Engagement of Prince Rashid and Zeina Shaban: July 3, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't understand what you are talking about. Who is number 3 - and of what?
Me too .. :ermm:
Till now, i did not find any article in the Arab press about Rashid`s engagement .. just the Jordanian newspapers and webs ..Why???

Last edited:
She actually graduated from London Business School , so basically she isn't educated enough YET.

She actually graduated from London Business School , so basically she isn't educated enough YET.

What do you mean not educated enough? She is a college/university graduate.

Me too .. :ermm:
Till now, i did not find any article in the Arab press about Rashid`s engagement .. just the Jordanian newspapers and webs ..Why???

Maybe because he isnt a senior member of the royal family.

Congratulations Rashid
You deserve great

Maybe because he isnt a senior member of the royal family.
Perhaps:ermm: Jordan tv also did not cover it and petra published the pics after 8:00 pm (Jr tv main news).. they did the same in prince Faisal`s marriage... is it a new Policy or tradition? Any way Let's wait to see what they will do in the wedding :)

Last edited:

I mean in comparision to Princess Rym and the rest, at least they had some sort of experience if not MBA's as well. She's still very young that is why

and the rest? who? Princess Nour nor Princess Fahdah are post grads!

Being royal is no excuse for not having good education (not saying this about Noor), and as far as I know P Fahdah is just a graduate from KSA, and so is princess Sarah, prince Faisal's wife. As so is Queen Rania! No immediate members, other than Rym are post grads. I think Zeina is quite well educated.Shes a bachelors, like the rest of them.

Being royal is no excuse for not having good education (not saying this about Noor), and as far as I know P Fahdah is just a graduate from KSA, and so is princess Sarah, prince Faisal's wife. As so is Queen Rania! No immediate members, other than Rym are post grads. I think Zeina is quite well educated.Shes a bachelors, like the rest of them.
Oh ok! at least we agree education is essential.

Great news. Zeina is a beautiful girl.

good news I am looking forward to see the wedding.
the bride is pretty.

congrats for p.rashid and zeina. too early to set a wedding date!

I don't think we must be "educated enough" or not educated at all to marry someone you loves. It's like a great-aunt of mine who wouldn't allow her son to marry a girl who was not an University graduate! :lol: She never asked about love, but about Master degrees!

Before, some people would not like when girls were too educated; nowadays, some people rejects whose who aren't "educated enough". Love seems to be a secondary issue there. :D

I'm happy if two persons are deep in love.

Congrats, Rashid and Zeina!

Vanesa.

Well said, Vanesa! When I said Miss Shaban seemed to be the most accomplished among the JRF brides, people instantly started to search her educational background. She's only 22 and can keep studying for many many years if she wants to. But she's already an accomplished athlete and we all know what kind of personal sacrifices that demands.;) No one can help you stand out as an athlete, it's up to you. Some members here also started the comparisons: 'P Noor was born princess'. What kind of personal accomplishment is this? :lol: 'P Rym worked for CNN'. We don't know who hired her back then. As far as I remember, her father was a Minister in Algeria at the time...:rolleyes: P Alia was a rich bride, Fahdah was a rich bride, Sara Qabbani was a working class girl and suddenly we hear that an athlete who represented Jordan in the Olympics twice entered the JRF. It was about time. For me, P Rashid made the best possible choice!:)

I don't think we must be "educated enough" or not educated at all to marry someone you loves.

Vanesa.

i disagree with you in this, imo, a higher rate of successful marriages happen when the married couple are equally educated, how much can a partner take? living with a non-educated person for the rest of your life is disastrous, you are not raising a baby, you are sharing your life with a partner. leave passion aside and jump into reality, its marriage after all, its all about sharing lives and opinions, etc...and part of it is about the kids future and background.
imo, if you are marrying someone who happens to be above your social class (male or female) or with more education, it would affect the whole relationship, not at the moment, but in the future or near future... if you happen to be someone with less education..there will be lots of sacrifices and super efforts to be made at the same time, that could affect ones own real character and happiness..i am not stating that all married couples should have a phd or ma degrees etc, but both should have a certain or similar amount of education...yes, love and passion is important, but education is equally important too...i am also not stating that all the well pre-arranged and carefully studied marriages are all successful too, marriage could be just like a watermelon;) you'll never know what to expect, even if you know your partner too well. but education is really important and the phrase (educated enough) is important too imo. i hope i was able to make my point clear.

please vanesa note that the word (you) i used above doesnt indicate you in person, i am just stating (my own) point of view:flowers:

Enigma I agree with you 100%
Congrats to the couple although I think she's too young for marriage, but seems the couple knew each other long enough to fall in love and decide to marry that fast, so let it be, eventually she will graduate and have the bachelor degree anyway.

M.

Congrats to Prince Rashid and Zaina Yes she is rather tall and he is rather short this seems like a trait in the family.Look his uncle the late King Hussein I married a taller woman and even his first cousin King Abdullah II him too married a taller woman.

You do have a good point here, Enigma. But we have to remember that we can't always measure one's education by counting his University degrees. There's self-education, too. Or travelling.;) As to Miss Shaban, she must have experienced many things as an athlete already. And she's only 22. She can study as much as she wants to in the future.:flowers:

sorry if i went out of the topic in explaining my point of view to what vanesa said when she used the word (we)...and you are absolutely right noormeanslight, self-education and travelling are important too, i missed these points.:flowers:
btw, and imo too, i really really dont find zeina too young for marriage, as marthaa mentioned above...i am still unable to understand this point, she passed her teens, within a couple of years she would probably be a mother, how much age difference will there be between her and her children? 23-24? imo, i guess it is perfect, would she be less responsible? she is an athlete, and being an athlete helps building ones character, confidence and independence...speaking of further studies in the future, would any royal marriage stand in the way of that??? knowing that her father-in-law is going to be prince hassan himself;) why worry? congrats and the best of luck for the nice couple and their families.

Well said, Vanesa! When I said Miss Shaban seemed to be the most accomplished among the JRF brides, people instantly started to search her educational background. She's only 22 and can keep studying for many many years if she wants to. But she's already an accomplished athlete and we all know what kind of personal sacrifices that demands.;) No one can help you stand out as an athlete, it's up to you. Some members here also started the comparisons: 'P Noor was born princess'. What kind of personal accomplishment is this? :lol: 'P Rym worked for CNN'. We don't know who hired her back then. As far as I remember, her father was a Minister in Algeria at the time...:rolleyes: P Alia was a rich bride, Fahdah was a rich bride, Sara Qabbani was a working class girl and suddenly we hear that an athlete who represented Jordan in the Olympics twice entered the JRF. It was about time. For me, P Rashid made the best possible choice!:)

Being rich, royal or having a high profile father or being working class should not be something to crtitisize.I don't think they should be labeled. PRym is the most established.most royal brides as well as those marrying into other arab royalty have CAREERS beyond an education. there are so many young single pretty women with established careers in Jordan and other countires. So it is natural to expect well accomplished women to be future princesses. Do all the brides work after being princesses or just official duties?:)

^ I agree. No one criticized the other ladies. I explained what 'accomplished' means for me and why I think Miss Shaban is the most accomplished among them. Note: why I think. It's an opinion.;):flowers:

The Jordanian Princesses don't work in the classic way. Official duties are usually enough to keep them busy.

To be frank, none of the 'blood' JRF are well educated or brainy. The men tend to marry women who are brighter than them, Rym and Ghida were top flight journalists, Rania although not particularly highly educated and never having had a decent career at any kind of serious level is an intelligent woman although not an intellectual, Queen Noor had a first rate education in the USA at an Ivy League college, Queen Alia was a postgrad, Queen Dina was a post grad academic, Alia al Tabaa never had pretensions to intellect although she is a bright, kind, warm lady neither did Princess Muna although Princess Sarvath does, especially since her mother was an academic. A lot of the education of the blood JRF is accumulated through wasta, unlike the people who marry in and who never had the path smoothed for them.

To be frank, none of the 'blood' JRF are well educated or brainy. The men tend to marry women who are brighter than them, Rym and Ghida were top flight journalists, Rania although not particularly highly educated and never having had a decent career at any kind of serious level is an intelligent woman although not an intellectual, Queen Noor had a first rate education in the USA at an Ivy League college, Queen Alia was a postgrad, Queen Dina was a post grad academic, Alia al Tabaa never had pretensions to intellect although she is a bright, kind, warm lady neither did Princess Muna although Princess Sarvath does, especially since her mother was an academic. A lot of the education of the blood JRF is accumulated through wasta, unlike the people who marry in and who never had the path smoothed for them.

I agree with you regarding them choosing their spouses, however I disagree that the princes/sses accumulate their education through wasta...since they all had their education abroad,so that isn't an option.

Even when HRH Princess Alia studied at JU, she was treated just like any other student.

Do you really think that every son and daughter born into a royal family is so super intelligent that they automatically gain acceptance into some of the world's most prestigious universities when there are people who are not only straight A students but are acknowledged as being amongst the top 10% of their set intellectually struggle to get in? Statistically it is almost impossible! And yet here is prince or princess so and so on their first day at the Sorbonne or Berkeley or wherever and sorry to say I don't believe that the JRF have cornered the market in the intelligence gene.

I was not talking about Alia and that was JU and not overseas where there have been plenty of scandals about degrees for sale, some of them shockingly from the very top universities! It is a well known fact amongst the British military that every year they have to take in the scions of royal houses to attend Sandhurst when under normal circumstances these kids would not even get a foot in the door. Same with the prestigious universities, if you are from a royal or super wealthy family, then entry is guaranteed. This is not to mention the extra coaching that goes on and other practises...

If you look closely, many times the PR says some thing like attended or studied at Yale/Harvard/Oxford/Wherever but not very often does it say graduated! And for those who do graduate, then it is usually with a mediocre degree as if they got first class degrees we would all know about it. Abdullah didn't graduate from Georgetown he 'attended' s an example.

Just because one is born royal, does not mean one is born super smart and as everything else in their lives is accumulated through wasta, then the education, for the most part, is no different.

Just saying....

Very true yamamah and I think this is the case with many high profile people (including children of politicians) not only some of royalty.

Can we please move on? This line of discussion has nothing to do with Prince Rashid's engagement.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Any news about their wedding date? (not during Ramadan, of course...)

^ I guess there are no updates yet. An autumn wedding in Amman would be wonderful! And I'm sure it will be a big one, as they're both young and happy and hopefully, they'd love to celebrate it as much as possible. Besides, it's going to be the 1st marriage for both of them. Keep us updated, if you hear anything, guys.;)

Back
Top Bottom