Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta and Family (2008-2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the Italians seem to be very religious Roman Catholics.

Do you really think so? Most Italians are Roman Catholics (there are still other Christian denominations in Italy, such as the Jehova Witnesses, the Waldesians, the Evangelicals, as well as the Othodox in the South. Then there are the Jews, whose community lives in Italy since the time of the Roman Empire), but only very few of them are really praticing. But dare I say it, they seem to be more bigot than religious, more anxious to please the priesthood rather than living according to the precepts of the Church.
So I think it wouldn't make no difference to the Italians, if Olga chooses to keep her native Orthodox faith, but for the Vatican, that's quite another matter, of course.

Last edited:
Where is the problem if Olga keeps her native faith? she will never be Queen of Italy so..

I believe the Vatican won't have any problem:Catholicism and Orthodoxy are closer than most people think.The 2 Churches seem to have very good relationships the last years.

Where is the problem if Olga keeps her native faith? she will never be Queen of Italy so..

It is quite possible that she will one day be the spouse of the undisputed head of the House of Savoy. So, if the Italians are as religious as I thought they were, the monarchy will have more chances for restoration if Olga converts to Roman Catholicism (I know, there are bigger issues for the Italian monarchy, but it could help a little).

However, Tosca would know better, so I guess I presumed wrong. But doesn't Vatican have any influence over Italy?

Olga may not choose to convert to Catholicism, but any children she has may have to be raised as Catholic. I don't know this for sure, but it has happened with other Royal and Noble couples in my readings.

Of course she doesn't have to convert. I just think that, perhaps, her conversion would help strengthening the positions of her husband and his family. Other examples of royals who didn't have to convert but converted anyway are The Duke of Edinburgh, The Crown Princess of Denmark and Princess Marie of Denmark.

As I said, I don't think The Duchess of Apulia is a religious person anyway (she conceived a child way before she was married and religious people don't do that), so I don't see any reason for her to keep her religion when conversion can be helpful. I may be wrong though... perhaps she is religious, in some way :whistling:

Kotroman,I hear you speaking about Olga all these days getting pregnant before her wedding like she's a monster...ok?Both Aimone and Olga-although being modern open-minded people-quickly arranged a small religious wedding when they found out about the pregnancy.What else could they do?At least the baby was born within a marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I find nothing wrong about getting pregnant before the wedding and I don't think The Duchess of Apulia is a monster because then my mother would be a monster too :)rolleyes:). Getting pregnant before the wedding just doesn't give impression of religious persons. Perhaps I'm wrong. The Duke and Duchess of Apulia could both be religious Christians, Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox respectively...

:flowers:

But doesn't Vatican have any influence over Italy?

Well, the Vatican has a strong influence on the Italian Government, no matter which parties are in power, rather than on the Italian people.
For example it took almost five decades before divorce became legal again in Italy, and nowadays the research on stem cells has been banned from our country, due to the opposition from the Vatican.
But those are just examples to make things clear: this is not the right place to discuss this kind of issues.
However Olga doesn't need to convert, but if Aimone wanted to obtain the permission from his bishop to marry Olga in an Orthodox religious ceremony, he must have sworn to raise their children in the Catholic faith, or this would have made no sense.

Don't worry, conceiving a child out of the wedlock isn't a crime in the eyes of the Catholic Church.

And please mind your language when talking to each other!

However officially the Vatican has no influence on the Italian political life (Ecclesia libera in libera patria)...

Right.In other words:Redde Caesari quae sunt Caesaris et quae sunt Dei Deo ;) After all Olga might have been converted or plan to do so and we just don't know it yet.

Wonderfully cute, and there is something in his face that reminds me of his mother !

Wonderfully cute, and there is something in his face that reminds me of his mother !

Well, he is still young so his looks are constantly evolving but I think that you're right. His eyes maybe?

Prince of Piedmont or not (I read in the Alleanza Monarchica forum that only the King can give this title to a male member of the family), the baby is cute indeed! But, could please, somebody teach the Duke of Apulia how to carry a baby in his arms? Men!:eek:

Prince of Piedmont or not (I read in the Alleanza Monarchica forum that only the King can give this title to a male member of the family), the baby is cute indeed! But, could please, somebody teach the Duke of Apulia how to carry a baby in his arms? Men!:eek:
Why? what's the problem? (I premise: I've never carried a baby in my arms...)

I hope the baby doesn't suffer from seasickness being carried like that !

Well, his Father, his Grandfather and his Great-Grandfather were officers of the Italian Navy...maybe himself, one day...

Why? what's the problem? (I premise: I've never carried a baby in my arms...)

He, he! Look closely at the picture, and will see that Aimone looks quite uncomfortable, as if the baby were going to slip out of his arms. Babies usually cry when they feel they are being carried on the arms of people who are uncomfortable in holding them.

I trust in who has more experience with cildren then me...

Anyway this baby wasn't crying: a real Prince!

Thank you for the news and the links.
Did little Umberto recieve any other names?

You are very welcome, Hanna Regina!

I do not know if the prince received any further names at his baptism. However, when he was born his name was registered as "Umberto Sathya di Savoia-Aosta." Apparently, Sathya is Indian for "truth."

Anybody knows something on Carlo Radicati di Primeglio?
His family is a very ancient noble piedmontese family (city of Asti and its nearby) but I have not recent info about them.
That Sathya sounds awful to me, a real style laps!

Anybody knows something on Carlo Radicati di Primeglio?
His family is a very ancient noble piedmontese family (city of Asti and its nearby) but I have not recent info about them.

This particular Carlo Radicati di Primeglio represented Bacardi Martini Group in Russia from 1994 until recently. He then worked briefly as head of Russian Standard Vodka. He is currently CEO of the Russian Alcohol Group.

Here are some links about Carlo Radicati:
http://www.kommersant.com/p909622/r_500/Russian_Standard_Vodka/
http://www.rusalco.com/en/company/management/317/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom