Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta and Family (2008-2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IAKYNTHY,
thank, I have remembered : when a person gets married in Greece for the Catholic and Orthodox rite, the Patriarch always requires that the wedding the first will be Catholic and later the Orthodox ...
THEY CAN NOT BY CATHOLIC RITE....

The magazine hola! has a extensive article.

Amadeo OF Saboya, FATHER, SAYS TO MAGAZINE HOLA!, THAT IN THE WEDDING OF PRINCE FELIPE OF SPAIN, HE SET NEXT TO MARINE,WHEN they saw TO THEIR CHILDREN speaking they said, "they are a good couple" .. AND THIS was MADE REALITY

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I heard the story Marina Karella sat next to Amedeo at the reception, she thought he was a fine young man and introduced him to Olga.
With regard to the weddings what I know is that the Orthodox Church allows Christians of other denominations to marry G.O in the G.O Church without converting and the wedding is acknowledged by both Churches. All G.O who marry members of another Church they need to sign that the children of such a marriage will be raised in the G.O Faith. Again no non G.O can participate in a sacrament therefore they would not allow a non G.O to be a godparent or a witness in a GO wedding ceremony.
The Patriarche does not get involved in any of this, since the local Archibishop's office is the one who make sure the rules are enforced register the marriage or baptism and keep the copies in their archives.

This Royal Wedding made me very happy because I support both Royal Families :)

It was a real royal marriage even if so few persons participated.

i agree with latin.. It was a real wedding.

Odette . For orthodox churn it is valid but for catholic?

Is the orthodox marriage valid for the catholic church?
I think that it is not valid because the queen sofia of spain had two weddings in athens, the first in catholic church of athens and then the orthodox .

My sweet Beltraneja,that's what we were talking about.Athens is another story...Aimone and Olga got married on a Dodecanese island,which means it's valid,because the Dodecanese church follows the same rules as the Patriarch in Constantinople(Istanbul) and not the rules of the rest Greek church.That is the key to our answer.

I thought the bride looked beautiful (and the groom too) the idea of a bouquet with olive leaves and ears of wheat was very effective. It said in Point de Vue that the dress was made from an Indian saree.
A beautiful wedding in a perfect setting.

i agree with latin.. It was a real wedding.

Odette . For orthodox churn it is valid but for catholic?

Is the orthodox marriage valid for the catholic church?
I think that it is not valid because the queen sofia of spain had two weddings in athens, the first in catholic church of athens and then the orthodox .

Aimone got dispensation from the Catholic Bishop of Moscow ( his archdiocese as that's where Aimone lives) to marry in an Orthodox ceremony. ( the Italian monarchy site has this information)An Orthodox marriage is recognised by the Roman Catholic church.

The orthodox marriage is recognized by the Catholic Church.There is no need to repeat it.
Anyhow the children of the couple will be raised as catholics as members of the Royal Family of Italy.

I read an old interview of Olga in which she speaks about her stay in Coibra,the island in the Pacific (100 miles West of Panama).She stayed there for about 3 months each year,searching for rare species of insects mostly.I was impressed by her statement that this is an island that the state of Panama sends around 150 long-term prisoners to live on their own.I mean...free!!Not in prison.Can you imagine a young princess alone in the jungle,doing research,and 150 prisoners free out there?Who would dare?

I highly doubt she goes there all alone. She must have her own body guards with her.

Ha ha!I don't know,I'm just telling you what Olga said in that interview.And yes,she claimed that she went out in the jungle on her own for hours and that once she had to catch some scorpions in the laboratory,because her male colleagues had already jumped on some chairs when they saw them.Easy said...

If so she's a brave girl indeed! I mean better to confront scorpions than the inmates!;):)

Even if she's exaggerating a little bit,I still believe that Olga has a great and unique personality.She can be the best role-model for every young and aspiring woman :flowers:

I applaud the marriage of Aimone and Olga - it was different and low-key.
At least it wasn't the farce that was the marriage of Emmanuel Filliberto and Clothilde where she was wearing a white designer gown with tiara and being very visually pregnant.
Olga - being older - has probably had an amniocenthetis exam to check on the health of the baby. Amnionic fluid is withdrawn and the chromosones are checked - at this time the sex of the baby can be revealed. Some parents wish to be told the sex of their baby and some want to be surprised.

Olga did not want a marriage with hundreds of guests (as the one of Emanuele Filiberto but also Bianca and Mafalda), Amedeo did not agree at the beginning, the final decision was taken (with the agreement of both families) also considering the costs of a marriage with many guests...

Your explanation is technically correct, I can also add that obstetrics ultrasound (I hope it is the right word in english, I am not a MD!) can be used to "discoverd" the sex of the baby.

To Count

Is Prince Aimone going to continue working in the embassy in Moscow or find another place of employment?

He doesn't work in the Embassy in Moscow, he works for Pirelli.

Thanks for the clarification!:flowers: I thought that Prince Aimone was a diplomat of some kind. Well... I was mistaken. Is he going to continue his work for Pirelli or not?

In a recent interview with the Italian TV Prince Amedeo said Aimone will continue to work for Pirelli in Moscow.

Congratulations to Prince Aimone and Princess Olga! Now we Need some pics of the bride and groom

:previous:
?? Have you checked the thread in the Royal Weddings Forum?

Prince Aimone di Savoia attended the presentation of the "Pirelli Calendar" 2009 gala in Berlin (photo by Guindani for "La Stampa" newspaper)

I wonder if also Olga attended the Gala Dinner in Berlin, as I haven't seen any pic of her!
Aimone's mother, Claude d'Orléans, and her husband, Enrico Gandolfi, did.
Pics from Dagospia
Pic
Pic

Which is Mr. Gandolfi?
And does someone know who is the other man?

:previous:Enrico Gandolfi is the one on the right!
I have found a few pics of Aimone and Olga attending the "Pinacoteca Agnelli" Prize in Turin, last year, on 14/11/2008.
I think they have never been posted before.
Olycom
Olycom
Olycom

Which is Mr. Gandolfi?

The one with the brown coat although Princess Claude has her arm under the gentleman on her right (left of the picture).

Is The Duchess of Apulia still an Eastern Orthodox Christian? I don't recall reading anywhere that she converted to Roman Catholicism.

That would be interesting to know,Kotroman.The last news we had about this issue was on September 27th(their wedding),which means Olga was still a GO.I don't know if anyone can enlighten us about what happened during the last 6 months.Did she convert indeed?

Conversion would seem natural to me. She is not in the line of succession to the Greek throne, so she doesn't have to worry about what would happen if the monarchy is restored and somehow she succeeds to the throne as Roman Catholic. Yet again her conversion to Roman Catholicism would be useful to the Italian Royal Family, because the Italians seem to be very religious Roman Catholics. I don't think she is a religious person anyway - she conceived a child way before she was married and religious people don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom