Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta and Family (2008-2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Prince Aimone married Claude d'Orléans, Princesse de France and -then- the House of France still had considerable wealth. I don't know how much wealth the Duke of Aosta has.

The late count promissed to leave his children 'nothing but hatred', so I assume in monetary terms the inheritance must be limited. Much seems to have gone to a foundation and of course there are so many siblings to share the remainder with.

Last edited:
Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta and Family, September 2008-

During his life the late Count of Paris was considered to be extremely rich. After his death his children found almost nothing as inheritance. I never understood the real story but I know that some of them started a Court procedure.
Back to the topic, I do not think that the former Duchess of Aoste inherited a lot of money. But it is very possible that along with her sisters she received a considerable amount of money when she married. A dot for the wedding. All the girls of the late Count made prestigious marriages so I suppose that he gave money to them at this moment. 50 or 40 years ago he was rich enough to afford it.

Last edited:
:previous: Prince Aimone is married to Princess Olga of Greece. His father Amedeo, Duke of Aosta, was married to Princess d'Orléans.

Prince Aimone is Duke of Aosta and of Puglia, his father being only Duke of Savoy.

Prince Aimone is Duke of Aosta and of Puglia, his father being only Duke of Savoy.

Duke of Savoy? It is not the other branch?
Why the son is Duke of Savoy and Puglia and the father not?

:previous:
When in 2006 he declared himself to be the Head of the House of Savoy, Prince Amedeo - who at the time used the title of Duke of Aosta - assumed the title of Duke of Savoy and relinquished the title of Duke of Aosta in favour of his son Aimone, who added to his title of Duke of Apulia also the title of Duke of Aosta.
Of course, the supporters of Prince Vittorio Emanuele recognize Amedeo and Aimone only - respectively - as Duke of Aosta and Duke of Apulia (and don't recognize the titles conferred by Prince Amedeo to his own grandsons).

During his life the late Count of Paris was considered to be extremely rich. After his death his children found almost nothing as inheritance. I never understood the real story but I know that some of them started a Court procedure.
Back to the topic, I do not think that the former Duchess of Aoste inherited a lot of money. But it is very possible that along with her sisters she received a considerable amount of money when she married. A dot for the wedding. All the girls of the late Count made prestigious marriages so I suppose that he gave money to them at this moment. 50 or 40 years ago he was rich enough to afford it.

Didn't he start to spend what he had when he grew disillusioned with the prospect of a restoration of the monarchy?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The Family is not very rich.

Prince Aimone or Prince Emmanuele is the heir to the iatalian throne?

It is one of the many disputed cases.
Prince Amedeo, Aimone's father, claims to be the successor of King Umberto II on the ground that Vittorio Emanuele's marriage to Marina Doria is unequal and wasn't authorized by the King, and therefore Vittorio Emanuele and his descendants are excluded from the succession.
Prince Vittorio Emanuele claims that King Umberto never formally denied his consent to his marriage and that the late King never disowned him as his successor; besides, until 2006 the whole Savoy Family also recognized Vittorio Emanuele as the Head of the Family.
For more details see the proper thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...tion-succession-heirs-and-conflicts-2411.html

Very intricate things here to. But me i prefer Prince Aimone is married with a greek princess. Thank you Mafan.

It is a pity Prince Aimone and His Family do not live in Italy.

It is a pity Prince Aimone and His Family do not live in Italy.

Well, he makes good money as CEO for Pirelli, division Russia and the Nordic. So he is responsible for an enormous area with lots of consumers. Total different league than his cousin Emanuele Filiberto with his participation in shallow and superficial celebrity shows.

HRH Hereditary Prince Aimone of Savoy, Duke of Aosta and of Puglie, and HRH Prince Umberto of Savoy, Prince of Piedmont, greeted the Italian royalists of UMI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxG71-e1mn8

You can see that Prince Aimone of Savoia-Aosta needs media training... Probably he had no text or was distracted by his children...

:lol:

By the way, the paintings behind the Prince are most likely all by his mother-in-law Princess Michael of Greece née Marina Karella. I recognize her hand in the paintings.

HRH Prince Umberto di Savoia Aosta, painted by his grandmother

HRH Princess Olga di Savoia-Aosta née Princess of Greece, painted by her mother

HRH Prince Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta, painted by his grandmother

HRH Prince Umberto di Savoia-Aosta, painted by his grandmother

HRH Princess Olga di Savoia-Aosta née Princess of Greece and Denmark, as a young girl, sculptured by her mother

Statue in Patmos, Greece, sculpted by Princess Michael of Greece née Marina Karella

Prince Aimone or Prince Emmanuele is the heir to the iatalian throne?

Time automatically heals the division. Prince Emanuele Filiberto has no sons. As the rules are as now, the Savoia-Aosta branch will inherit the headship of the House.

Line of succession according to the Savoia branch:

- Prince Vittorio Emanuele di Savoia, Prince of Naples x Marina Doria
1 Prince Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia, Prince of Venice x Clotilde Courau
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Prince Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta, Duke of Aosta x Princess Claude d'Orléans
3 Prince Aimone di Savoia-Aosta, Duke of Apulia x Princess Olga of Greece
4 Prince Umberto di Savoia-Aosta
5 Prince Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta

Line of succession according to the Savoia-Aosta branch:

- Prince Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta, Duke of Aosta x Princess Claude d'Orléans
1 Prince Aimone di Savoia-Aosta, Duke of Apulia x Princess Olga of Greece
2 Prince Umberto di Savoia-Aosta
3 Prince Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta

What is the name of the tune played at the beginning and end of the video?

Prince Aimone did appear as a little hesitant throughout the video, though I don't think he was very shy. Thank you for sharing the paintings on the walls Duc_et_Pair, by the way. I'd read before that Princess Olga paints, but I didn't realise that a few of the other family members did as well.

Prince Aiomone's appearance reminds me a little of how the royal men used to look in the Victorian period.

Contrary to his playboy cousin Emanuele Filiberto, Prince Aimone has a serious job and also has done his military service as well in the Italian Navy, see picture. A far, far more serious man, worth to represent the grand House of Savoia.

The only problem is Prince Aimone is not really known by the Italians.

Contrary to his playboy cousin Emanuele Filiberto, Prince Aimone has a serious job and also has done his military service as well in the Italian Navy, see picture. A far, far more serious man, worth to represent the grand House of Savoia.

Isn;t the whole point of a monarchy that the first in line succeeds? The characteritics of junior members -which may be superior indeed- are of no importance.

Last edited:
Isn;t the whole point of a monarchy that the first in line succeeds? The of junior members -which may be superior indeed- are of no importance.

But that's only if you regard Vittorio Emanuele di Savoia and the Prince of Venice as the Head of the Italian Royal House and his heir.

But if you regard the Duke of Savoy as the legitimate claimant to the Italian Throne and the Duke of Aosta and Apulia as his heir, they are of great importance.

True, but my point was that the individual qualities of each of them have nothing to do with it. The succession issue in the Italian RF is based on the status of the wedding of VE, not on his lifestyle or that of his son. I am quite sure that if it was about lifestyle most people would prefer the duke of Apulia, who is most scandal-free.

Last edited:
True, but my point was that the individual qualities of each of them have nothing to do with it. The succession issue in the Italian RF is based on the status of the wedding of VE, not on his lifestyle or that of his son. I am quite sure that if it was about lifestyle most people would prefer the duke of Apulia, who is most scandal-free.

I can see your point and I agree with it, Marengo.

Isn't it the Marcia Reale, the royal anthem for the Kingdom of Italy but indeed originally composed for Sardinia?

The only problem is Prince Aimone is not really known by the Italians.

Maybe Emanuele Filiberto is better known but does that dancing, playing in celebbie shows and attending every red carpet superficiality give him a better chance?

Or would Aimone, with a post graduate Executive MBA degree from Bocconi University (a private university in Milan), with having done his military service, with years of experience in finances in New York, London and now acting as CEO of one of Italy's Industrial giants serving Russia and the Nordic countries (and indeed, a scandal free person) not simply win when the Italians would have to choose between the two?

Isn't it the Marcia Reale, the royal anthem for the Kingdom of Italy but indeed originally composed for Sardinia?
Both them were used as anthems for the Kingdom of Sardinia and later for the Kingdom of Italy. Both them were played during official occasions.

Both them were used as anthems for the Kingdom of Sardinia and later for the Kingdom of Italy. Both them were played during official occasions.

Ah I see. Suddenly I had to think about one of those old Don Camillo movies I once saw on a rainy Sunday afternoon. One of the old ladies in Don Camillo's parish was dying. During the Last Confession she stated she wanted to have "the King's flag" on her coffin during the funeral. (She meant: the Italian flag under the monarchy). So said, so done. The communist mayor, Mr Peppone, had to bite on his tongue, seeing this demonstrative act but nevertheless paid his respects as the old lady was one of his villagers.

:lol:

Maybe Emanuele Filiberto is better known but does that dancing, playing in celebbie shows and attending every red carpet superficiality give him a better chance?

Or would Aimone, with a post graduate Executive MBA degree from Bocconi University (a private university in Milan), with having done his military service, with years of experience in finances in New York, London and now acting as CEO of one of Italy's Industrial giants serving Russia and the Nordic countries (and indeed, a scandal free person) not simply win when the Italians would have to choose between the two?

I think if the Italians have an ounce of brain the choice is crustal clear. And comparing the two gentlemen Aymone has a strong help with his wife a real princess born and highly blue blooded. I have the feeling that Mrs Courau does not really help to enhance her husband'a profile towards the traditional royalists.

Even though I think that Prince Emanuele Filiberto has the stronger claim to the former throne as the grandson of the last King, I agree with Duc_et_Pair that Prince Aimone is more suited to the role of claimant/pretender because he seems a bit more serious about his role, and has no scandals attached to him. Prince Emanuele Filiberto has recently said that he is going to continue on his royal role, but I think the celebrity lifestyle is more suited to him.
I've read that Prince Aimone is also favoured by the Italian Royalists.

It is the anthem of the Kingdom of Sardinia, "Conservet deus su re":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtQks1UsDM

Thanks for the information, MAfan. :flowers: I've never heard of the anthem beforehand but I think it's a rather nice anthem. I can speak little Italian, but from what I can work out, in the YouTube video that you posted, does it say that this anthem was Sardinia's anthem from 1861-2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom