The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Aristocracy

Does Royal Court always announce engagments of the members of the Royal Family of Jordan officially?

Old 09-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironical View Post
Does Royal Court always announce engagments of the members of the Royal Family of Jordan officially?
Yes ironical, they announce depending on the member.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Yes ironical, they announce.
Did they announce Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed's engagment as well?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes because Princess Haya, she's King's sister and a Late King's and Queen's daughter.
But if for example, Princess Aisha son Aoun Juma marry, I not sure if they announce or not, because they didn't announce on Prince Hussein Mirza, who is son of Princess Alia. But if you think on Princess Iman bint Hussein, yes they will announce her engagement when she engage because she's like Haya but not daughter of a late queen, her mother is former queen but still have authorities from the title.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Commoner

Looking for a piece of info here -- does anyone know if Princess Rym has siblings?? And if so, are they older, younger, distant in age, etc?

Thank you!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessaAnisa View Post
Looking for a piece of info here -- does anyone know if Princess Rym has siblings?? And if so, are they older, younger, distant in age, etc?

Thank you!
Princess Rym have 2 brothers one is older than and other is younger, she is the median. But they not mention them in her father's wikipedia they only mention her.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

As burzg mentioned above princess Rym has two brothers Salah & Salem. Salah who was born in Egypt 1965 is a strategic advisory services consultant. He is married to to Doaa Taha, a renowned Egyptian engineer & they have two daughters Sofia and Hannah. Her younger brother Salem is a movie producer.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes because Princess Haya, she's King's sister and a Late King's and Queen's daughter.
But if for example, Princess Aisha son Aoun Juma marry, I not sure if they announce or not, because they didn't announce on Prince Hussein Mirza, who is son of Princess Alia. But if you think on Princess Iman bint Hussein, yes they will announce her engagement when she engage because she's like Haya but not daughter of a late queen, her mother is former queen but still have authorities from the title.
Thank you Burzg, you know, as usual, everything!
Yes, I thought about Princess Iman. I wasn't sure whether they announce royal engagments or not, as they've never announced Princesses' pregancies. Ok, we just need some patience.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Can someone tell me..

Who is the lady who came wearing a blue saree at the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria? She and her gentleman arrived at the Church after Princess Martha Louise and before the Prince&Princess of Asturias. I have seen the video on Youtube and they were tagged "Royal Family of Jordan". Why would they wear saree?
Old 09-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Who is the lady who came wearing a blue saree at the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria? She and her gentleman arrived at the Church after Princess Martha Louise and before the Prince&Princess of Asturias. I have seen the video on Youtube and they were tagged "Royal Family of Jordan". Why would they wear saree?
Princess Sarvath El Hassan. She is from Pakistan.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
The Royal Court announced the wedding. In other cases they announced the engagement, as happened with Princess Basma´s daughter, Farah Daghestani: they announced the engagement and after the wedding.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Hi I am totally new to Jordan Royal family..but of late I got very much interested in Prince hassan and Princess Savrath, maybe partly because she was born in India and she wears a saree..
So I want to put forward some things about them.
I have recently read a few articles, apart from Wiki on them..
And what I inferred is they both are an intellectual couple. Princess Savrath has an amazing family background (intellectual, not royal/noble). And she was very very active as Crown Princess for 30 years in Jordan involving in public activities. Prince hassan is also a well read man, academician,expert on MiddleEast politics and so.
I also read that suddenly King Hussein started criticising his brother and removed him from Crown Prince. Several roumors were circulated that Savrath began decorating Palace when King is ill and all, when actually she was preparing to receive a foreign delegation.
I understand that it is natural that King Hussein would want to make his own son CP. But does he need to show Hassan in bad light for that?
How far are these things true?
Anyone can tell me how are the relations among them?
Why does King Abdullah still send them for all foreign royal events if their relations are not good?
And what is the public perception of that couple?
Do people recognise that they are much learned and their contributions are much high than people like Noor and all..
Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Courtier

if i remember well king hussein had named abdullah crown prince at birth but threats/attacks against king made him choose hassan for security reasons.

hussein was away getting treatment and all he had to go on was what others had to say they may have taken advantage of that. i think that enough of time has passed for there not to be too much "bad blood" between the king abdullah and his uncle prince hassan. no matter what happened hassan and his have always supported there family and served when the king has asked for it, so i think that shows them all in a good light.

dont know exactly what you mean about queen noor though, she was eventualy acepted by jordanians people and contributed well during her years as queen remember sarvath only crown princess then. noor knew her positions were going to change no matter who the new king was going to be.

if your interested in more info king abdullah and queen noor have books also king hussein website has his speech about hassan and rumers...
Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
if i remember well king hussein had named abdullah crown prince at birth but threats/attacks against king made him choose hassan for security reasons.

