Death of Princess Muna`s father (Walter Percy Gardiner): December 1, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a very reliable newspaper. Another very reliable newspaper "AlWatan" has picked up the info as well.
You are right Dazz .. let us wait for the royal court`s announcement. Perhaps they are waiting for King Abdullah II & prince Faisal to return back from Oman.

If it is true the princess and her entire family have my sincere condolences

If it is true the princess and her entire family have my sincere condolences

Unfortunately, it is true .. May his soul rest in peace
The British grandfather of Jordan's King Abdullah II - retired Colonel Walter Percy Gardiner - died at his Amman home, a family friend said. He was 95.

"Colonel Gardiner died in his sleep in Amman, a few days before his 96th birthday which falls on December 12," the friend told AFP on Wednesday.
British grandfather of Jordan king dies - Times LIVE
"King Abdullah has always loved and admired his grandfather from an early age," another family friend said.

Last edited:
Sad news. My sincere condolences to Princess Muna and her family.

My sincere condolences to the family. May he's soul rest in peace.

My sincere condolences to Princess Muna and the entire family

The funeral will start tomorrow, King Abdullah cut his trip short to return to Jordan

Petra news

King back home after Oman trip

An official Royal Court source said that King Abdullah cut short his visit and returned to Amman to take part in the funeral of his grandfather Maj. General Walter Gardiner who passed away in Amman Wednesday dawn.

Jordan News Agency (Petra) |King back home after Oman trip

The king's grandfather "will be buried next to his wife on Thursday in a Jordan Valley farm owned by their daughter Princess Muna".
http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.971a06de1b0beeb30a344fe5499a3f6d.331

My sincere condolences to Princess Muna and her family

Last edited:
Oh sad news !!My sincere condolences to the family and princess Muna ..

very sad news indeed!! my condolences to Princess Muna and the rest of the family.

That's so sad. My sincere condolences to his entire family.
He was often seen at various events involving the royal family. I particularly liked the fact that Princess Muna included him in her New Year's pictures with all of her grandchildren.

An official Royal Court source said that King Abdullah cut short his visit and returned to Amman to take part in the funeral of his grandfather Maj. General Walter Gardiner who passed away in Amman Wednesday dawn.

Jordan News Agency (Petra) |King back home after Oman trip

The king's grandfather "will be buried next to his wife on Thursday in a Jordan Valley farm owned by their daughter Princess Muna".
http://www.google.com/hos...beeb30a344fe5499a3f6d.331

My sincere condolences to Princess Muna and her family
Sorry Veram, i cant see the second link.. can you please post it again?

Sure will be a private funeral as in 1994 when his wife was buried. Walter had great relation with KA and Muna.

me too,look like they were so close.
May he's soul rest in peace.
Walter and Doris only had a one child: Muna. It´s normal that they had a great relation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh so sad !!! My condolences to Princess Mouna and King Abdullah.
May his soul rest in Peace !!

Very sad news...but the time came for him. He lived so long to see his great-grandchildren growing; hardly everyone has such a luck.

As for pictures, his daughter resembles him very much...

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

This one is especially beautiful: with his daughter & all great-grandchildren. Pity that the King, Prince Faisal & Princesses Aisha & Zein were not pictured with them - the family would be in a complete.

Front row: Princess Sara bint Feisal, Col. Gardiner, Princess Salma bint Abdullah, Princess Muna, Prince Hashim bin Abdullah (on her knees), Princess Aisha bint Feisal.
Back row: Princess Ayah bint Feisal, Aoun Juma'a, Muna Juma'a, Princess Iman bint Abdullah, Prince Hussein bin Abdullah, Prince Omar bin Feisal, Jumana al-Saleh, Ja'afar al-Saleh.

Have I guessed well?

As for the funeral, I suppose it will take place in Anglcan Christian ritual & that all his descendants will attend the mass, although they are Muslims.

Petra published this pic. RIP
Dont you think KA looks like him?

Last edited:
When you read this topic from far, you can see only "Death of Princess Muna"! I almost had a heart attack!

However, my condolences to the Princess and the King.

Sure will be a private funeral as in 1994 when his wife was buried. Walter had great relation with KA and Muna.
it definitely will NOT be a private funeral, it is going to be an official one, the RHC has announced mourning for a full week.

it definitely will NOT be a private funeral, it is going to be an official one, the RHC has announced mourning for a full week.
Do you think they will publish pics or videos?
BTW, is col.Percy Muslim like his daughter or he is still Christian?

Do you think they will publish pics or videos?
BTW, is col.Percy Muslim like his daughter or he is still Christian?
I know there will probably be pics , but the part of him being a muslim or christian is something I was wondering about as well,how is it going to be an official Funeral , I am wondering, we will see tomorrow!

I don't think I've ever read that he was Muslim. Just because his daughter converted doesn't mean he did as well. We might get some sort of clue from his funeral, if it is somewhat public that is. Muslims are buried immediately after their death. But then again a non-Muslim could be as well.

I know there will probably be pics , but the part of him being a muslim or christian is something I was wondering about as well,how is it going to be an official Funeral , I am wondering, we will see tomorrow!
I remember when the Pope visited Jordan in 2009 Addustour newspaper reported that KA`s late grandfather was among the recipients at the airport with the royal family members but unfortunately, he did not appear in the event pics.

I don't think I've ever read that he was Muslim. Just because his daughter converted doesn't mean he did as well. We might get some sort of clue from his funeral, if it is somewhat public that is. Muslims are buried immediately after their death. But then again a non-Muslim could be as well.
According to petra he died early Wednesday( today) and will be buried tomorrow Humera .. It is not a long period for a muslim funeral ,If he was.

so sorry to hear that....
my prayers goes to him the his family.

If it´s a public funeral I don´t understand why, he was not part of Royal Family. Same when Doris was buried, was a private funeral.
A week of mourning is normal, he was the grandfather of KA.
I´ve always read that he was christian.

It announced that people can record their sympathies in a Book of Condolences at the Royal Court on Friday from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
King’s grandfather passes away | Jordan Times

I remember when the Pope visited Jordan in 2009 Addustour newspaper reported that KA`s late grandfather was among the recipients at the airport with the royal family members but unfortunately, he did not appear in the event pics..
Yes he was there I have saw pics of him in the airport. He needed a help then.

Back
Top Bottom