i m surprised

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manoula

Commoner
City
beirut
Country
Lebanon
hello everyone, i wasnt interested in the arab royals, but 2 days ago at the dentist waiting room i read in a magasine about the royals in joradn they r diffrent from all the others in the arab world, i was shocked do we have in the arab world a real royal familly:eek: similiar to those on europe!!!!:eek: it apaers that we have and they r realy cool i liked theme i saw the book written by the queen there i m thinkng about reading it and im going to try to find out more aboutt them, but one question if any jordanian is reading this do you like to be governed by royals i mean u dont preffer a democratic regime as the one we r trying to buikd in lebanon everyone get the chance to be president or anything not just the royals i meen they should be like in the uk just for the traditions not actualy governer.

For me a President and his family is just another monarch without a title. There are less Royals these days than Presidents but, check the map, how many Royals and their Nations are involved in civil rights violations and compare that to the Presidentials record all over the planet.

That speaks volumes that Royals are, in most cases, the best custodians of the democracy. They represent the people above the politicians much like in religion a leader represents the parish above all interests. But that's just my opinion.

Manoula, I think you posted this thread twice? :confused:

yes i know hwo can i delet the other one my connection went off them cam back, as for the royals r the same as a goverment dont u wish to be the king once? i know if u said yes this may cause u some problemes:D but really diont u?

Tha't is also my opinion (that Royals are the best custodians of Democracy and represent the people above Politicians,) although stereotypacally many would diagree with us. A Monarchy in most cases remember, the Divine Right of Kings. Therefore they always remember, that there is a greater power than they and that they they're are mere servants of God. This increases the Spirit of Humility. In addition there isn't the (and is reiterate in most cases) 'we feel are absolute and eternal,' when in fact they're no better than anyone else.

Royalty is a Duty and is more than a noun. There is sacrifice and hard work involved, whereas the life of a Politician has more liberties. They can always change they're vocation, those of us whom were born to Royal Rank and Priviledge have such obligations for life.:) There is Joy within Royal Life but it has to be earnt. Athough at times hard, at others it is a consolation and the Divine rock upon which one's life is built. It also remains steadfast in the face of adversity.:)

Toledo said:
For me a President and his family is just another monarch without a title. There are less Royals these days than Presidents but, check the map, how many Royals and their Nations are involved in civil rights violations and compare that to the Presidentials record all over the planet.

That speaks volumes that Royals are, in most cases, the best custodians of the democracy. They represent the people above the politicians much like in religion a leader represents the parish above all interests. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
so u all r okay with it , that's good for ur country, maybe things r just how they r supposed to be in jordan.

just one more question, do you elect any one? i mean do u practice ur right to vote?

From my understanding, Jordanians indeed vote upon political issues to do with Parliament. That is to say, the matters which the Monarch chooses not to involve himself in. No offense meant.

manoula said:
so u all r okay with it , that's good for ur country, maybe things r just how they r supposed to be in jordan.

just one more question, do you elect any one? i mean do u practice ur right to vote?
Yes we do, we are considered a Democratic country..KA's main concern is democracy, he wants Jordan to be set as an example in the ME and in the world as well.

manoula said:

I'm curious, you have an interesting style to phrase a post using single letters that emulate the sound of an entire pronoun. I call that a forced style more a work of coincidence. You are from Blabla, Lebanon? As in blah blah, the nouns?

Forgive me, but maybe my alert radar is playing with my mind or maybe I'm too tired after a long day's work. But I have this feeling I've seen this path before.
Bye.:cool:

Last edited:
i am lebanses bu what is blah blah lebanon????!!! this is the only forum that i am in on the net, and as for the letters well, we all do that in lebanon on msn it's called abrivation and on college when we r taking notes we uses those to wirte faster and i m used to it i cant help it:D but if it bouthers u or u cant understand i well make the effort to stop it.

manoula said:
... and as for the letters well, we all do that in lebanon on msn it's called abrivation and on college when we r taking notes we uses those to wirte faster and i m used to it i cant help it:D but if it bouthers u or u cant understand i well make the effort to stop it.
As a general rule, it is a courtesy to all members for ease of reading and understanding that posts are written fully and without abbreviations.
The TRF is is a discussion forum, and we are typing, not text-messaging.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator

okay i got the message no more abreviation, but can u excuse my grammer i am frensh educated. tank you.

manoula
welcome to the forum and keep posting personally I understand what you are writing ^_*

im curious manoula, did you not know about the Jordanian royals that much or were you just not interested? I guess I just find it surprising for someone who lives in the Middle East, especially when the members of the JRF like Queen Rania have visited Lebanon on many occasions and interact very often with the prominent Lebanese figures like the Hariris.

[ed] English is also my second language and I undestand anyone who has difficulty to comunicate with a foreign grammar. Don't worry about making any mistakes, we all do that. :)
We also have to consider that our text box does not have an option to check the spelling, so any errors made are not to be pointed out, that would be rude, but regardless of the way we write, using a neutral english (let's forget about grammar) helps to get the message across a little better than with text messaging style with missing letters here and there. But don't mind me and thanks for sharing your opinion.

and now, back to your question:
hello everyone, i wasnt interested in the arab royals, but 2 days ago at the dentist waiting room i read in a magasine about the royals in joradn they r diffrent from all the others in the arab world, i was shocked do we have in the arab world a real royal familly:eek: similiar to those on europe!!!!:eek: it apaers that we have and they r realy cool i liked theme i saw the book written by the queen there i m thinkng about reading it and im going to try to find out more aboutt them, but one question if any jordanian is reading this do you like to be governed by royals i mean u dont preffer a democratic regime as the one we r trying to buikd in lebanon everyone get the chance to be president or anything not just the royals i meen they should be like in the uk just for the traditions not actualy governer.

The monarchy in each country is strongly based in the traditions and history of that particular place. For example, King Juan Carlos has a little more power that his cousin Queen Elizabeth, and both have less power or political weight than the sovereigns of Monaco or Liechtenstein. Queen Elizabeth has more influence than, let's say the Emperor in Japan and both can't not even come close to the almost religious devotion we see toward the Thailand Royals. Each country is like a separate experiment in governing. It's difficult to generalize monarchies.
Now, the Jordanian Royals are the most 'europeizied' muslim royals around, but they were not the first. The Shah was like that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
im curious manoula, did you not know about the Jordanian royals that much or were you just not interested? I guess I just find it surprising for someone who lives in the Middle East, especially when the members of the JRF like Queen Rania have visited Lebanon on many occasions and interact very often with the prominent Lebanese figures like the Hariris.

I know the question not for me but I want to correct some thing , I noticed there no big intersting in royals in my region this what I feel , example there are thousands forums in Arabic talking about every thing but nothing about royals :confused:

although Queen Rania a big figure in ME people maybe don't know much about her or her work espcially even if they watch the news , and for sure people know the King and the Queen but I don't think they know the other members of the family .

That's interesting, Houri.
Anyone knows if there is an arab language version of magazines in the style of Hello, Hola, Point de Vue etc that follow the adventures of their local royals? What about local TV series or documentaries, do they show things like royal history or royals in history? :confused:

Last edited:
Toledo said:
Anyone knows if there is an arab language version of magazines in the style of Hello, Hola, Point de Vue etc that follow the adventures of their local royals? What about local TV series or documentaries, do they show things like royal history or royals in history? :confused:

I don't think there is a magazines in the style of Hello at least in my country .

there are for sure documentaries about royals but I don't think people have intersting in those kind of prgrames because we know that no one can do documentary about royals without their influence I mean in this documentary we will just see their opinion and the history that they want us to see and this history maybe even not true :confused:

but I saw interviews with royals but those royals have some thing to say they don't do interview just because they royals , they do it because of their postion in government or business etc ..

Actually I have come across many Arabic magazines that cover Arab royalty and Arab first ladies like Queen Rania, Asma al-Assad etc. often grace their covers (Lebanese magazines in particular)
I dont expect every person in the Middle East to be very familiar with the Jordanian royals, but I dont expect them to be completely ignorant of them either especially when, as I said before, they visit their neighbouring countries very often for one reason or another.

Toledo said:
Well, in Saudi that I know of all the magazines and TV are censored. I do not know of other Arab countries.

actually in lebanon we r not so mcuh inclueded in the arab politics , we dont know who's the king of this or the prince of that, it's in our school education and university, in schoolls we study the frensh history and in the brevet we stuydy the lebanes history and some historys of the arab countrys like syria and egypt and the ksa and that's it this is the arab world for an avreg lebanese person, and now in my major political sciences i just studied about the "jami3a al 3arabia" that'st it cz it's simi;lar to the UN not in much ways:D as for the visit of queen rania i dont remeber that she visited lebanon, i know it's somthing "3aieb" but that's lebanon i know the capitals of al the arab countrys but i m not so much in the goverment and the people of all the countrys, when the king hussein died we knew about it but i didnt know that his family is the way it is now i thought it was like the king and princes of the ksa and emirates, but now i know beter they r a real cool family i liked theme.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom