The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Italy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

He was never accused of his bother-in-law's murder.

In 1978 on Cavallo, after finding his yacht's dingy attached to another yacht, he tried to board that yacht and shot at a person on that yacht but hit a 19 yr old named Dirk Hamer sleeping on another yacht. He died and VE admitted civil liability. He was investigated for murder, etc. After 13 yrs in the criminal courts he was acquitted of fatal wounding and unintentional homicide, and ended up only with a 6 month suspended sentence for a weapons violation.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

After these italian elections the restoration of Monarchy could be seen as a better solution than this chaotic republic:

U.M.I. - Unione Monarchica Italiana - Home page

Old 02-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Oh sure, the only thing we miss now is a coup d'etat to restore the monarchy...

Really, the people has far more pressing, urgent, important problems to solve; no major party supports the restoration; I wonder how does the President of the UMI think that a restoration could happen...
Old 09-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

A new look of the official site of the Italian Monarchist Union (UMI):

U.M.I. - Home
Old 12-18-2013, 09:05 AM

House of Savoy

HRH prince Victor Emanuel of Naples can no longer be the hereditary successor to the Italian throne for two reasons, the first is he married a commoner without hi fathers permission and there is unequivocal evidence that he was told by the King in writing if he went a head with the wedding he would loose claim to the title of hereditary King to the Italian throne and as head of the House of Savoy and that his cousin HRH Duke Amedeo di Aosta would take is place.
Secondly in 2002 Victor Emanuel renounced his title as King not only for himself but for is son Emanuel and recognized the republic as the rightful government of Italy so he could return to Italy.
If Italy was to be returned to the monarchy by this actions under the constitution of the royal family the congress will not allow him or his son to be crowned king.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victor-Emanuel di Savoia had a quite tragic life anyway.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy

Is there any possibility of Emanuel Filiberto become King of Italy?

Official website of Emanuel Filiberto: http: Ultime notizie
Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

None! He is not even member of the Royal Family leaded by Prince Amedeo.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Administrator

More correctly, Prince Emanuele Filiberto is not a member of that branch of the Royal House of Savoy headed by Duke Amedeo.
He is, however, a direct line member of the Royal House of Savoy which is headed by his father.

Guys, please don't bring partisan arguments into factual discussions. thanks.

For the purposes of The Royal Forums, Prince Emanuel Filiberto of Savoy is the heir of his father Prince Vittorio Emanuele who is the heir of his father, the late Umberto II, King of Italy.

Prince Amedeo, the 5th Duke of Aosta, is the head of the Savoy-Aosta branch of the Royal House. Due to the lack of male heirs in the direct line the Aostas will likely inherit the undisputed Headship of the House of Savoy in the person of the Duke's son Prince Aimone, or grandson Prince Umberto, at some time in the future.

We are all familiar with the arguments raised by the Duke of Aosta as to what he and his supporters believe to be his rightful position so they don't need to be repeated ad infinitum in these threads.

thanks,

Warren
TRF Administrator
Old 02-13-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Oh sure, the only thing we miss now is a coup d'etat to restore the monarchy...

Really, the people has far more pressing, urgent, important problems to solve; no major party supports the restoration; I wonder how does the President of the UMI think that a restoration could happen...
You are waiting for the republic to give you back your monarchy???

Yeah, ok

No, you don't need the republic, you don't even need a majority all you need is a third and that is enough to get your country back.
He that reigneth on high, to whom is given all power in heaven and earth, has committed one holy Catholic and apostolic Church, outside of which there is no salvation... Him alone He has made ruler over all peoples and kingdoms, to pull up, destroy, scatter, disperse, plant and build, so that he may preserve His faithful people (knit together with the girdle of charity) in the unity of the Spirit and present them safe and spotless to their Saviour.

- Regnans in Excelsis 1570
Old 02-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

For the moment Monarchy is not popular in Italy and few Italians know something about Crown Prince Aimone of Savoy.

Sent from my GT-S6312 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regnan in Excelsis View Post
You are waiting for the republic to give you back your monarchy???

Yeah, ok
I've never said that. And btw no, I'm not waiting for that and I don't expect it will happen. Besides, currently there is no legal way for the parliament of the Italian Republic to change the form of government from republican to monarchical.
At the same time I just point out that there isn't enough popular support for the restoration of the monarchy in Italy - provided that there is any support at all. I really don't think that we'll have any popular uprising calling for the monarchy back.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

In this moment very few Italians are in favour of Monarchy.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Aristocracy

Restoration of Monarchy in Italy

Topic to discuss a possible restoration of the monarchy in Italy.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

70th Anniversary of UMI celebrated in Rome :

http://www.monarchia.it/attivitasvol...03_70roma.html

Old 05-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Anniversary Meeting of the Italian Monarchist Union:

ROMA: CELEBRATO IL 70 ANNIVERSARIO DELLA FONDAZIONE DELL'U.M.I.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Personally my vote would be for it! I think that things here woulg go much better...
Old 05-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

The royalists of UMI have more and more youth involved in their activities.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Commoner

If, hypothetically speaking, the monarchy was to be restored, who would get the throne? I read on Wiki that there's a dispute for the throne? I would think that before the Italian people would accept the return of monarchy a clear pretender would need to be named. Anyone know how popular the support is in Italy for the return of the monarchy?
Old 05-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy,Duke of Savoy, is supported by the royalists of UMI!

Tags
amedeo, duke amedeo, duke of aosta, prince vittorio emanuele, savoy, savoy-aosta