Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde & Family current events 3: Jan 06-Oct 06

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyonnaise

Serene Highness
Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde & Family current events 3: Jan 06-Oct 06

Welcome to the third thread dedicated to Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde, and their growing family.

The previous thread can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f81/prince-emanuele-filiberto-princess-clotilde-news-pictures-thread-part-2-a-3483.html

Please be aware of our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines, particularly those about respect and not attacking other members. As well as our Copyright Rule and our Attachment Rule.

To start Part III on a happy note I will repeat what is at the end of Part II: Italian TV has announced that Princess Clotilde is pregnant; baby due in August.
(pending confirmation)

Thanks for keeping us informed, Warren!

August! Great! It would be a very great symbol if the baby comes into the world on august 4th, which would have been the 100th anniversary of Queen Marie-José, the last queen of Italy.

Last edited:
Last summer - I think it was in September, but I'm not sure - Italian magazine "CHI" published the photos of EF and Clotilde paying a visit to a shrine dedicated to the Virgin Mary, where EF's great great grandmother went also to pray the Virgin Mary to grant her a male heir. In fact some time later she gave birth to Vittorio Emanuele III, EF's great grandfather.
Perhaps they went there for the same reason, who knows?
Anyway I wish all the best to the happy couple!

I knew she would be pregnant this year. I am so happy for them and congragulate them on the happy news. I do hope they will have a son.

some more from goff

little Vittoria looks so cute with that red coat... too bad we cannot see her face..

Prince Manuel Filiberto de Saboya, heir of the Italian Real House, and their wife, the French actress Clotilde Courau, announced that they wait for his second son, informed east Tuesday the Italian weekly magazine People.

"It is truth! I am going to return to be father ", papa declared the future with pride. "the pregnancy we were confirmed during the celebrations navideñas, nevertheless had liked to hope until the third month to announce the happy news", assured the Prince.
The parents still do not know the sex of the creature who will be born in the month of August. Its hermanita, Victory, celebrated its second birthday 28 of December the past.

http://www.elporvenir.com.mx/notas.asp?nota_id=47845

photofan said:
why are they covering her little face? :confused:

probably to protect the little child, as they're not adult / grown-up yet.
i've seen this on some cases of other royals or celebrities' child.
her mommy was probably 'enough' to be seen by the public.
although it's a shame we cannot see vittoria's cute cute face.

Filiberto of Savoy and Clotilde Courau wait for their second child
(from hola)

Prince Filiberto of Savoy, and his wife, Clotilde Courau, wait for a child for the next month of August. The pair, that still does not know the sex of the baby, already has a girl, Vittoria, that turned two years at the end of the month of December.

photofan said:
why are they covering her little face? :confused:
It's the Princess Caroline effect. Caroline successfully sued various magazines for publishing "private" pictures of her children. She sued Point de Vue, for example, two or three times, and won. The magazines and picture agencies are now more careful in protecting childrens' privacy.

Warren said:
It's the Princess Caroline effect. Caroline successfully sued various magazines for publishing "private" pictures of her children. She sued Point de Vue, for example, two or three times, and won. The magazines and picture agencies are now more careful in protecting childrens' privacy.
In the last edition of Point de Vue (n°3000), on the last page (where there's always a paper with a celebrity), there's a paper on EF, with a recent pic of Vittoria.

Last edited:
I heard on today's tv news that Emanuele Filiberto is thinking of running as a candidate for the Chambers of Deputies at the next general elections in April, but that he hasn't yet decided what party to run for.

God I hope not. Royals should stay away from Politics and he doesnt seem like the guy who would be a good politician.

Princejohnny25 said:
God I hope not. Royals should stay away from Politics and he doesnt seem like the guy who would be a good politician.

Perhaps he wants to follow his cousin Simeone of Bulgaria's steps, who's become a Prime Minister

Yes that is what I was thinking of when I read this and we all know how Simeon ended up. He failed and learned that he is much better off not having any political power. It is to risky for him to become involved in politics.

He's also going to move to his new home in Umbria (Central Italy)

Where does he live now? Is he moving cause he needs more space for his growing family?

He currently lives in Geneva, Switzerland where he works for a bank.
In a interview he gave not so long ago, he expressed the wish of moving to Italy, because he said he's always felt Italian, but he couldn't decide whether to move to Sicily or Tuscany. At last he's choosen Umbria because his wife Clotilde is attending the University for foreign students in Perugia.
Besides Umbria is renowned not only for the beauty of its landcape, but also for its art cities, great cuisine, mild climate and good quality of life. Almost no crime over there.

Manuel Filiberto de Saboya wants to make policy in Italy prince Manuel Filiberto de Saboya, son of the heir of the Italian throne, Víctor Manuel de Saboya, wants to make policy in Italy, where it says that it would count on the 9 percent of the votes, inquired today.

The prince, in declarations to the Genevan newspaper ' Matin Dimanché, indicates to Him that he ordered a sounding in the neighboring country, according to which would count on the 9 percent of support of the Italian voters.
' In Italy, the young people stop me by the street and they request to me that she does something by ellos', indicated Manuel Filiberto de Saboya, that already has created a cultural association ' Value and future, in Venice, that it has by slogan ' We think united by Italy

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/manuel_filiberto_saboya_italia_695911.htm

Polfoto 22-01-2006 Victor Emmanuel, the son of Italy's last king, right, with his wife Marina Doria, center, and his son Emmanuel Filiberto, left, prepare for a mass for the 128th anniversary of the Honor Guard of the Royal Tombs foundation, in Rome's Pantheon, Sunday Jan. 22, 2006.

Attachments

• AP561906_guest.jpg
    AP561906_guest.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 520
I just read somewhere that Gunther Sachs, Brigitte Bardot's former husband, wrote in his book that he had an affair with Princess Marina, before she married Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Savoy. He wrote that they had met in a disco at the time she was the water-ski worldchampion and suddenly fell for her statuesque body.

more from newscom

Anniversary of the national Institute for the Honor Guard - Princes Emanuele Filiberto, Marina, Vittorio Emanuele of Savoia

Princess Clotilde modelling (Lmafashion via DIVAeDONNA/own collection).
forums0016hw.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3869/forums0016hw.jpg

Warren said:
Is she channelling Marlene Dietrich? :)

The caption reads she's advertising Boucheron jewellery

Warren said:
Is she channelling Marlene Dietrich? :)

Sorry, Warren, I didn't get the meaning!:eek: :D Perhaps she is.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom