Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta and Family (2008-2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, the paintings behind the Prince are most likely all by his mother-in-law Princess Michael of Greece née Marina Karella. I recognize her hand in the paintings.

Nice paintings. Thanks for the information about them. :flowers:

I am a monarchist, a supporter of Don Aimone, but despite all the Song of the Italians (there is no any reference to a royal or a republic state anyway) is arousing and makes blood pulsing. I very much like the historic references.

Brothers of Italy,
Italy has woken,
Bound Scipio's helmet *
Upon her head.
Where is Victoria? **
Let her bow down,
For God created her
Slave of Rome.

* Refers to Scipio Africanus, the great Roman general whom defeated Hannibal
** Victoria refers to the Roman Goddess of victory

Stanza
Let us join in a cohort, *
We are ready to die.
We are ready to die,
Italy has called.

Let us join in a cohort,
We are ready to die.
We are ready to die,
Italy has called! Yes!

a cohort was a basic tactical unit of any Roman Legion

From the Alps to Sicily,
Legnano is everywhere; *
Every man has the heart
and hand of Ferruccio **
The children of Italy
Are all called Balilla; ***
Every trumpet blast
sounds the Vespers. ****

* the Italian victory at the battle of Legnano 1176, defeating the Holy Roman Empire
** referring to Francesco Ferruccio who was defeated in a battle in 1530 against the Prince of Orange (who was died in this battle b.t.w.) but earned eternal fame for his courage and brave gallantry
*** Balilla is a nickname for a Genuese boy who started the revolt against the Habsburg forces in 1746
**** referring to the Sicilian revolt in 1282 against the King of France

Many anthems only sing about the beautiful landscape, the country etc. The Italian one is so full of referrings to history, it is almost a history book on itself...

Last edited:
Maybe Emanuele Filiberto is better known but does that dancing, playing in celebbie shows and attending every red carpet superficiality give him a better chance?

Or would Aimone, with a post graduate Executive MBA degree from Bocconi University (a private university in Milan), with having done his military service, with years of experience in finances in New York, London and now acting as CEO of one of Italy's Industrial giants serving Russia and the Nordic countries (and indeed, a scandal free person) not simply win when the Italians would have to choose between the two?

Only the Italian royalists (very few in the country) really know Prince Aimone.

Sure, but I was assuming when Italian royalists had known them well, both.

The Italian royalists represent a small percentage of the population.

Thanks for the information, MAfan. :flowers: I've never heard of the anthem beforehand but I think it's a rather nice anthem. I can speak little Italian, but from what I can work out, in the YouTube video that you posted, does it say that this anthem was Sardinia's anthem from 1861-2011?
No, it ceased to be used as an anthem when Italy became a republic in 1946 and another song was chosen as the only and official anthem.
The reference to 1861-2011 was due to the fact that a compilation of anthems, songs and marches of the period of the unification of Italy was released in 2011, on occasion of the 150th anniversary of the proclamation of the Kindgom of Italy.

On the 5th of June 2015 HRH Hereditary Prince Aimone of Savoy came to Rome to attend at the Pantheon the Funeral Mass for Sergio Boschiero. A wonderful gesture indeed.

I suppose from the present of Prince Aimone the royalists in Italia support him for heir to Italian throne. It's very nice to came to Rome for the Funeral Mass.

Mr Boschiero has always tried to maintain the honour and the dignity of the Italian monarchist cause.

When the Italian state organized a centenary and included a homage to the monarchy, the President of Italy, the Prime Minister, the President of the Senate, the President of the Chamber, etc. were present and the Duke of Aosta and his son Prince Aimone were included. So it is not that they are "nobody" in Italy or that only "Dancing with the Stars" Emanuele Filiberto is seen.

Which centenary was it?

Btw the fact that at times he is invited to some public event and he attends it doesn't necessarily mean that he is known to the general public.
Many people may know his name, but he isn't a public persona in Italy; on the contrary Emanuele Filiberto is.

HRH Hereditary Princess Aimone is less known because he is not a showman but a businessman.

Which centenary was it?

Btw the fact that at times he is invited to some public event and he attends it doesn't necessarily mean that he is known to the general public.
Many people may know his name, but he isn't a public persona in Italy; on the contrary Emanuele Filiberto is.

The ceremony at the Pantheon in 2011, with the Duke of Aosta, Prince Aimone, President Mr Giorgio Napolitano, Premier Minister Mr Silvio Berlusconi, President of the Senate Mr Renato Schifani, President of the Chamber Mr Gianfranco Fini and the Defense Minister, Mr Ignazio La Russa. Also the son and grandson of King Umberto were there. I found it well-thought that also the Duke of Aosta and Prince Aimone were invited. They are exactly as much a direct male descendant of the Padre della Patria as the two gentlemen from the other branch, you know, the one from the fighting and shooting, the other from the dancing and singing.

Thanks for the link; it was on occasion of the 150th anniversary of the proclamation of the Kingdom of Italy on 17 March 1861.

The ceremony at the Pantheon in 2011, with the Duke of Aosta, Prince Aimone, President Mr Giorgio Napolitano, Premier Minister Mr Silvio Berlusconi, President of the Senate Mr Renato Schifani, President of the Chamber Mr Gianfranco Fini and the Defense Minister, Mr Ignazio La Russa. Also the son and grandson of King Umberto were there. I found it well-thought that also the Duke of Aosta and Prince Aimone were invited. They are exactly as much a direct male descendant of the Padre della Patria as the two gentlemen from the other branch, you know, the one from the fighting and shooting, the other from the dancing and singing.
Prince Aimone is Duke of Aosta.

Euhhh... he can not be because his father is stil alive and is the 5th Duke of Aosta, as son of the 4th Duke. I know he suddenlt started to use the title Duke of Savoia, but this was never used anymore when the last Duke of Savoia became King of Italy.

Just a absurd idea in the cat-and-mouse fight with the Savoias. I am monarchist but hey, don't play with my b*lls. Amedeo being Duke of Savoia is as crazy as Carlos de Bourbon de Parme calling himself King of Spain....

The titles of Prince Amedeo represent another matter.

I believe, on the contrary, that the titles of Prince Amedeo aren't at all a different matter.
If Aimone uses now and has used in the past nine years the title of Duke of Aosta (and also if some people call him "Crown Prince"), it is simply due to the fact that Prince Amedeo has claimed the Headship of the Royal Family and, as a consequence, has assumed for himself the higher title of Duke of Savoy and allowed his son to use the title of Duke of Aosta.

On another note, responding to Duc et Pair's last post, IMHO Amedeo being Duke of Savoy isn't as crazy as Carlos of Bourbon-Parma being King of Spain; Prince Amedeo calling himself King of Croatia would be as crazy as Prince Carlos calling himself King of Spain.
Amedeo is just using one of the titles of the Head of the House of Savoy; it's true that it has not been used for centuries before 2006, but this was just because the Heads of the House of Savoy had higher titles to use, and the title of Duke of Savoy has since remained one of the many titles of the Kings of Sardinia before and Kings of Italy later.

I understand where Prince Amedeo comes from, seeing himself as the Chef of the Italian royal dynasty but I find it needless and doing a firm request on someone's imagination.

As son of the 4th Duke of Aosta, Prince Amedeo is the rightful (5th) Duke of Aosta. His son Prince Aimone will be the 6th Duke, and the 7th Duke will be his grandson Prince Umberto. Deo Volente, of course. These titles are undisputed. Prince Emanuele Filiberto has only daughters, it is a matter of time before the headship of the Royal House will come into the hands of the Aosta branch. Of course, they already claim that headship but hopefully both branches will find reconciliation, like the two branches of the House of Two Sicilies.

The title 'Duke of Savoy' is a title of pretension. It is depending on supporters and others willing to accept it or not. The title Duke of Aosta is undisputed. Amedeo, and then Aimone, and then Umberto are all undisputed direct male heirs of the first Duke of Aosta (King Amedeo I of Spain). They should be immensely proud on that title and patrimonium and not decorate themselves with fancy titles.

That counts for all pretending families. I am an Orléanist, but Prince Henri calling himself Duc de France is simply laughable. He is one thing: the rightful and undisputed head of the House of Orléans and he should bear the proud title Duc d'Orléans and not starting to dress up with new titles. Prince Amedeo should not do that either.

Last edited:
Prince Aimone received from his father the title Duke of Aosta.

Yes, this is known, and stating and repeating it many and many times again won't make it more true.
Actually all the titles mentioned in the last posts of this discussion are titles in pretension, not officially recognized and without any legal value.
Things thus standing, the continuation of this discussion by repeating and restating the very same points more and more times is very much sterile and useless. So please move on.

Recent photos of HRH the Prince of Piedmont and of his brother, HRH the Duke of Abruzzi:

U.M.I. - News

Recent photos of HRH the Prince of Piedmont and of his brother, HRH the Duke of Abruzzi:

U.M.I. - News

The accompanying article says:

By gentle courtesy of their father, His Royal Highness Prince Aimone di Savoia, Duke of Aosta and of Apulia, we publish a photograph taken during a car race at the circuit of Volokalamsk, outside Moscow. It portrays Their Royal Highnesses Prince Umberto (center) and Prince Amedeo di Savoia (left), respectively the Prince of Piedmont and the Duke of the Abruzzes.

As has become a tradition in the House of Savoia, the little princes -following in their father's footsteps- have shown a special passion for cars from an early age on.

We thank the Heir who, albeit from afar, maintains the link between the royal family and the Unione Monarchica Italiana by sending photographs to show the princes to the Italian monarchists.

Last edited:
Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta

I wish there were more photos of Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta

The hope and the future of the Royal House of Savoy!

The three children of the HRH the Duke and HRH the Duchess of Aosta and Apulia are: HRH Prince Umberto of Savoy (Prince of Piedmont), HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy (Duke of Abruzzi) and HRH Princess Isabella of Savoy.

Oh my, the oldest has got Olga's beautiful sultry eyes. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom