Prince Jaime (1972-) and Princess Viktória (1982-) of Bourbon-Parma

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A wonderful name for the little Princess. Another Princess Zita of Bourbon-Parme was Empress.

Sent from my GT-S6312 using The Royals Community mobile app

congratulations to the Jaime and Viktória :clap:
I love baby's name!
welcome to the world new princess Zita Clara :dutchflag::bourbonparma::princess2::baby::rose2::star::heart2:
:fireworks:

Congratulations to the Prince & Princess,what a lovely name for their daughter.

Congratulations to Jaime and Viktoria! :flowers: I was just about to ask when the baby was due. Zita and Clara are lovely names, I'm particularly fond of Zita. The little Princess will have lots of playmates in the near future, now that Princess Maria Carolina's baby is on the way.

Oops, the little girl is already 2 days old and I didn't hear about it. The German yellow press talks a lot about the newborn daughter of swedish princess Madeleine, but no word about this. They wrote about the wedding of Viktoria and Jaime, about all the pregnancies in the BP-family, so I expected to get informed about the birth.

I have always loved the name Zita. But the little newborn girl is the first living person I ever heard about to wear it. The BP-princes prove a good taste in the naming of daughters!

Congratulations to the proud parents!

Nice that the prince honours his great aunt, the Empress Zita. Perhaps the empress' beatification will happen, while Prince Jaime is still an ambassador at the Vatican.

The article says that the name Clara was chosen for Princess Viktoria's grandmother: Klara Kimmerman .

Empress Zita was also the last Queen of Hungary, so it is the perfect choice also because of Victoria's hungarian origins! :flowers:
Zita of Bourbon-Parma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have always loved the name Zita. But the little newborn girl is the first living person I ever heard about to wear it.
Currently there is another child named Zita, who was born in 2008 and is the eldest great-great-granddaugter of Empress Zita; more precisely she is the eldest daughter of Archduke Carl Christian (son of AD Rudolf, himself the eldest son of the late AD Carl Ludwig) and of his wife, née Estelle de Saint-Romain.

PPE Agency post today the first official photos of princess Zita.

PPE Agency

Seems a beautiful baby and she looks a lot like her father :)

Awww so adorable. thanks for posting!

It seems that they are living quite close to the Zuiderkerk (Southern Church), as the church is visible from their window. That area of the center is somewhat more quiet than the Western part.

Nice of them to release some pictures btw.

Last edited:
Zita is a very sweet baby and it's nice that we got photos shortly after the birth. I wonder if the "major" Dutch Royals have met her yet.

Saturday Prince Jaime will attend the annual Dachau remembrance in Amsterdam. The prince will pay tribute to his grandfather Prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma. During the war prince Xavier was captured by the Nazi's as a political prisoner. He was first taken to Natzweiler concentration camp and later to Dachau concentration camp.

During the remembrance ceremony Dutch Dachau survivers and descendants/ relatives of the victims remember the 206.000 prisoners of Dachau.

Prins Jaime herdenkt opa bij Dachauherdenking | Feed | Telegraaf.nl

Last edited:
I like it that Prince Jaime keeps the memory to his grandfather alive. I wonder why his siblings Prince Carlos, Princess Margarita and Princess María Carolina do not attend the Dachau Remembrance?

Last edited by a moderator:
A clip from the NOS:
Jaime voelt trots voor verzetsleden - NOS Nieuws

The prince held a speech. Although he was only 4 y/o when prince Xavier died, he heard stories about his time in the camps from his father Carlos Hugo. The stories were about a man who survived hell. He emphasizes that his grandfather didn't look at himself as a victim. He chose for a battle and these were the consequenses. Apparently the prince did not want a preferential treatment in the camp.

Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme is, together with Prince Constantijn, the most royal of all Queen Juliana's grandchildren, in appearance that means: selfconfident, serene and serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
The prince will start on Wednesday as ambassador to the Holy See. He will rent out his appartment in Amsterdam. The website bekendeburen took the pictures from funda:

Prins Jaime de Bourbon de Parme zet zijn appartement te huur! Zie foto's - Bekende Buren

Not a very large apartment, though it does have a garage which is a luxury few have in Amsterdam. It seems that they didn't waste time in looking for nice decoration, it does have a lovely view though. You can rent the apartment for 2550 euros per month. I suspect that the value of the property must be between 550.000 and 650.000 euros.

Appartement te huur: Krom Boomssloot 51 D 1011 GS Amsterdam [funda]

Prins Jaime verhuurt appartement in Amsterdam | Prive | Telegraaf.nl

Courtesy: ATR

Last edited:

Princess Zita Clara was christened today, October 4, in a double christening with her cousin Alaïa-Maria Irene Cécile in Noordwijk aan Zee. It was a private ceremony with the family also including King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.

Zita's godparents are King Willem Alexander, Princess Margarita, Princess Maria-Teresa, Dorothea ter Riet-Bartos and Jacco Eltingh.

The godparents of Alaïa-Maria are Princess Margarita, Prince Constantijn, Philippe Brenninkmeijer and Silvia Brenninkmeijer-Arboli.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Dorothea ter Riet-Bartos is the mother of Viktoria. Jacco Eltingh used to be a professinal tennis player.

Thanks for posting, iceflower. :flowers: Princess Zita-Clara is adorable, as is her cousin Alaïa-Maria. I found it interesting how she had a double christening with her cousin. I don't think that's been done before in the royal world, expecting the christenings of twins such as Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark. Double christenings sound quite cute - two babies were christened at the same or similar time at my church this week, but I'm not sure if it was a double christening or not.

It's a pity that there aren't any more photos of the christening, but I understand and respect the fact that it was a private one, given the fact that they're more 'minor' members of the DRF and are entitled to have private events.

Thanks for posting, iceflower. :flowers: Princess Zita-Clara is adorable, as is her cousin Alaïa-Maria. I found it interesting how she had a double christening with her cousin. I don't think that's been done before in the royal world, expecting the christenings of twins such as Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark. Double christenings sound quite cute - two babies were christened at the same or similar time at my church this week, but I'm not sure if it was a double christening or not.

It's a pity that there aren't any more photos of the christening, but I understand and respect the fact that it was a private one, given the fact that they're more 'minor' members of the DRF and are entitled to have private events.

It has happened regularly at various Courts. The third son of Princess Beatrix (Prince Constantijn) and the second son of Princess Margriet (Prince Bernhard Jr) were also baptized together: http://fast.mediamatic.nl/f/tqgr/image/840/83789-800-526.jpg

The baptism took place at the RC Church of Sint Jeroen en Maria ter Zee in Noordwijk .Was Princess Beatrix present?

There is no information about that:

Last Saturday in the afternoon have been christened during a private ceremony:
- Princess Zita Clara de Bourbon de Parme, daughter of Prince Jaime and Princess Viktória de Bourbon de Parme née Cservenyák;
- Alaïa-Maria Irene Cécile Brenninkmeijer, daughter of Mr Albert Brenninkmeijer and of Princess Maria Carolina de Bourbon de Parme.

The christenings took place in the St Mary-at-Sea Church in Noordwijk aan Zee (Norwich-at-Sea). The celebrant was Father Gregory Brenninkmeijer SJ, assisted by Father Theo Blokland, the parish priest.

The godparents were:

Princess Zita Clara:
- His Majesty The King
- Her Royal Highness Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme
- Her Royal Highness Princess Maria-Teresa de Bourbon de Parme
- Mrs Dorothea ter Riet-Bartos
- Mr Jacco Eltingh

Alaïa-Maria:
- His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
- Her Royal Highness Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme
- Mr Philippe Brenninkmeijer
- Mrs Silvia Brenninkmeijer-Arboli

The choice for the church is a bit surprising. The parish has two churches: the monumental St Jeroen (St George) and the modern St Maria-ter-Zee (St Mary-at-Sea). Interesting that the De Bourbon de Parmes have chosen for the modern building.

St Jeroen in Noordwijk aan Zee: http://www.willemdenboer.nl/uploads/2/8/1/0/28100101/1903232_orig.jpg

St Mary-at-Sea in Noordwijk aan Zee:
http://www.onderwater-partners.nl/wp-content/gallery/3864/jjg_0131.jpg

I like that the siblings opted to baptize their daughters at a joint ceremony. IMO both churches are beautiful in their own way though I'd personally opt for the older one.

Back
Top Bottom