4th IOC World Conference on Women and Sport: March 8-10, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Feisal delivers strong message ahead of global conference
...HRH Prince Feisal on Thursday called upon the world’s leading sporting bodies to play a major role in promoting the issue of women in sport, on the eve of one of the most important global conferences which gets under way on Saturday, according to a statement from the Jordan Olympic Committee (JOC)... - Article

Beautiful avatar, dazzling. Where is the photo from?

I'm really looking forward to this event, I think the symbolism of holding it in a muslim country is very important as well.

8 March 2008
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) today joined in International Women's Day and revealed the winners of its 2008 Women and Sport Awards.
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE - NEWS

This Saturday 8 March marks International Women's Day and the kick-off of the fourth IOC World Conference on Women and Sport in Jordan.
ISAF : Women On The Starting Blocks

Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) and Angola's First Lady Ana Paula Dos Santos (R) attend the opening ceremony of the 4th IOC World Conference on Women and Sport at the King Hussein Convention Centre at the Dead Sea on March 8, 2008. Top sporting officials and former Olympic medallists gathered in Jordan today to promote women's participation in sport (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3

Vehicle for Change - brief article

No sign of Rania yet.

Nor Princess Haya as she is a member of the IOC.

Last edited:
Princess Aisha affirms the King's interest to develop sports movement

...Princess Aisha said King Abdullah's keen interests to upgrade sports and sportsmen is a continuation of ... - Article

Princess Aisha and Prince Faisal
(petra)

It's really good to see Aisha at this event!

It seems that Queen Rania did not attend this event neither yesterday nor today.

Last edited:
I saw a promo for this event on the BBC tonight. They mentioned that it was held under the patronage of KA and QR, at the Dead Sea and so on.
The King and Queen weren't pictured though, they showed women athletes from different countries.

Most of the articles mention Queen rania being there but for some reason there are no photos. They may well be released later on.

I saw a promo for this event on the BBC tonight. They mentioned that it was held under the patronage of KA and QR, at the Dead Sea and so on.
The King and Queen weren't pictured though, they showed women athletes from different countries.

King Abdullah was pictured the first day, second day was Princess Aish & Prince Faisal. I only expected the King & maybe the Queen to attened the opening &/or closing of the meeting/

Most of the articles mention Queen rania being there but for some reason there are no photos. They may well be released later on.

Yes they did, but im guessing that theu supposed she was there since its held under her & the king. I really doubt if she was they wouldnt of snapped a few shots & she wouldve been with King Abdullah at the front at the opening:)

When an event takes place "under the patronage of" someone, it doesn't necessarily mean that they attend. A number of times in the past, conferences and meetings have taken place in Jordan under Rania's patronage but she did not attend.

to bad that we ccould not see rania..altough BIG thank you to the posters of the other nice pictures..

Yes they did, but im guessing that theu supposed she was there since its held under her & the king. I really doubt if she was they wouldnt of snapped a few shots & she wouldve been with King Abdullah at the front at the opening:)
I was thinking more along the lines that maybe the photos will be released sometime in the near future. Or that there may not have been many taken. For example when they were in Britain there was an evening banquet but there were no photos of the event released.

chelsea said:
When an event takes place "under the patronage of" someone, it doesn't necessarily mean that they attend. A number of times in the past, conferences and meetings have taken place in Jordan under Rania's patronage but she did not attend.
True but most articles mention her attending plus I would have expected her to attend such an event.

In fact, Rania has turned up at the conference now. Pictures of her on Petra.

Thank´s Lilo! I like her blouise.

More from today

Prince Feisal addressing the conference
Prince Feisal listening to Princess Rahma
Princess Rahma addressing the conference
Princess Rahma

Queen Rania of Jordan attends the 4th IOC World Conference on Women and Sport, in South Shuneh, west of Amman, Jordan, Tuesday, March, 10, 2008. Top women athletes gathered in Jordan to discuss boosting female participation in the Olympics and other sporting events.(AP Photo/Nader Daoud)
Photo 1
Photo 2

Prince Faisal of Jordan, President of Jordan's Olympic Committee, left, speaks with Anita de Frantz, President of the Olympic Commission for Women, right, during the closing session of 4th IOC World Conference on Women and Sport, in South Shuoneh, west of Amman, Jordan, Tuesday, March, 10, 2008. Top women athletes gathered in Jordan to discuss boosting female participation in the Olympics and other sporting events. (AP PHoto/Nader Daoud)
Photo

Back
Top Bottom