Savoy and Savoy-Aosta: Restoration, Succession, Heirs and Conflicts 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

What are the new writings and website to which Vittorio Emanuele's statement is reacting?

the letter isn’t bad and sounds good. Hopefully the Savoys stick to the peacefulness and avoid the mistakes the Castros made and actually stick to unity.

Last edited:
To be fair: the dispute was in King Umberto's very own making.

He was not clear about the status of the union between Prince Vittorio Emanuele and Marina Doria. Was it dynastic or not?

(Like he was not clear about the ownership of the royal jewels, now in a safe of the Italian National Bank, collecting dust and cobwebs).

Because of this lack of clarity, King Umberto gave way to disputes between members of the royal family and to disputes with the State of Italy.

It's sad to see their disputes, some caused by a sort of family rivalry that seems to go back for a while. Re the historical jewels, a way to tackle the issue was if the family agreed to have them exhibit as a loan in a museum. My fear is if they go to a specific member stressed for cash there's a risk all will be on an auction at some point. They are part of history and I still recall ages ago, when we rode on dinosaurs, actress Sofia Loren did time in prison for trying to remove art out of Italy that she even owned.
Let's exhibit them and maybe a museum show will generate positive public interest in the history of the House of Savoy again

Last edited:
It's sad to see their disputes, some caused by a sort of family rivalry that seems to go back for a while. Re the historical jewels, a way to tackle the issue was if the family agreed to have them exhibit as a loan in a museum. My fear is if they go to a specific member stress for cash there's a risk all will be on an auction at some point. They are part of history and I still recall ages ago, when we rode on dinosaurs, actress Sofia Loren did time in prison for trying to remove art out of Italy that she even owned.
Let's exhibit them and maybe a museum show will generate positive public interest in the history of the House of Savoy again
I have seen comments that repeated about an exhibit on the jewels but the state won’t do it. I recall some time that there was a legal case on the jewels

I didn't say that both sides advanced their claims on the same bases or comment on Vittorio Emanuele's motivations. I only responded to your comment "The senior branch can do what it likes, won’t change the fact that Vittorio Emanuele’s rights to do so are disputed" by pointing out that each branch disputes the "rights" of the other.

Perhaps we are talking past one another. I must admit I still do not understand the point you intended to make in your reply to Futurist.
I wasn’t being serious when I said “Vittorio Emanuele and his branch can do what he likes”, I was being facetious and sarcastic. In response to Futurists post, I highly doubt that in the unlikely event of restoration that the daughters of Umberto would be retroactively added, they would simply keep the Savoy branch.

It is time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
A divorce with Clothilde will follow ... They are separated since more than 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom