General Questions about the Royal Family of Jordan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi people. Do you think the Prince Hussein will study at Sandhurst now that is ending Georgetown?

Has anyone in this forum met or seen a member of the royal family in person?

Has anyone in this forum met or seen a member of the royal family in person?
I think Sheikha deena or not?

Anyone know what ist the realitionship etween the royals they are all cousins but have they are a good realitionship or mot?

If I may ask how many royals are there all together?

The JRF do not live in one palace. Each family has its own independent residence. As far as I know, the total number of princes & princesses ranges between 110-115.
Note: this number does not include the children of princesses who usually don't hold HRH title.

Last edited:
May have been asked before but I was wondering about Princess Muna after seeng her at the Crown Prince's wedding. Online I saw a video message from her to a UN org and she was so British I was quite surprised (not sure why really of course she is British by birth)

I read somewhere that she and Hussein divorced in part for political reasons, is that true? I also read she is well liked by most in the JRF even her step children. Anyone know?

Not political exactly... he married Muna because he wanted a wife who would give him a chance to have a respite from all the external stress he was dealing with, and also not make him feel inferior the way his first wife the older, university-educated Dina had done.

By the time Alia came along, he was willing to accept a more cooperative partner. He was also older and more secure. The fact she was Palestinian-Jordanian and a native Arabic speaker was a big bonus — but if he and Muna had been happily married at that point, I don't think he would have divorced her just because an Arab woman was available. (Of course, technically, he didn't have to get divorced at all...?)

Hussein talks about none of this and still manages to make it sound amazingly civilized :flowers::

Thank you! Yes, The King did make it seem all so amicable! I also read that the late King Hussein remained close with Muna, lunching with her weekly almost right up until his death and even went to visit him in hospital in America in his last months.

Last edited:
Younger Muna, a good program, and a very ill-mannered interviewer (really, saying "he might get killed" once or twice would be enough, you'd think).

Do most Jordanian Princes and Princesses work or have official duties in Jordan? Are they all entitled to bodyguards?

Do most Jordanian Princes and Princesses work or have official duties in Jordan? Are they all entitled to bodyguards?
In Jordan, not all princes and princesses perform official duties; these roles are usually limited and often assigned to prominent members of the royal family, such as Crown Prince Hussein bin Abdullah. Regarding security, princes and princesses are entitled to protection by virtue of their royal titles, which includes personal bodyguards and other security measures to ensure their safety.

Back
Top Bottom