hussein was away getting treatment and all he had to go on was what others had to say they may have taken advantage of that. i think that enough of time has passed for there not to be too much "bad blood" between the king abdullah and his uncle prince hassan. no matter what happened hassan and his have always supported there family and served when the king has asked for it, so i think that shows them all in a good light.

dont know exactly what you mean about queen noor though, she was eventualy acepted by jordanians people and contributed well during her years as queen remember sarvath only crown princess then. noor knew her positions were going to change no matter who the new king was going to be.

if your interested in more info king abdullah and queen noor have books also king hussein website has his speech about hassan and rumers...
Thank u Princess Mahala..And one thing I am curious is..with such a large number of half-brothers, half-sisters, uncles, aunts, cousins,how does the King manage all of them? Who are designated which type of duties? Who are given prominent positions? Because his own kids are young..
For example in UK, Andrew deals with Middle-East and Arab countries, Michael of Kent deals with East European, Edward deals with mainstream European royalty and Gloucesters with Polynesean royalties, Duke of kent has Wimbledon..
Charles and Anne have their own extensive range of official, military and charity commitments. Each of those two work equivalent to about half a dozen European royals.
Can you tell me some sort of division like this in Jordan royal family. Also it is more crucial than British, because they have more active role in the government, I guess. I know Hassan and Savrath represent at all foreign events. I ve seen Hamzah speaking at Copenhagen Climate conference.
What about others? Are all of them full-time working royals?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:07 AM
Courtier

no problem. Mid east royals are not as open with there family as euro royals, like engagments pregnancy or work. they seem to be more interested in privacy then them as well. what i believe is that the king doesnt realy "managed" them at least not openly. i dont think there are big budgets like european families for that either. they seem to do what they want privetly and go to events when nessesary. the king probly asks them and also it goes with there personal interests. some of them are in the military, i think prince feisal is top under the king, and has his sports for peace program. others study and live privite lives ie princess iman hussein was studing to be a vet i think and her younger sister was in studies in far east asian countries. princess alia hussein works with royal/personal horses idk if her job is in that...

Prince hassan and sarvath have such long established relations with other families and hassan in politics thats why we see them more in that area. i think phamzah was very held back from doing that during his time as cp. he does things of his interest for jordan like speeches or events every now and then i guess when he has time.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie123 View Post
Hi, I am researching the Jordanian Royals and came across the name of Leila Khader who I believe lives in London and was a long term friend of King Hussein...can anyone help with some background on Leila. I understand at one time she was considering writing her memoirs

Many thanks
Hi I know Leila well. What do you wish to know, and possibly more importantly, why?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:15 AM
Nobility

Hi I have some questions regarding the succession issue.

I read it on BBC that King Hussein ordered King Abdullah to name Prince Hamzah as his successor before he passed away. Abdullah did that but then moved Hamzah off from the position in 2004, was it right to do? I also heard that Queen Noor was not pleased with the news, and hence their cold relations? Is it true? If yes, I feel sorry for Queen Noor and Hamzah.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post

I read it on BBC that King Hussein ordered King Abdullah to name Prince Hamzah as his successor before he passed away. Abdullah did that but then moved Hamzah off from the position in 2004, was it right to do? I also heard that Queen Noor was not pleased with the news, and hence their cold relations? Is it true? If yes, I feel sorry for Queen Noor and Hamzah.

Yes what you read or heard Exactly right ,,,, your question : was it right to moved prince Hamzah off ,,, In my opinion : no wasn't right to done that ,, because Jordanians love prince Hamzah very much & he was In the right place ,,, King Abdullah did moved him off following to the Monorchy constitution ,, but it was just an argument not more than that !!!
But Crown prince Hussein he's good now but much much less experience than his uncle ,,,, I don't want to unjust CP Hussein because he still young .
Old 12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post

The son of the king is always the successor thats why King Hussein exchanged his brother with son and Queen Noor and Prince Hamzah and the family members approved his dismissal so dont feel sorry. Prince Hamzah himself asked newspapers to stop discussing the subject of him become crown prince again because he aprroves that the son of the king is more righteous.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Commoner

Quote:
The son of the king is always the successor thats why King Hussein exchanged his brother with son and Queen Noor and Prince Hamzah and the family members approved his dismissal so dont feel sorry. Prince Hamzah himself asked newspapers to stop discussing the subject of him become crown prince again because he aprroves that the son of the king is more righteous.

No dear! this is not always the case. King Hussein did withdraw the Crown Prince title from his brother for different, private and family reasons. and not because the son of the king is always the successor!

If the king wants his brother to success him then the brother will success the King after his death. I know that the Jordanian constitution states that the son of the King is the successor but that could change according to the king's well!

As you can read in Queen Noor's book - leap of faith- Hamzah was trained and prepared to success King Hussein but different scenario took place and it was out of Queen Noor's control!