Princess Maria-Carolina of Bourbon-Parma (1974- ) and Albert Brenninkmeijer

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is in sixth month already, so not too early.

Thank you!

So they will really be a house of girls, girls, girls.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple! :flowers: Alaia-Maria is a pretty name, I've never of Alaia before. What a lot of girls this family has. I wouldn't be surprised if the boys start to feel outnumbered. It's a bit like Beatrix's grandchildren. Poor Claus-Casimir. ;)

Lovely news! So princess Irene has 6 granddaughters now.
Cecilia is for Albert's mother Mrs. Cecile Brenninkmeijer-Duwaer.

Congratulations to the new parents :flowers: :w00t::clap::bounce:
Welcome to the world little Alaïa-Maria Irene Cécile Brenninkmeijer :baby::rose2:
Now, princess Irene's grandchildren are all GIRLS... oh là là :eek:

I know the designer Azzedine Alaïa but never as a first name. Grandchildren of Princess Irene:

Mr Carlos Hugo Roderick Sybren Klynstra*
HRH Princess Luisa Irene Constance Anna Maria de Bourbon de Parme
HRH Princess Cecilia Maria Johanna Beatrix de Bourbon de Parme
Miss Julia Carolina Catharina ten Cate
Miss Paola Cecilia Laurentien ten Cate
HRH Princess Zita Clara de Bourbon de Parme
Miss Alaïa-Maria Irene Cécile Brenninkmeijer

* = a son of Prince Carlos with Ms Brigitte Klynstra, stepdaughter of the Count van Rechteren-Limpurg. At the time of the birth (1997) a communiqué was issued in which the Prince stated that he respected "the independent decision of Ms Klynstra to become a mother" but there would not be any juridical family relation between the father and the son. On the certificate of birth, the father was left blanco. Young Carlos Klynstra however kept a relationship with his royal family. So there is a boy amongst Princess Irene's grandchildren.

:previous:

I believe that thé count of Rechteren-Limpurg is count Adolph, Lord of Almelo and Vriezenveen. Ms Klynstra's stepfather is count (Adolph) Roderick, Lord of Enghuizen.

--
The anscestors of Alaia Brenninkmeijer:
The Heirs of Europe: BRENNINKMEIJER

No information on whether there will be Princess Caroline magnificently celebrate her 40th birthday (like a Queen Maxima or King Willem-Alexander)
And who knows when will be published the first pictures of her baby daughter?

I would be surprised if they would publish a picture of their daughter. The Brenninkmeijer family doesn't like publicity and apparently the court had some difficulties in getting wedding pictures released of the family.
About the 40th birthday: that will probably be private, as was the case for her siblings and cousins (save WA and Maxima).

Alaïa-Maria Irene Cécile Brenninkmeijer was christened today, October 4, in a double christening with her cousin Zita Clara in Noordwijk aan Zee. It was a private ceremony with the family also including King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, only one pic of the girls and their parents was released.

The godparents of Alaïa-Maria are Princess Margarita, Prince Constantijn, Philippe Brenninkmeijer and Silvia Brenninkmeijer-Arboli.

Zita's godparents are King Willem Alexander, Princess Margarita, Princess Maria-Teresa, Dorothea ter Riet-Bartos and Jacco Eltingh.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Princess Carolina has given birth to a son on the 16th of december in Zürich, Switzerland. His name is Xavier Albert Alphons.

Source: Dutch media

Nobody actually knew she was pregnant. Xavier is the first grandson of princess Irene, after six granddaughters (Luisa and Cecilia, Alaïa-Maria, Zita, Julia and Paola), she finallly welcomes a boy into her family. Princess Annemarie and princess Viktoria are expecting so the family will grow soon.

What a surprise! Congratulations to the happy parents!
It's amazing that they were able to keep the pregnancy so private. Do they live in Switzerland now, so that the little boy was born there?

Princess Carolina has given birth to a son on the 16th of december in Zürich, Switzerland. His name is Xavier Albert Alphons.

Source: Dutch media

Nobody actually knew she was pregnant. Xavier is the first grandson of princess Irene, after six granddaughters (Luisa and Cecilia, Alaïa-Maria, Zita, Julia and Paola), she finallly welcomes a boy into her family. Princess Annemarie and princess Viktoria are expecting so the family will grow soon.

Xavier is not the first grandson of Princess Irene. You forget Carlos Hugo Roderick Sybren Klynstra (soon 20 years old), born from the current Duke of Parma and Ms Brigitte Klynstra, stepdaughter of the Count van Rechteren-Limpurg.

In 1999 the Court of Justice established the fathership of Hugo but no Act of Surname was registered. Until three years after becoming adult, Hugo Klynstra has the possibility to register his natural father's surname and so become HRH Prince Carlos Hugo Roderick Sybren de Bourbon de Parme. For so far Hugo has not taken these steps. He still has the opportunity until 20 January 2018.

Picture of Brigitte and Hugo Klynstra (6 years ago).

Xavier is not the first grandson of Princess Irene. You forget Carlos Hugo Roderick Sybren Klynstra (soon 20 years old), born from the current Duke of Parma and Ms Brigitte Klynstra, stepdaughter of the Count van Rechteren-Limpurg.

In 1999 the Court of Justice established the fathership of Hugo but no Act of Surname was registered. Until three years after becoming adult, Hugo Klynstra has the possibility to register his natural father's surname and so become HRH Prince Carlos Hugo Roderick Sybren de Bourbon de Parme. For so far Hugo has not taken these steps. He still has the opportunity until 20 January 2018.

True! Very true. It always amazes me how he is glossed over and I have always wondered why Carlos, Duke of Parma has never acknowledged his son. Or, if he has, it has completely escaped me.
Assuming he has never acknowledged him - it has always come across to me as if he doesn't want to know that he also has a son. And Brigitte Klynstra, single mother or not, she did not make herself pregnant. Acknowledge your child and that's that.
The only exception would be if Brigitte Klynstra does or did not want that when their son was still underage. But perhaps the guy himself doesn't feel the need to, either.

Congratulations to HRH Princess Carolina, Marchioness of Sala & Mr.Albert Brenninkmeijer ,what a lovely early Christmas gift!

Yes, thank you, of course you are right. Let me correct myself: Xavier is the first acknowledged grandson of Princess Irene. I doubt Irene herself sees Carlos Klystra as her grandson, I don't know if they are in good contact.

Carolina lives in Switzerland at the moment with her family. She's been living there for a few years now. Alaïa-Maria was born in Zürich as well. A few months after Alaïa-Maria was born, they released some pictures. Hopefully they will do that this time as well.

Congratulations to the couple! What a nice surprise. :flowers: I adore the name Xavier and it sounds so nice with Alaïa-Maria.

I'm looking forward into seeing photos of Princess Irene's first (acknowledged) grandson.

True! Very true. It always amazes me how he is glossed over and I have always wondered why Carlos, Duke of Parma has never acknowledged his son. Or, if he has, it has completely escaped me.
Assuming he has never acknowledged him - it has always come across to me as if he doesn't want to know that he also has a son. And Brigitte Klynstra, single mother or not, she did not make herself pregnant. Acknowledge your child and that's that.
The only exception would be if Brigitte Klynstra does or did not want that when their son was still underage. But perhaps the guy himself doesn't feel the need to, either.

It was formulated back then as "It was an own, independent decision by Ms Klynstra to become a mother. This decision is fully respected by Prince Carlos. However there would be no legal recognition." And indeed: however the paternity has been established, no Act of Surname has been made, which means that the son automatically received his mother's surname.

The wording "an own, idependent decision by Ms Klynstra" is intriguing. Anyway, the boy has been spotted on wintersport with the royal family in Lech am Arlberg (Austria), so he is not excluded from the family, despite the formal non-recognition. As said, the boy still has some two years left to file a request to change his surname into "HRH Prince Carlos Hugo Roderick Sybren de Bourbon de Parme".

I wonder if the 2 Pregnant Princesses of Bourbon Parme are expecting girls, that Maria Carolina gave the name of Xavier.
He would be Heer Xavier Brenninkmeijer! and not Bourbon Parma.

I wonder if the 2 Pregnant Princesses of Bourbon Parme are expecting girls, that Maria Carolina gave the name of Xavier.

I think that "Carlos¨ is more the first-name that Carlos or Jaime would use for their heirs.

Besides Hugo Carlos did not first-named his sons "Xavier"either

I think that names as Hugues/Hugo or Carlos will make a better chance as first names for boys

So using the name Xavier by Carolina and Albert does not say anything about the gender of the future cousins

I would be very pleased to see a picture of Princess Irene and all of her grandchildren.

Well you have to wait at least till next summer.
The last two grandchildren expected will then be born

Last edited:

Yes, Mr Xavier Brenninkmeijer, born into the wealthiest family of the Netherlands. Lucky boy...

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom