Death of Princess Muna`s father (Walter Percy Gardiner): December 1, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like it is a private funeral, no news of the burial or of the funeral so far. I also think it would be private as Salma said, he was not part of the family even though he was the king's grandfather.

The same report on the funeral etc. in English:
(the link doesn't work for now).

King, Queen attend the funeral of the King's grandfather

Amman, Dec. 2 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II led the funeral of his maternal grandfather and father of Her Royal Highness Princess Muna Al Hussein, Major General Walter Gardiner, who passed away yesterday.

Also attending the special funeral were Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hussein Bin Abdullah II, Her Royal Highness Princess Muna Al Hussein and other members of the Royal family.

King Abdullah and princes accepted condolences from Royal family members, the prime minister, the Senate president, speaker of the Lower House of Parliament, president of the Judicial Council, Royal Court chief, the King's advisors, cabinet members, chief justice, the grand mufti, chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, directors of the intelligence, gendarmerie, public security and civil defence departments, members of the diplomatic corps in Jordan as well as high ranking civic and military officials.

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, Her Royal Highness Princess Muna Al Hussein, and other princesses also accepted condolences from Royal family members, wives of senior civic and military officials, women ministers, and members of the Senate and the Lower House of parliament and wives of foreign diplomats.

The Royal Court announced that people can record their sympathies in a Book of Condolences at the Royal Court on Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00pm until the mourning period at the Royal Court ends on Tuesday.

//Petra// ON 2/12/2010 - 05:22:29 PM

First pics .. Jordan tv & petra did not show the funeral .. only the condolences acception
1 .. 2 ..King Abdullah ,prince Faisal,prince Hussein ,prince Ali ,prince Hashem,prince Talal & prince Rashid attended.
3 .. 4
Queen Rania, Princess Muna,Princess Alia ,Princess Zein.

Last edited:
Thanks for pics:flowers: The funeral was private, they are receiving condolences. For me is too much this, he isn´t a Royal family member to receive condolences at Royal palaces.

Last edited by a moderator:
well its the grandfather of the king grandfather of the CP of Jordan and many princes and princesses too so i don't see anything wrong with it .

Thanks for pics:flowers: The funeral was private, they are receiving condolences. For me is too much this, he isn´t a Royal family member to receive condolences at Royal palaces.
It is normal salma cuz He is the King`s paternal grandfather.Also they did not received all the Jordanians condolences .. only the royal family members ,senior officials & ambassadors.The late Col.Ghardiner lived in jordan as part of the royal family for many years.

Last edited:
It is normal salma cuz He is the King`s paternal grandfather.Also they did not received all the Jordanians condolences .. only the royal family members ,senior officials & ambassadors.The late Col.Ghardiner lived in jordan as part of the royal family for many years.
Rossina he was maternal grandfather.
For me is not normal they can receive the condolences at Beit Al Urdun. He lived in Jordan as Princess Muna´s father and its normal; same he wanted to be buried in Jordan a country wich he loved, same his late wife.

Rossina he was maternal grandfather.
For me is not normal they can receive the condolences at Beit Al Urdun. He lived in Jordan as Princess Muna´s father and its normal; same he wanted to be buried in Jordan a country wich he loved, same his late wife.
I think that is because he is the grandfather of many hashimite members including the king and the crown prince as M.Lilo mentioned above. Bait al Urdon is the only the king`s home.

Last edited:
Bait al Urdon is the only the king`s home.
I know it therefore I wrote it. Then following your answer when QNoors´father died he was the grandfather of two Hashemite princes and two princesses; or Baha Udin, too grandfather of Haya or Ali..

They know why take the decission for me is OK.

I know it therefore I wrote it. Then following your answer when QNoors´father died he was the grandfather of two Hashemite princes and two princesses; or Baha Udin, too grandfather of Haya or Ali..

They know why take the decission for me is OK.
Both of them were not paternal grandfathers for a serving King salma.

But where else would the king receive the condolences if not in the palace? I think he has every right as a king to use the palace for any use he wants since he owns them and at the end of the day he was the King's father, regardless whether this was a private or public funeral.

Rest in Peace Col. May your grandson and his mother find peace in their hearts.

I saw on the news yesterday ; Prince Hamzah and Hashim were there but not Ali

I saw on the news yesterday ; Prince Hamzah and Hashim were there but not Ali

Then the news report is wrong, accepting the condolences were HM King Abdullah, Prince Feisal, Prince Ali and Prince Hashim as well as their cousins. Prince Hamzah was not in attendance as he is out of the country.:flowers:

Then the news report is wrong, accepting the condolences were HM King Abdullah, Prince Feisal, Prince Ali and Prince Hashim as well as their cousins. Prince Hamzah was not in attendance as he is out of the country.:flowers:

Thanks for the correction ; do you know if princess haya attended the women's condolences cause it was her birthday's daughter that day ?

You are right , Hamzah did not attended .. I saw only P Faisal,P Ali & P Hashem with the King as well as cousins.

My sincere condolences to Princess Muna, to King Abdullah and Prince Faisal and to the rest of the family! May his soul rest in peace! :flowers:

My sincere condolences to Princess Muna, to King Abdullah and Prince Faisal and to the rest of the family! May his soul rest in peace! :flowers:

I could not agree more. My condolences also go to Princess Zein and Princess Aisha as well as to Gen Gardiner's great grand children. May he rest in peace :flowers:

Why did Queen Rania not wear a white veil like the others ?

Condolences to Princess Muna and her family.

I'm a little bit late, but condolences to Princess Muna.

Back
Top Bottom