The Duke and Duchess of Castro and Family 2: June 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess of Castro:

"A few words as a United Nation Women for Peace Goodwill Ambassador"

Very good words! Good text, shown some temper - I like this!

And yes, a women in her position has not necessarily any duties to feed the poor... - but she has to give back somehow. The Duchess seems to live in a good relationsship. This is not the case for every women, not in Europeland and it is partly even much worse elsewhere.

So, it is a good cause! Bravo! :flowers:

The Duke and Duchess of Castro with Carolina and Chiara is seen on timestamp 0:06 on Inside Monaco - The Ultimate Playground for the Rich: Trailer which is a 3 part series on BBC iPlayer this coming Monday.

:previous: No social distancing I see :whistling:

I hope Prince Amedeo of Belgium and the two Castro princesses won't have the same results of partying during a pandemic...

Congratulations to the young ladies, Princess Maria Carolina and Princess Maria Chiara, on graduating from high school. I wish them much success as they continue on their life’s journey.

If Maria Chiara is two years younger than Maria Carolina, she should be two classes lower.

Biri, you are correct, 2 years difference in age for the princesses, however, that does not mean the younger one did not excel in the studies and graduated with her sister. I friends daughter was 16 graduated from college and at 22 graduated from Veterinarian School. It is possible to graduate early from high school.

Just when I was warming and starting to enjoy the ongoings of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies with their extravagant lifestyle combined with their philanthropic endeavors, it seems Camilla and her sister Christiana continue further legal disputes over the contents of their family trust which began back in 2011. It's not a good sign when you find yourself having to keep going back into court. However, all these recent articles do paint a fascinating family background for Camilla.

But, it appears things are now escalating. Unofficial Royalty referenced an article today from the Daily Beast which referenced an article from the Times. Headlines "An Italian princess has been warned she could be fined millions of pounds after being accused of concealing a fortune belonging to her film star mother that includes a £50 million painting by Gauguin. Princess Camilla Crociani of Bourbon-Two Sicilies has been embroiled in a legal dispute with her sister over a trust fund set up by their mother, the Italian actress Edoarda Crociani."
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-of-millions-over-trust-fund-battle-5r5kgqzth

https://www.thedailybeast.com/princ...n-of-dollar65m-gauguin-masterpiece?ref=scroll

I wonder why the courts don't summon the mother, Edoarda Crociani. Initially when I started reading into these court proceedings I thought perhap the mother was no longer alive but she is 80 yrs old and very much alive. One would think there is plenty of money for everyone.

I didn't know they were attending university. Until recently they were still traveling with their parents and being homeschooled if I am not mistaken.

It doesn't seem to be a very rigorous university and specializes in a very limited number of areas (finance, marketing, sport business management and international management, luxury management). It is ranked 5826th worldwide according to Unirank.

Fun fact: it is located in Stade Louis II (the Monaco football stadium).

Last edited:
It is ranked 5826th worldwide according to Unirank.

From what I did read, the university is much better, than the "Unirank" lets assume - They are highly specialized, so they don't have much or any research in areas other than their "turf". And this explains the low rank!

From what I did read, the university is much better, than the "Unirank" lets assume - They are highly specialized, so they don't have much or any research in areas other than their "turf". And this explains the low rank!

Where did you read about this university? What does 'much better' mean? To what other universities are they comparable? Can you share some links?

Aren't they only 17 and 15? How can one start at a proper university at that age?

Aren't they only 17 and 15? How can one start at a proper university at that age?

I wanted to look up Chiara's age as I also thought she was too young. 17 might be possible but 15 doesn't make sense at all unless you are an extremely brilliant student and I haven't heard anything about that.

Being privately tutored the young ladies could be finished early with their studies. My friends daughter did graduate from college at age 15 and became a veterinarian by 20. Like her the princesses could have tested out of classes, some high school classes could have actually been college classes. Many ways to get ahead and graduate early. The princesses would have to test out of high school and many universities or colleges say students have to test in.
It is very possible that all the above was done.

:previous: What is the name of the University the girls are attending now?

Where did you read about this university? What does 'much better' mean? To what other universities are they comparable? Can you share some links?

Yep, I have been looking, what a Master degree costs - and honestly: for European circumstances, where even higher education in the most countries is for free, they are not that cheap:
https://www.monaco.edu/fees-financial-aid/

https://www.4icu.org/reviews/3369.htm

:previous: Here you can see their very narrow research area too.

And then I wondered, why anybody would spend that much money - in Europeland! And I did see, that in their narrow field they punch quite heavy! For example for "Luxury" (of course, Monaco!) they come into the absolute top ranks:

https://find-mba.com/lists/top-busi...-business-schools-for-luxury-brand-management

Yep, I have been looking, what a Master degree costs - and honestly: for European circumstances, where even higher education in the most countries is for free, they are not that cheap:
https://www.monaco.edu/fees-financial-aid/
The fact that it isn't for free mainly means that only those that can afford it will attend. So, that will ensure that your peers are not from poorer backgrounds; it doesn't necessarily mean that it is high quality. I don't know whether this is a for-profit private university but those typically offer lower quality instead of higher quality because their bottom-line is most important. So, they are willing to bend the rules as long as you pay.

https://www.4icu.org/reviews/3369.htm

:previous: Here you can see their very narrow research area too.
That's indeed where I found the 5826th rank.

And then I wondered, why anybody would spend that much money - in Europeland! And I did see, that in their narrow field they punch quite heavy! For example for "Luxury" (of course, Monaco!) they come into the absolute top ranks:

https://find-mba.com/lists/top-busi...-business-schools-for-luxury-brand-management

Thanks for looking deeper into this! I do understand they have a very specific niche that few schools offer. The fact they don't require a GMAT shows that they are not at all comparable to regular top-MBA's. I guess their are very few universities that offer this type of program - so in their little world they seem to be doing quite ok.

I guess their are very few universities that offer this type of program - so in their little world they seem to be doing quite ok.

Yep, they are less of an UNIversity, they are more a LUXURYversity.

But the area, Monaco is situated in, is surely helpful - between Northern Italy, France and Switzerland, with all their luxury industries, plus all the luxury in Monaco itself: It makes sense!

Statement from Duchess of Castro following the last court decision on the family war.

In a few words sent to Vanitatis, the wife of Charles of Bourbon-Two Sicilys explains the recent court ruling and confirms that he will appeal the decision of the courts.

Princess Camilla of Bourbon has been notified of the judgment handed down on Tuesday, December 22, by the Jersey Royal Court in what appears to be a new manipulation of the laws orchestrated by the BNP Paribas Group and intended to tarnish her reputation.
In fact, and in accordance with the Jersey Royal Court ruling of September 11, 2017, BNP Paribas Jersey Trust Corporation has been convicted of illegally transferring several financial assets from the trust created in 1987 by Doña Edoarda Crociani in violation of the rights of its beneficiaries. The subsidiary of the first French bank has been ordered to replenish all the assets of the family trust worth more than 100 million pounds.
Today, BNP Paribas Jersey Trust Corporation officially runs the risk that the UK Supreme Court will order him to pay 125 million pounds to Princess Camilla's two daughters.
Princess Camilla de Borbón wishes to point out that she has never been tried and not even charged in this court proceeding by the Jersey Royal Court and wishes to denounce the deceptive destabilization maneuvers carried out by the BNP Paribas Group which, in fact, has been convicted of betraying the crociani family's trust. To this end, the BNP Paribas Group has redoubled its pressure, including obtaining under judicial coercion information relating to the assets of Doña Edoarda Crociani, while multiplying all kinds of legal actions in order to destabilize and damage the image of her ex-client and her family.
Understanding that they have been deceived by BNP Paribas Jersey Trust Corporation, under the appearance of a restructuring of the trust, Doña Edoarda Crociana and Princess Camilla de Borbón have had no choice but to file in 2018 a criminal complaint before the Courts of First Instance of Monaco against the BNP Paribas Group and its directors for abuse of trust, forgery , scam and cover-up by organized group. The case is currently under investigation.
The judgment of Tuesday, December 22, should obviously be regarded as a new episode in the BNP Paribas Group's judicial exhaustion strategy against Princess Camilla of Bourbon to exonerate its subsidiary BNP Paribas Jersey Trust Corporation from the harsh judgment handed down against her in 2017.
Princess Camilla of Bourbon will appeal the contempt conviction to the Court.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...iva-camilla-borbon-decision-judicial_2889868/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom