General Questions about the Royal Family of Jordan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the other set of twins were of Princess Sumaya, daughter of former Crown Prince Hassan. Tariq and Zein were born in 1994.

Princess Ghida had twins, too (also a boy and a girl, named Muhammad and Rajaa, born in 2001; she is married to Prince Talal, elder son of KHussein's other brother Prince Muhammad).

Last edited:
Yes, I would certainly say that twins run in the family!:flowers:

Alia and Noor were/are both Queens, but Munia wasn't. Why? Maybe, because she had no arabian people in her family?

Have not received a reply yet, what I did not write in my email that my plea was stimulated by this article Brabanders verzorgen koningspaarden - telegraaf.nl [Binnenland]

It is about 2 dutch vets who work solely for 500 royal horses that are never ridden, the just exist to be beautiful. A solarium is now being built for them to keep their coat thick in the winter.
I enquired about the article you mention and the Dutch vets Lucas and Lidwien . They are apparently given to exaggeration of facts-there are no studs in Jordan that contain even 200 horses-never mind 500 horses, and the Royal studs do not have horses purely to "Look beautiful", but use their horses as do any breeders the world over. As for a solarium- I believe the idea would be to keep coats THIN in winter -(they get thick anyway, in the winter)however it is more likely, IF there is indeed one being built anywhere, to encourage breeding mares to start cycling earlier in the year from light on their backs-in Europe, the same is achieved by artificial lighting in their boxes.The article you quoted caused some amusement and some irritation in Jordan as it is inaccurate on other matters as well as the one you mentioned . Don't believe all you read!

Last edited:
I dont think that is right, cause King hussein and Queen noor only have 4 children Hamzah, Hashem, Rayiah, and Iman. I dont know who he is.

This article is made up. Apart fom King Hussein and Queen Noor never having a son named Asem, Prince William and Prince Harry didn't study in the Wetherby school, and there is no Bhutanese Princess Dechen Yangzom Wangchuck either.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this article shows a bad aspect of Wikipedia. I love it because it has so much information at my fingertips...as someone who grew up with encylopedia...its great! The bad aspect is that anyone can write anything. There are so many factual errors in that brief bio (not to mention the spelling and grammatical errors) its crazy!

Who is the of the Princess Rjoh bint Ali ???:flowers:

Rjoh? Is it possible that you are speaking of Princess Rajwa bint Ali? She is the daughter of Prince Ali bin Nayef (the brother of Princess Noor's father) and of Princess Wijdan Ali.

Can anyone help

Hi, I am researching the Jordanian Royals and came across the name of Leila Khader who I believe lives in London and was a long term friend of King Hussein...can anyone help with some background on Leila. I understand at one time she was considering writing her memoirs

Many thanks

Queen Noor & Arabic

Does Queen Noor speak and write Arabic fluently? In her memoirs, she did say that the King would come to take her for a walk when she had an Arab class scheduled. Did she manage to understand and speak the language of her country? I know that all her children are flunt in Classical Arabic.

Thanks

can somone help me and give me the adress of:
1-queen rania
2-queen noor
3-th erest of the jordane royal family
pls i need them !

I know Princess Ghida and Princess Alia Tabaa speak spanish. Ghida learn it in Argentina and Alia visits Spain many times after her marriage and spent her honeymoon in Andalusia. Any more jordanian prince or princess speak spanish?

I read also P.Alia tabaa has a Spanish nanny. I read it in newspaper when the nanny died.

Also Princess Noor Hamzah and their sisiters they lived i madrid and studeid their
Thank´s Jordan I forgot it. Her mum and Princess Sarah live in Madrid.

I read also P.Alia tabaa has a Spanish nanny. I read it in newspaper when the nanny died.

Yes Xavi. When Princess Alia was during her honeymoon in Spain she gave a interview a talked about her nanny. Too Alia traveled many times to Andalusia with her parents when she was a child.:flowers:

Where can I find a list of all princes of Jordan (a list of all agnatic descendants of King Abdullah I of Jordan)? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for answering so quickly! :flowers: The site provides lots of information, too much actually. I need only living male-line descendants of King Abdullah I (in other words, those who hold the title of Prince of Jordan).

There are lots of Princes of Jordan today and it's hard to keep track of all of them, so I'm not sure if I've missed birth of another prince(ss). The official websites do not provide those information and if they do, the information is outdated.

Also, has anyone else noticed that princes of Jordan tend to have far more daughters than sons? Out of 46 persons born into the royal family, only 19 are male! :eek:

Jordanian Princes (only males):

grand-sons of King Abdullah I:

(King Hussein bin Talal, died in 1999)
Mohammed bin Talal
Hassan bin Talal

Ali bin Nayef (Naif)
Asem bin Nayef

theirs sons:

Abdullah bin Hussein (King Abdullah II) (4 kids; sons: Hussein, Hashem)
Feisal bin Hussein (4 kids; son: Omar)
Ali bin Hussein (2 kids; son: Abdullah)
Hamzah bin Hussein (1 daughter)
Hashem bin Hussein (2 daughters)

Talal bin Mohammed (3 kids; sons: Hussein, Mohammed)
Ghazi bin Mohammed (3 kids; son: Abdullah)

Rashid bin Hassan

Mohammed al-Abbas bin Ali (3 kids; son: Hamzah al-Abbas)
Ja’afar bin Ali

Nayef bin Asem

Additionally there is H.H. Prince Hussein Mirza (eldest grand-son of the late King Hussein, the eldest son of this king’s first daughter Alia, named Prince by his grand-father)

And another Hashemite lineage in Jordan, the descendants of the younger half-brother of King Abdullah I (Zeid):

Ra’ad bin Zeid

and his 4 sons:
Zeid bin Ra’ad (Jordan’s Ambassador to the USA) (2 kids; son: Ra’ad)
Mir’ed bin Ra’ad (3 kids; sons: Rakan, Ja’afar)
Firas bin Ra’ad (2 daughters)
Feisal bin Ra’ad (2 daughters)

So, to get it straight (numbers indicate generations, only males listed because they have succession rights and because there are 19 males and 46 females):

King Abdullah I:
1.King Talal
2.King Hussein
3.King Abdullah II
4.Prince Hussein
4.Prince Hashem
3.Prince Faisal
4.Prince Omar
3.Prince Ali
4.Prince Abdullah
3.Prince Hamzah
3.Prince Hashim
2.Prince Muhammad
3.Prince Talal
4.Prince Hussein
4.Prince Muhammad
3.Prince Ghazi
4.Prince Abdullah
2.Prince El Hassan
3.Prince Rashid

1.Prince Nayef
2.Prince Asem
3.Prince Nayef
Did Prince Nayef have a son named Ali?

Did Prince Nayef have a son named Ali?

Yes, as you can see in my list ("Ali bin Nayef (Naif)"), he is Nayef's elder son,
and he has two sons:

Mohammed al-Abbas bin Ali (3 kids; son: Hamzah al-Abbas)
Ja’afar bin Ali

thus it's:
2. Prince Ali

3. Prince Mohammed al-Abbas
4. Prince Hamzah al-Abbas

3. Prince Ja’afar

So, Prince Ali has two wives and he had a son when he was 66 years old?

So, Prince Ali has two wives and he had a son when he was 66 years old?

Yes, but he divorced his first wife: Princess Wijdan who is now Jordan's ambassador to Italy (and is a renowned artist and art historian; she is a cousin of the late King Hussein).

Veram do you know when Feisal bin Ra’ad married?

In July 2004; Princess Lara al Feisal worked for a while as a reporter with the Associated Press, her father is Munjed Munir Sukhtian, Chairman of Al Munjed Group in Jordan; it is this group:

Welcome to the Al Munjed Group website

The couple has two little daughters: Hanan and Mariam (born in 2006 and 2008)

Back
Top Bottom