The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

sorry if i went out of the topic in explaining my point of view to what vanesa said when she used the word (we)...and you are absolutely right noormeanslight, self-education and travelling are important too, i missed these points.
btw, and imo too, i really really dont find zeina too young for marriage, as marthaa mentioned above...i am still unable to understand this point, she passed her teens, within a couple of years she would probably be a mother, how much age difference will there be between her and her children? 23-24? imo, i guess it is perfect, would she be less responsible? she is an athlete, and being an athlete helps building ones character, confidence and independence...speaking of further studies in the future, would any royal marriage stand in the way of that??? knowing that her father-in-law is going to be prince hassan himself why worry? congrats and the best of luck for the nice couple and their families.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Well said, Vanesa! When I said Miss Shaban seemed to be the most accomplished among the JRF brides, people instantly started to search her educational background. She's only 22 and can keep studying for many many years if she wants to. But she's already an accomplished athlete and we all know what kind of personal sacrifices that demands. No one can help you stand out as an athlete, it's up to you. Some members here also started the comparisons: 'P Noor was born princess'. What kind of personal accomplishment is this? 'P Rym worked for CNN'. We don't know who hired her back then. As far as I remember, her father was a Minister in Algeria at the time... P Alia was a rich bride, Fahdah was a rich bride, Sara Qabbani was a working class girl and suddenly we hear that an athlete who represented Jordan in the Olympics twice entered the JRF. It was about time. For me, P Rashid made the best possible choice!
Being rich, royal or having a high profile father or being working class should not be something to crtitisize.I don't think they should be labeled. PRym is the most established.most royal brides as well as those marrying into other arab royalty have CAREERS beyond an education. there are so many young single pretty women with established careers in Jordan and other countires. So it is natural to expect well accomplished women to be future princesses. Do all the brides work after being princesses or just official duties?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I agree. No one criticized the other ladies. I explained what 'accomplished' means for me and why I think Miss Shaban is the most accomplished among them. Note: why I think. It's an opinion.

The Jordanian Princesses don't work in the classic way. Official duties are usually enough to keep them busy.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Courtier

To be frank, none of the 'blood' JRF are well educated or brainy. The men tend to marry women who are brighter than them, Rym and Ghida were top flight journalists, Rania although not particularly highly educated and never having had a decent career at any kind of serious level is an intelligent woman although not an intellectual, Queen Noor had a first rate education in the USA at an Ivy League college, Queen Alia was a postgrad, Queen Dina was a post grad academic, Alia al Tabaa never had pretensions to intellect although she is a bright, kind, warm lady neither did Princess Muna although Princess Sarvath does, especially since her mother was an academic. A lot of the education of the blood JRF is accumulated through wasta, unlike the people who marry in and who never had the path smoothed for them.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
To be frank, none of the 'blood' JRF are well educated or brainy. The men tend to marry women who are brighter than them, Rym and Ghida were top flight journalists, Rania although not particularly highly educated and never having had a decent career at any kind of serious level is an intelligent woman although not an intellectual, Queen Noor had a first rate education in the USA at an Ivy League college, Queen Alia was a postgrad, Queen Dina was a post grad academic, Alia al Tabaa never had pretensions to intellect although she is a bright, kind, warm lady neither did Princess Muna although Princess Sarvath does, especially since her mother was an academic. A lot of the education of the blood JRF is accumulated through wasta, unlike the people who marry in and who never had the path smoothed for them.

I agree with you regarding them choosing their spouses, however I disagree that the princes/sses accumulate their education through wasta...since they all had their education abroad,so that isn't an option.

Even when HRH Princess Alia studied at JU, she was treated just like any other student.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Courtier

Do you really think that every son and daughter born into a royal family is so super intelligent that they automatically gain acceptance into some of the world's most prestigious universities when there are people who are not only straight A students but are acknowledged as being amongst the top 10% of their set intellectually struggle to get in? Statistically it is almost impossible! And yet here is prince or princess so and so on their first day at the Sorbonne or Berkeley or wherever and sorry to say I don't believe that the JRF have cornered the market in the intelligence gene.

I was not talking about Alia and that was JU and not overseas where there have been plenty of scandals about degrees for sale, some of them shockingly from the very top universities! It is a well known fact amongst the British military that every year they have to take in the scions of royal houses to attend Sandhurst when under normal circumstances these kids would not even get a foot in the door. Same with the prestigious universities, if you are from a royal or super wealthy family, then entry is guaranteed. This is not to mention the extra coaching that goes on and other practises...

If you look closely, many times the PR says some thing like attended or studied at Yale/Harvard/Oxford/Wherever but not very often does it say graduated! And for those who do graduate, then it is usually with a mediocre degree as if they got first class degrees we would all know about it. Abdullah didn't graduate from Georgetown he 'attended' s an example.

Just because one is born royal, does not mean one is born super smart and as everything else in their lives is accumulated through wasta, then the education, for the most part, is no different.

Just saying....
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very true yamamah and I think this is the case with many high profile people (including children of politicians) not only some of royalty.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Exclamation

Can we please move on? This line of discussion has nothing to do with Prince Rashid's engagement.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator
Old 08-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Any news about their wedding date? (not during Ramadan, of course...)
Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I guess there are no updates yet. An autumn wedding in Amman would be wonderful! And I'm sure it will be a big one, as they're both young and happy and hopefully, they'd love to celebrate it as much as possible. Besides, it's going to be the 1st marriage for both of them. Keep us updated, if you hear anything, guys.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Nobility

I wish a long happy life for the new couple.Miss Shaban is a wonderful match for him.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Wings, what do your sources say about the date of the wedding? I know they're trustworthy.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Nobility

It seems to me it will happen soon. I don't expect a long engagement period.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

^ I have the same impression. An autumn wedding, we're not asking for too much, right? lol
Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Nobility

I am not sure about the exact date. I am just guessing.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

We'll probably get a surprise one of these days, just as with the engagement.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Nobility

agree with Humera
Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
agree with Humera
I think during or right after Eid.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Eid? What's that? New Year's Eve?!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

No, it's the End of Ramadan (Eid-al-Fitr)