Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma, Tjalling ten Cate & Family (1972- )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely pictures.

Very nice pictures of the princess and her family indeed. Since the caption says that the picture was made in their home in Wassenaar I suppose that they are renting a house there until the house on the Horsten estate has been restored.

Paola ten Cate's full name is Paola Cecilia Laurentien. The Cecilia is for her great aunt, Princess Cecile of Bourbon-Parma, who also attended the christening.

Princess Margarita has designed a carpet for Care & Fair, an initiative against illegal child labour in
the carpet production.
During the presentation of the carpets at the Conservatorium Hotel in Amsterdam on March 9, the
building had to be evacuated due to escaping chlorine, but all turned out well (see the article link).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** isopix gallery **

** tapijten.nl: Prinses Margarita de Bourbon de Parme ** translation **

** at5.nl: (filmpje) Hotel ontruimd tijdens pers presentatie Prinses Margarita ** translation **

PRINSES MARGARITA ONWERPT KLEED VOOR CARE & FAIR - YouTube

The Volkskrant published an article with the headline 'Margarita denies her own words' based on a article by the postonline with the more outspoken headline 'Margarita tamed by the house of Orange for good':

'Margarita ontkent eigen woorden in bandopname met Beatrix' - Binnenland - VK
Margarita voorgoed getemd door de Oranjes | ThePostOnline

The princess appeared in court in Amsterdam in October 2012, as a witness in a courtcase against her ex husband Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn. During the hearing she denied some statements made in a taped conversation with Queen Beatrix in 2002. A tape of which the content was later made public by a tv programme in 2006.

In the conversation with Q. Beatrix the princess says that she and Edwin are being bugged. The queen denies this, wonders why on earth they would be bugged and adds frankly that the two of them are not interesting enough to be bugged. Margarita also is supposed to have said that her brother Carlos is a psychopath who used to beat her & her siblings up.

The princess now claims to have an excellent relationship with her sister and brothers. 'Also with Carlos, he never beated me up'. She adds that she could remember very little from the conversation with her aunt. 'There was a lot of noise around us and I was very angry in those days'. And: 'I have never said what you just quoted about Carlos'.

I wonder who leaked this report, I suppose the obvious one to pont fingers at is Edwin and his group of republican supporters. But maybe an employee of the court leaked it.

---
Edwin seems to continue his quest for justice and blames the dutch state and RF for ruining his carreer. Though it has become quite clear that his business dealings were in trouble even before he even met Margarita.

Last edited:
Princess Margarita gave an interview to NRC Handelsblad, the best newspaper of the country (at least until a few years ago, when they were taken over by a Belgian publishing house).

Some info:
- She says that the relationship with her family has normalized completely. The trust was hurt, she needed time to win it back. That they gave her a 2nd chance, the princess found 'grand' and 'moving'.
-The princess says that she became a different person. She has more energy and confidence than ever before.
-Her aunt Beatrix, almost 76, still rides horses like the best of them., Who wants to keep up with her needs to be fit. Princess Irene, 74, also still rides horses.

Princess Margarita gave an interview to NRC Handelsblad, the best newspaper of the country (at least until a few years ago, when they were taken over by a Belgian publishing house).

Some info:
- She says that the relationship with her family has normalized completely. The trust was hurt, she needed time to win it back. That they gave her a 2nd chance, the princess found 'grand' and 'moving'.
-The princess says that she became a different person. She has more energy and confidence than ever before.
-Her aunt Beatrix, almost 76, still rides horses like the best of them., Who wants to keep up with her needs to be fit. Princess Irene, 74, also still rides horses.

I take it that the Princess is back in Aunty Beatrix's good books following all that went on a decade or so ago!

I'm sure Margarita has recited a few royal Mea culpa since then.

She did, she has attended most royal events over the years and Queen Beatrix and the rest of the family was present at her 2nd wedding to Tjalling ten Cate. Still, her behavior was so outragious that I think that they accepted her back quite soon again, fortunately.

Her ex husband in the mean time is still fighting his windmills.

---
An interview: http://www.rtlxl.nl/#!/rtl-boulevard-9652/485179da-a47e-8ac5-ce45-d682272bc797

Last edited:
I believe that the princesses are neighbours so they could carpool to Amsterdam. Addy van den K. designed the bridesdress of Pss Carolina btw, and also some outfits for Pss Irene and Pss Margarita.

Princess Margarita posed for some portraits to present the jewellery collection she has designed in collaboration with the Antwerp jeweller Michael Roell of Roell Jewellery. The collection will be on sale from June 17th on.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery 2 **

Last edited:
Nice portraits of the princess!
-

Jhr. Michael Röell is a grandson of Jhr. Eric Roell and Baroness Jacoba Bentinck. Jhr. Eric was a chamberlain and treasurer of Queen Juliana. Eric's older brother Willem was a secretary of prince Bernhard, Willem's daughter Renee is a good friend of Q. Beatrix and a godmother of King Willem-Alexander. Another sibling of Eric, Jhr. Joan Röell married Jkvr. Sophie Feith, nanny of Beatrix and Irene. Eric's sister Jkvr. Catharina was secretary and later honorary lady-in-waiting of Q. Juliana.

Their parents were Jhr. Wilem sr. and Baroness Catharina Sloet van Oldruitenborgh. Jhr. WIllem was a chamberlain of Q. Wilhelmina while his wife was one of Wilhelmina's ladies-in-waiting.

--
The jewels will be sold at Steltman in The Hague and they cost between 4000 - 20000 euros.

Princess Margarita, Tjalling ten Cate, Julia and Paola attended the Field Hockey World Cup men's match between Australia and the Netherlands in Den Haag on June 15.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I like the idea of using conflict-free diamonds and sustainable gold. Like I drink fair-trade coffee and buy bio-cotton shirts. The designs by Princess Margarita are nice too but a bit underwhelming. I expected a range of various designs and sizes. Hopefully the Princess will come with more substantial ideas. She stated it would be "a honour" when Queen Máxima would wear her designs. Hmmm... think big girl, then you have a chance la Máxima will notice it.

When the King can spend 800.000 Euro on a little speedboat, he can buy a nice parure made of sustainable gold with conflict-free diamonds for his lovely wife, designed by his highborn cousine...

:whistling:

Last edited:
Well, for me personally it's a big too literal, not much imagination; but i understand P.Laurentien has already worn some of it, so who knows Q.Maxima is next :lol:

Margarita's ex-husband is being interviewed in the programme 'Pauw'. He seems to be working on his rehabilitation and appears more sane than in previous interviews. In short his sollicitor wants to prove that Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn has been broken on purpose by the state, on many levels. He also complains that the press has no interest in the matter anymore, and neither do the politicians.

And the saga continues. Edwin de Roy vZ says that Margarita gave an interview to magazine 'Privé', princess Margarita denies this, she spoke to a writer of the magazine, but did not give an interview and did not want the conversation to be published. During the talk she claims that she was naive in the past. About Edwins threat to publish a book about the RF (for a decade or so) she said that he should either publish one or shut up about it. She also added that she hoped he would focus his energies on more positive things, like she did.

The part that Edwin takes offence with is that the princess claimed that Edwin ended up in a debt programme of the state, to clear his debts. He says he never paid debts and wants to see proof from his ex-wife.

The lawyer of Margarita says that the princess is not obliged to provide any information.

Ruzie prinses Margarita en De Roy van Zuydewijn over interview Privé - nrc.nl

Princess Margarita attended the opening of the exhibition "Chairs Possessed" by Frans Leidelmeijer at the Gorcums Museum in Gorinchem today, November 22.

** ppe gallery **

Princess Margarita (wearing earrings of her own collection) attended the Red Carpet Dinner show by fashion designer Addy van den Krommenacker in Amsterdam yesterday, November 24:

** ppe gallery **

Princess Margarita lit up the christmas tree in Hotel des Indes in The Hague:

Instagram

Back
Top Bottom