funny, able to withstand shock and grief, I think they would've been excellent role models as parents.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Queen Noor and King Hussein--no question. They raised great kids as evidenced by Hamzah's recent decision to forgo a big reception and give to Jordanian's poor. Smart, savvy, well educated and funny, able to withstand shock and grief, I think they would've been excellent role models as parents.

Except it is Ali who has decided to have a quiet wedding, not Hamzah ! His was last May with quite a lot of razz ma tazz.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

not to be a stickular for details but QN and KH raised Ali, also. so the comment stands. they did raise some good kids (even if they do get mis-identified from time to time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
Except it is Ali who has decided to have a quiet wedding, not Hamzah ! His was last May with quite a lot of razz ma tazz.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Actually compared to most Arab weddings and KA wedding, Hamzah's wedding was pretty quiet.

Also I think its too soon to tell what Ali will do. KA is still hosting a reception
Old 08-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me
Actually compared to most Arab weddings and KA wedding, Hamzah's wedding was pretty quiet.
This is true, but it was larger than royal wedding hitherto, even than the one of then P. Abdullah and P. Rania.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
This is true, but it was larger than royal wedding hitherto, even than the one of then P. Abdullah and P. Rania.
what's hitherto?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
This is true, but it was larger than any other royal wedding hitherto, including those of his two elder brothers. K. Abdullah's wedding had fewer people, and the settings were far simpler. Having said that, no-one jumped out of a plane brandishing a sword to cut the cake with, as they did at A & R 's wedding !
Old 08-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
This is true, but it was larger than any other royal wedding hitherto, including those of his two elder brothers. K. Abdullah's wedding had fewer people, and the settings were far simpler. Having said that, no-one jumped out of a plane brandishing a sword to cut the cake with, as they did at A & R 's wedding !

actually if i remenber right, im not 100% sure but rumor is that KA and P.Faisal had huge weddings.

LOL i guess it depends what a small quiet wedding is for them
Old 08-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
what's hitherto?
So far.....

There were more foreign royals ( who were not necessarily friends of the young couple ) at H & N 's wedding, than there had been at any other wedding, which meant a large number of cars, royal suites, ADC's,. security, etc., and also, some 800 guests plus attendent entourages had to make their way to or be transported to Aqaba for stage 2, all of which doesn't really add up to a simple wedding. Even if Abdullah and Feisal's had been the same in numbers ( which they weren't ) they were all heald in the same place which has to make a difference.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

it will b interesting to see what Ali does and if it indeed will be quiet
Old 08-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
actually if i remenber right, im not 100% sure but rumor is that KA and P.Faisal had huge weddings.

LOL i guess it depends what a small quiet wedding is for them
They were huge for when they happened as it was not the norm in Jordan to have large glitzy ' stage managed' weddings. However, nothing the royal family have done can match some of the vastly extravagant functions that have been taking place throughout Jordan this summer, and in the recent past ( except for the guest list ).
Old 08-31-2004, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
They were huge for when they happened as it was not the norm in Jordan to have large glitzy ' stage managed' weddings. However, nothing the royal family have done can match some of the vastly extravagant functions that have been taking place throughout Jordan this summer, and in the recent past ( except for the guest list ).

wow really has it been a crazy summer in Jordan?
Old 08-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
wow really has it been a crazy summer in Jordan?
It has indeed. Fireworks all night long as everybody but everybody now has fireworks. At a wedding last week there were three occasions when the skies erupted - when the couple arrived, when the cut the cake and when they started the dancing.......