Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta engaged to Princess Olga of Greece, May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be the royal world's longest running engagement. Wasn't there a similar case back a few years ago between a Wurtemberg duchess and someone else? Then there was an engagement between a Murat princess and an Orleans prince, which also died a quiet death. Why announce it and then let it linger so long if you're having second thoughts for any reason? Makes no sense to me, and I can't figure out an explanation for this one. Could it have something to do with the Aosta's dynastic claims? Could they have discovered that Pss. Olga may not be able to bear children?

It where Prince Jean of France, Duke of Vedôme and Duchess Tatiana of Oldenbrug. and also Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Elvire Paste.

It where Prince Jean of France, Duke of Vedôme and Duchess Tatiana of Oldenbrug. and also Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Elvire Paste.

Yes, I don't know where I got "Wurtemberg" instead of "Oldenburg":ohmy: I think this one never happened because the Orleans family wanted her to convert to Catholicism and eventually she was not willing.

I do wonder if Olga does marry Aimone, and if they have sons, what their succession rights will be? Is Olga considered a dynast inside the Greek royal house? So possibly any children might have succession claims in both Italian and Greek royal lines?

I do wonder if Olga does marry Aimone, and if they have sons, what their succession rights will be? Is Olga considered a dynast inside the Greek royal house? So possibly any children might have succession claims in both Italian and Greek royal lines?
Neither Olga nor her sister have succession rights in Greece as the marriage of their parents was non-dynastic.

If the posting is correct they are still together although they did not appear as a couple in the last two years. Perhaps they were married and did not feel like letting us know about it?

Aimone and Olga were present at an Italian monarchist gathering in late 2006 (source: Unione Monarchica Italiana Varese - Foto). Then, in April 2007, they attended a party for Christian Louboutin, who is a friend of the Princess (source: sur la terre).

Has anyone seen them together since the April 2007 party? Or separately?

Was either Aimone or any member of his immediate family (parents) invited to the christening of Prince Emanuele Filiberto's newest daughter? Similarly, one wonders when and if Aimone and Olga marry, whether Prince Michel will go along with the Aosta's insistence at not inviting either the Princes of Naples nor the Princes of Venice. And I assume they would indeed not be invited. In fact I can't think of any single public or social event since the marriage of the Prince of Asturias where both the Aostas and the Naples/Venices were all present. Can you?

I do not believe that Prince Michael will be too upset if the Princes of Naples/Venice are not invited to the wedding. Since the feud between the Aostas and the Naples is well publicised, if and when Princess Olga marries Aimone, one can say with certainty that they will not be among the guests.

In fact I can't think of any single public or social event since the marriage of the Prince of Asturias where both the Aostas and the Naples/Venices were all present. Can you?
Both Vittorio Emanuele and Amedeo attended the reopening of The Venaria Reale on October 11 2007. They both were sitting in the first row, but very distant from each other. Princess Maria Gabriella, VE's sister, was sitting next to Amedeo who attended with his wife Silvia and with Aimone.
http://www.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=1758548&i=7
http://www.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=1758543&i=2
http://www.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=1758534&i=13

Last edited:
Olycom has a gallery with pictures from that day. Aimone was there, but he was photographed next to his father, step-mother and Princess Maria Gabriella.

Olycom - News

and also a few pics of Olga and Aimone taken in Turin in November 2007

Olycom - News

Both Vittorio Emanuele and Amedeo attended the reopening of The Venaria Reale on October 11 2007. They both were sitting in the first row, but very distant from each other. Princess Maria Gabriella, VE's sister, was sitting next to Amedeo who attended with his wife Silvia and with Aimone.
Olycom - News
Olycom - News
Olycom - News

I think Princess Maria Gabriella is a rather strange woman. She seems to have set herself up as the judge in this vendetta purely based on the fact that she's more of an intellectual than her sisters. So she has disavowed her own brother, which of course can be her choice, however there is such a thing as dynastic right, and loyalty to the concept of dynastic right, and she seems not to have considered this at all in her purely personal preferences. The best thing might have been inf V-E had renounced his own succession claims in favor of his son, especially since he must stand trial now in Caserta (?) which is an appalling thing for a private citizen much less the son of a former reigning king.

Was Olga present at that gathering? Are there any photos of hers with Amedeo ?

No, I don't remember any photo of her during this event, it was only "family business"....

Thank you Zarat, I came across an old Point dVue today from Oct 2006 where Aimone and Olga were photographed together at his mother's 3rd marriage. They looked so cute together.

The wedding of Duc Aimone and Princess Olga of Grece would happen in a few days on the Island Of Patmos ( Stephane Bern website) Is that true ??

Finalmente!!!
This is soooo great!!!I hope it's true....No information from the Greek media,though!
But let's hope....Grazie!!

The happy end is coming!!

Let's hope that the news about Olga getting married soon in Patmos is true!!:angel:It will be the most beautiful wedding,all the best to the beautiful couple!!:flowers:

Stéphane Bern is usually right about any royalty-related events...so I really think it's true! Finally! :flowers:

The article roughly said:
"After a 3-year engagement, Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta, son of the Duke of Aosta and Princess Claude of France, will marry in a few days, in an strictly intimate ceremony on the Greek Island of Patmos, Princess Olga of Greece, daughter of Prince Michael of Greece and Marina Karella."

I wonder why they should keep the wedding secret?
Maybe, they want make sure that Kyara will not attend!:D

The happy end is coming!!!

Come on!Don't be mean!
I would never imagine Olga in a wedding like Pavlos-MC's.And I don't believe it's secret,it's just private.Private weddings are soooo romantic,I'm happy for their choice!!;)
All the best to the beautiful couple!!:flowers:

Come on!Don't be mean!
I would never imagine Olga in a wedding like Pavlos-MC's.And I don't believe it's secret,it's just private.Private weddings are soooo romantic,I'm happy for their choice!!;)
Both Princess Bianca and Princes Mafalda had a very romantic, classy and chic wedding but not secret. That's why I am really surprised,.. provided that the news is true!

It is about time they get married. I thought that it would never happen, or did already and they just didnt announce it.

If it's true,I don't see a GRF gathering...:ermm:
I don't know why...just an instinct.

EXCUSAME !!iAKYTI I DID NOT SEE YOUR MESSAGE TO TIME. I THOUGHT THAT OLGA WILL MARRY IN ITALY,MIKEL HAS A HOUSE IN PASTMOS BUT....
TOMORROW, I SPEAK ABOUT IT, I WILL INFORM ABOUT IT.
ARE THE KINGS IN THE WEDDING??AND THE QUEEN SOFIA...???

On 16 September, H.R.H. Prince Aimone of Savoy married H.R.H. Princess Olga of Greece at the Italian Embassy in Moscow.

The religious union will take place on 27 September in Patmos.

Source: Unione Monarchica Italiana

:w00t2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom