King Abdullah & Queen Rania & Family: Current News & Pictures Part 15

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Welcome to Part 14 of Current News and Pictures for King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

The previous thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines, specifically the following:
  • All images and articles must have a source attributed to it.
  • Only current images can be attached directly to the forum. Old images must be hosted via another source first.
  • Post only 20% of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Be respectful even if you do not agree.
  • Stay on topic, otherwise posts will be deleted.
Happy posting!

Last edited:
Hi Humera,

Thank you for telling me about where Queen Rania will be at in Toronto on June 2nd.. Yes, I know where Metro Toronto Convention Centre is. I've been there many times. And, I hope to go there to see QR. If I go, I hope to get a lots of pictures..:)

By the way,I forgot to add something here.. Humera, I am sorry you won't be able to be back by June 2nd.. :( Wish I could meet you there at Merto Convention Centre when QR visit Toronto..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea she visited Chicago???:eek:

Amman - Jordan's historical ties with the Palestinians will not be shaken by a Hamas scheme to plot attacks in the kingdom, King Abdullah II said in statements published Friday.
LINK

Chantal Clement said:
Hi Humera,

Thank you for telling me about where Queen Rania will be at in Toronto on June 2nd.. Yes, I know where Metro Toronto Convention Centre is. I've been there many times. And, I hope to go there to see QR. If I go, I hope to get a lots of pictures..:)

By the way,I forgot to add something here.. Humera, I am sorry you won't be able to be back by June 2nd.. :( Wish I could meet you there at Merto Convention Centre when QR visit Toronto..:)

I know, im disappointed too Chantal. But I hope you do make it to the event and get to see the Queen and take lots of pictures. Good luck!

RachelA said:
A ROYAL sit-down, 500 persons, at the Met for Jordan's drop-dead gorgeous Queen Rania. She's pushing a TV idea. A Jordanian cartoon series for kids. "Ben and Izzy" is about an American and an Arab. It's humor. It's to show we can all play together. It's to try to sell in this country.
She was like any other television promoter except for chandelier diamond earrings, which doubled her own weight. Her Maj wore a glorious pleated, ruffled, sleeveless, gray organza gown. "I don't always own these clothes," said HRH Rania. "Some, of course, I actually buy outright, but very often the designer lets me have it or allows me to borrow it for the night." I mumbled she really didn't somehow look to me as if she had to stay on a budget. "Ohhh, Lord," said Barbara Walters, standing between us. "I can just see the way this story is going to read."

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/cindy/cindy.htm

Thanks for posting this Rachel.
Some of us already suspected that Queen Rania borrows quite a few of her clothes, especially evening wear.
I personally think its wise. And besides, i'd rather not see an evening gown on her 3 or 4 times, it gets so boring.

lol, I'm suprised she'll have difficulty with getting freebie designer cloths. I would think the publicity alone that she'll generate for the designer is worth giving out few gowns.

Oh I doubt she'll have any difficulty. She says that the designers often just give her clothes or let her borrow them.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Some of us already suspected that Queen Rania borrows quite a few of her clothes, especially evening wear.
I personally think its wise. And besides, i'd rather not see an evening gown on her 3 or 4 times, it gets so boring.

You're welcome Humera! I wonder about her everyday clothes though... do you think she buys those or gets them for free? She repeats certain pieces (jackets, shirts, etc.) so I don't think she borrows those and I wonder if those things generate enough publicity for the designer to warrant giving them to her for free? A lot of her everyday pictures taken in Jordan don't get published like her overseas visits, state visits, evening receptions so I doubt many people actually get to see them.

Hello Chantal. I really hope you get to see Q.R. I hope it will be easy to get in. Do you know if you need a pass of some sort, or will it be for public viewing. In any case. My heart is with you, Hope you get lots of pictures to share with us. Have fun......

~*~Humera~*~ said:

Well it's what alot of us have thought for a long time now. It's certainly beneficial for both parties, she get a nice dress and the designer gets free publicity.

Moreover, it's a good way of combating the critics.

8th Arab Energy Conference

The conference which will be held under the patronage of King Abdullah II of Jordan
LINK

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah
The Mosaic Foundation welcomed the First Lady Laura Bush and Jordan's Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah to their 9th annual benefit gala. The theme was Education, a Two Way Street. They thanked USAID for funding Sesame Street's operations in the Middle East Arabic countries.
Washington DC, USA - 09.05.06

from Wenn :

Hi Claudia Lisa Remy,

I hope to go to see Q.R. But I am not sure if I should get in free or get some pass of some sort. I will find out about that. I checked Metro Convention Centre website and found out that Q.R. will be there from 7:30am in the morning to 2:30pm. That's awfully early for me to go there but I'll see if I can go there and catch her. :)

Jordan's Queen Rania had lunch on Monday with Paul Newman, who filled her in on his Hole in the Wall Camp charity.
LINK

I hope Rania does get involved with Paul Newman's charity, it is such a great organisation.

Queen Rania Of Jordan Opens Centre For Entrepreneurship

AMMAN, JORDAN- MAY 14: Jordan's Queen Rania arrives at the Princess Sumaya University for Technology May 14, 2006 in Amman, Jordan. Rania placed the Foundation Stone for the Queen Rania Center for Entrepreneurship.

From gettyimages

Attachments

• 57608473.jpg
    57608473.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 911
  • 57608477.jpg
    57608477.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 770
  • 57608479.jpg
    57608479.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 57608482.jpg
    57608482.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 57608484.jpg
    57608484.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 676
  • 57608490.jpg
    57608490.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 363
Queen Rania of Jordan waves her hand during the opening ceremony of the Queen Rania center for entrepreneurship after announcing the winners of the princess Sumaya national entrepreneurship competition in Amman, Jordan, Sunday, May 14, 2006.

#1: Profimedia
#2-5: Reuters
#6-8: Polfoto

Attachments

• NWS-996770.jpg
    NWS-996770.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 310
  • r78127050.jpg
    r78127050.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 457
  • r118408767.jpg
    r118408767.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 406
  • r1457649141.jpg
    r1457649141.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 435
  • r3308758389.jpg
    r3308758389.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 416
  • AP798758.jpg
    AP798758.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 334
  • AP798762.jpg
    AP798762.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 324
  • AP798763.jpg
    AP798763.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 289
Thanks for the pictures. Was Princess Sumaya there as well?

King Meets Participants in the Arab Energy Conference</STRONG>

/14/

Amman, May 14(Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II received on Sunday participants in the 8th Arab Energy Conference, which started in Amman under the title '' Energy and Arab Cooperation''

LINK

AMMAN, May 14 (KUNA) -- There should be far-reaching plans among Arab states to stave off negative impacts of rising oil prices on their economic development, said King Abdulla II at the 8th Arab Energy Conference on Sunday
LINK

Picture:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/14/10156I.htm

Last edited:
KUWAIT: Jordan's Prime Minister Dr Maarouf Al-Khateeb announced that King Abdullah II will visit Kuwait soon
LINK

According to oprah.com Rania will be on this Thursday's Oprah.

No It is on Wendsday 5/17/06

Queen Rania will indeed be on the Oprah Winfrey Show this Wednesday, May 17, 2006. The show is advertised with the title "The World's Youngest Queen".

From the previews, it looks like Rania will be in the Chicago studio with Oprah. If you go to www.oprah.com there is a brief blurb about the show.

I thought a number of us might want to tune in!

Eliza

I think she already did it while she was in USA, the clothes she wore were the same as the ones she visited one of the high schools with, brown jaket, I think, not sure..

amina1 said:
I think she already did it while she was in USA, the clothes she wore were the same as the ones she visited one of the high schools with, brown jaket, I think, not sure..

I thought the same thing, it's probably a pre-recorded episode.

King awarded int'l prize for his effective role in dialogue of civilizations</STRONG>
/20/
Amman, May 15 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II underlined on Monday the importance of depending on common universal values to establish a long and sustainable global partnership that will usher a new era of existence, cooperation and fulfillment for peoples.

LINK

Amman, May. 15, (BNA) Jordanian Monarch, King Abdullah II, received today a written message from Russian President, Vladimir Putin,
LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom