Engagement of Prince Rashid and Zeina Shaban: July 3, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rashid is PH`s the only son of so I expect and hope a big and wonderful wedding.

Table tennis player Zeina Shaban, 20, who is studying Economics and Management at the College, has a specific tactic for keeping her nerves at bay when taking on the world’s best: ‘I won’t even look at my opponent. I’ll pretend they’re not there’, she explains. ‘It’s a high speed game and you have to be strong mentally. The competitor uses the usual tactics of grunting to try to put you off, but I do not see nor hear anything surrounding the table – I just focus on the ball and play’.

Zeina has been playing table tennis since she was seven and is something of an icon in her home country, Jordan. She was voted Jordan’s athlete of 2003 following a nationwide poll and has earned numerous titles. Today, she balances her studies with her training programme. ‘I wanted to have a good degree to fall back on so I’ve continued my studies’, she says. ‘I’m really looking forward to competing. I qualified for the second round at Athens, so I hope to at least achieve the same at Beijing’.
Royal Holloway, University of London

Table tennis player Zeina Shaban, 20, who is studying Economics and Management at the College, has a specific tactic for keeping her nerves at bay when taking on the world’s best: ‘I won’t even look at my opponent. I’ll pretend they’re not there’, she explains. ‘It’s a high speed game and you have to be strong mentally. The competitor uses the usual tactics of grunting to try to put you off, but I do not see nor hear anything surrounding the table – I just focus on the ball and play’.

Zeina has been playing table tennis since she was seven and is something of an icon in her home country, Jordan. She was voted Jordan’s athlete of 2003 following a nationwide poll and has earned numerous titles. Today, she balances her studies with her training programme. ‘I wanted to have a good degree to fall back on so I’ve continued my studies’, she says. ‘I’m really looking forward to competing. I qualified for the second round at Athens, so I hope to at least achieve the same at Beijing’.
Royal Holloway, University of London

thank u reeda , very impressive .
her father is very wealthy and her uncle is a doctor :flowers:

Zaina ( new name in the family
Not new; Rashid has a first cousin who bears this name, Zein, Zaina - aren't these two variants of the same name?
Like Noora & Noor?

Congratulations to the happy couple!!! :flowers: I wish them lots of happiness!!!
The girl is very pretty.:)

great news. Congratulations to the happy couple. Any news about the date of the wedding?

Late August or early September would be great! A two-month-engagement seems enough for the JRF lately.;)

Late August or early September would be great! A two-month-engagement seems enough for the JRF lately.;)
I agree with you NoorMeansLight:flowers::) would be great for this year!! perhaps they want to marry next year:) .. like wt prince Hamzah and his ex-wife princess Noor did.

Rashid is PH`s the only son of so I expect and hope a big and wonderful wedding.
you're right i remember that her sister Rahma get a big and nice wedding so that would be great if PRachid also get one.

Miss Zeina Shaban seems to be the most accomplished of all JRF brides. I feel Prince Rashid has made an excellent choice.;)

My, she is beautiful, and quite tall, or is he quite short...

My, she is beautiful, and quite tall, or is he quite short...
I think both ... she is quite tall and he is quite short :) It is not a big problem IMO:) They look very happy .. wish them all happiness :flowers::)

Truth is Prince Rashid is rather short. I don't think he's taller than 1,60m.

I wish them happiness, but isn't she a bit young to get married??? It seems like most of the men in JRF have very young wives..again I mean to cause no offence

Any details about her education? I couldn't find much in her profile.

I wish them happiness, but isn't she a bit young to get married??? It seems like most of the men in JRF have very young wives..again I mean to cause no offence
Not all of them :ermm: 22 years old is appropriate and normal in our region and the age difference between them is also acceptable.

That article is 2 years old, so she's still studying? because I haven't read anywhere yet that she has a degree.

That article is 2 years old, so she's still studying? because I haven't read anywhere yet that she has a degree.
Perhaps :ermm: let us wait for the official wedding announcement :)

Last edited:
No disrespect intended, but how exciting can it be to be number 3?

Back
Top Bottom