Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma, Tjalling ten Cate & Family (1972- )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Watcher

Courtier
Country
Netherlands
Welcome to the thread about Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma, Tjalling ten Cate and their daughter Julia.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has been renamed and is now called 'Princess Margarita and Tjalling ten Cate, News and Events'.

The former News and Events thread of Princess Margarita included her ex-husband Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn. The threads can be seen here:

Margarita & Edwin, Part 1

Margarita & Edwin, Part 2

Comments about the engagement of Princess Margarita and Tjalling ten Cate can be posted here.

I was wondering, when will the couple get married again? And when is Margarita due? On the Benelux Royals MB Joris says it will be a small scale wedding somewhere in the heart of the country (where ever that is).

I was wondering, when will the couple get married again? And when is Margarita due? On the Benelux Royals MB Joris says it will be a small scale wedding somewhere in the heart of the country (where ever that is).

Thought she is due by the end of july/beginning of august,they will get married next month.:)

Has the engagement and the baby news brought a little smile on the face of Queen Beatrix and the Royal Family and the relation between them improved?

Has the engagement and the baby news brought a little smile on the face of Queen Beatrix and the Royal Family and the relation between them improved?

I would think so yes.But relations already were improving before the baby and engagement/wedding news.Think Alexander's 40th birthday last year,and earlyer.No,that is definetely going up.

According to RTL's Marc van der Linden, the Princess will marry this weekend somewhere in the east of the country.

According to RTL's Marc van der Linden, the Princess will marry this weekend somewhere in the east of the country.

That's great! It will probably be a private wedding right? Any chance we might get to see at least one picture?

I have no idea actually. The boulevard press know, but I am not sure if they think this falls under the mediacode or not.

I guess it depends on who attends whether or not it falls under the media code. Do you think that WA and M will attend?

I guess it depends on who attends whether or not it falls under the media code. Do you think that WA and M will attend?

Did they attend her last wedding? I would think that Margarita's whole family would attend, wouldn't they? I mean, she is family! I don't know of course if they have an official engagement that day, which would make it logical not to come, but they have attended the weddings of the other cousins of Willem-Alexander, right? So why not this one!

I think this time much more members of the RF will attend than last time. When Margarita married Edwin there were already some difficulties. Beatrix disliked him so much that she ordered him out of the grouppicture when Laurentien and Constantijn married for example.

At Margarita's first wedding only Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien were present (apart from princess Irene and Margarita's siblings). Even her own father didn't attend.

Netwerk just had a,fairly good,special on Princess Margarita,did you see that too?

Could well be possible the wedding is this weekend,just a civil ceremony tho,the previous religious wedding isn't annulled yet.
:)

I haven't seen Netwerk actually, I will see if I can get it on Uitzendinggemist.nl.

I will have a look at it later, you can see the programme here.

<Edit> good grief, they (M&E) had their first drink together in my next dor café, 'De Prins'!! Still shocking to see some old footage, esp. the 'hate' she accused Beatrix of (hate for Juliana).

About Tjalling: a quiet man, good sense of humour, the opposite of Edwin (thank god).

---

Weekend magazine of this week claims that Margarita wants to get her 1st marriage annulled, though from what I read it seemed more a spin on the mind of the magazine than that they found any evidence for this.

Last edited:
Thought Netwerk rather good on Margarita.Better then that docu on Beatrix,"The Beatrix Doctrine"oh for crying out loud,
there is no such thing.

Apparently,Margarita and Tjalling are to get married this weekend somewhere in the east,as in the east of the country.

Oh heck!!I turned a Royal Highness overnight!?You meet a royal on Queensday,and voila,you wake up one yourself.

Oh and Royalblog has the dates for dear Margarita and her Tjalling,the wedding will be on May 2nd and 3rd,this friday and saturday.

http://www.royalblog.nl/

scroll down till under all the Quensday fun,thank you.

It was just announced that Mr.Tjalling ten Cate and Mrs.Margarita M.B. ten Cate,néé de Bourbon-Parma,
Countess of Colorno were married this afternoon somewhere in "the middle " of the country in a civil ceremony.
Best wishes!
:flowers:

Last edited:
Really? That's great news!!! Congratulations to the couple :flowers::flowers:
Somewhere in the middle of the country? That's a bit fague isn't it?

Does woman in the Netherlands immediately becoming
like Margarita Mrs ten Cate or
they can keep their maiden surname (de BP) or
they can take husband's surname to their own (deBP - ten Cate)? :ermm:

Does woman in the Netherlands immediately becoming like Margarita Mrs ten Cate or they can keep their maiden surname (de BP) orthey can take husband's surname to their own (deBP - ten Cate)? :ermm:
Yes,unless they point out in advance they'd like to keep their maiden name first. :)

I suppose they married in Wijk Bij Duurstede, as it is the middle of the country and Princess Irene is living there? A pity that they didn' t release a picture.

I suppose they married in Wijk Bij Duurstede, as it is the middle of the country and Princess Irene is living there? A pity that they didn' t release a picture.

Oh but they will release a picture,or some pictures,just not as fast as we would like...;)

Suppose Wijk bij Duurstede too yes,Princess Irene has her residence there.
So glad all is well again in the family,what was it again?To err is only human,to forgive is divine?It is.

The couple has also requested the press to respect their privacy as much as possible as both
Tjalling and Margarita wish/would love,to go on with their lives out of the spotlights.

For more info in english,follow this link,scroll down a little and click "News summary"at your left hand,thank you and enjoy!
http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy HJA.

Last edited:
As Her_Majesty said, discussion of weddings belongs in the Royal Weddings forum where possible. Now we've had some posts here to establish that the wedding is part of their ongoing lives, further discussion of the wedding should take place in the thread Her_Majesty linked to.

Elspeth

Royal Weddings moderator

As Her_Majesty said, discussion of weddings belongs in the Royal Weddings forum where possible. Now we've had some posts here to establish that the wedding is part of their ongoing lives, further discussion of the wedding should take place in the thread Her_Majesty linked to.

Elspeth

Royal Weddings moderator

With all due respect dear Elspeth,you're a good shopkeeper,for the Royal Weddings thread that is.I'm sure you conferred with our own dutch mod before anyone decided were to discuss what.Not that there will be all that much more to say on this wedding,the couple has made it very clear they wish to live etc. as private persons.I do hope however that there isn't a Royal Births thread either so we have to go there to see their firstborn this august.If they ever might make a picture availeble that is.

Last edited:
With all due respect dear Elspeth,you're a good shopkeeper,for the Royal Weddings thread that is.

Yes, I am, ain't I? I hope you're duly impressed...:D

I'm sure you conferred with our own dutch mod before anyone decided were to discuss what.

Don't worry, dear Lucien; I know better than to try and walk out of the Dutch forum with a pocketful of posts without talking to the resident moderators first. You need a passport and visa to get past some of the border controls at TRF, let me tell you.;) :dutchflag: :britflag::D

Not that there will be all that much more to say on this wedding,the couple has made it very clear they wish to live etc. as private persons.I do hope however that there isn't a Royal Births thread either so we have to go there to see their firstborn this august.If they ever might make a picture availeble that is.

A Royal Births forum? Perish the thought...:eek:

Last edited:
Reni van Maren has pictures of Princess Margarita, Tjalling ten Cate and their baby in a maxi-cosi arriving home. Look here.

Courtesy: ATR

Pictures released to the press after Julia's birth can be found here.

Last edited:
Reni van Maren has pictures of Princess Margarita, Tjalling ten Cate and their baby in a maxi-cosi arriving home. Look here.

Courtesy: ATR

Pictures released to the press after Julia's birth can be found here.

By the way, is the maxi-cosi the infant car seat aka "baby bucket?"

Uhm, I am not too familiar with baby and baby things but with the maxi-cosi I meant the bucket that Tjalling was carrying, probably with the baby in it. I think you can also use these things in a car (not sure though). Maxi-cosi is the brand that is most commonly used over here I think.

Back
Top Bottom