Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do Maria Isabella and her husband Alberto live?

Where do Maria Isabella and her husband Alberto live?

In 7 years I´ve known Princess Maria Isabella she never mentionned her husband. And she travels everywhere all by herself.

She met Princess Maria Gabriella in Genève last week and Princess Maria Gabriella was very critical on her nephew taking part in politics.

The italian wedding was very nice and then she went to Genève and from there she went to a wedding in Lisbon where she met the Duke of Braganza.

I had said earlier the Duke of Aosta was present at the "Massimo" wedding but I have to correct myself and he was not there (although he had been invited) but they talked on the telephone.

Her son will send me pictures of the family reunited for last Christmas and I will post them here, ok?

Amedea, I see you read Paul Theroff´s message about the "Massimo" wedding. Princess Maria Isabella told me all the details by telephone but I could not grasp the groom´s first name as she was speaking to fast so I communicated Theroff without it....but I will ask her again, right?

I know she married Alberto Frioli, created Count of Rezzano by King Umberto II, in 1971, and they had three or four children; but I don't know anything about their life after the wedding...

Princess Maria Gabriella was very critical on her nephew taking part in politics
Well, in the last years she has been critical on everything her nephew has done...but I can understand her...If a prince claims some right to a Throne, as EF does, I think he cannot take part in politic, since his possible role as Prince or Monarch has to be over the politic, not into it. The same late King didn't want the creation of a monarchist party in Italy, because He believed that the Monarchy is not a party, and has to be impartial: and the politic needs to be partial.

I know she married Alberto Frioli, created Count of Rezzano by King Umberto II, in 1971, and they had three or four children; but I don't know anything about their life after the wedding...

so now you know Princess Maria Gabriella is separeted or divorced from her "ex" husband.

You must know at least a thing about her. That she took very care to transfer the mortal remains of her parents from São Paulo to Superga and there were PLENTY of pictures at the time. I think it was less than 3 years ago. Have you seen these pictures??

And I may add another thing: SHE IS REALLY VERY NICE AND IS ALWAYS HAPPY AND CONTENT!!

so now you know Princess Maria Gabriella is separeted or divorced from her "ex" husband.
Maybe you mean Princess Maria Isabella? However, also Maria Gabriella is divorced from her ex husband, Robert Zellinger de Balkany.

I knew something about the transfer of the remains of the late Dukes of Genova to Superga, it was in 2006, but I didn't see pictures...maybe only some, I guess in the website of Prince Amedeo; but I'm not totally sure.

Unfortunately, here in Italy we know only a little about our Royal Family, and only about its more "famous" members (Vittorio Emanuele and Emanuele FIliberto); and often these news are only gossip...

yes, sorry, I meant Princess Maria Isabella!

I will try and post here many pictures of the ceremony at Superga another day.

The name of the groom is DIEGO (the bride´s Elena as you know). There was a party for more than 300 guests in Florence 2 weeks before the wedding. The religious ceremony took place at an ancient fortress owned by the Massimos between Florence and Siena. This fortress is called Villa la Sulvera and it was turned into a 5 stars hotel by the Massimos. There were only 78 guests for the religious ceremony (the maximum capacity of the fortress/hotel)

Regarding what you say about the italian midia talking so little about the Savoias I was lucky to be in Italy when Queen Maria José died and at that time the midia TALKED A LOT. And I keep all the articles with much care....

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding what you say about the italian midia talking so little about the Savoias I was lucky to be in Italy when Queen Maria José died and at that time the midia TALKED A LOT. And I keep all the articles with much care....
Well, I was only 10 at the time, I remember that medias talked about her, but...this was an occasion in which it was unthinkable not to talk about...Moreover medias had to compensate the lack of informations when King Umberto died; his funeral was not shown by any television, except for some part the following day. And I can't remember if the one of Queen Maria Jose was shown...

Duke of Addis Abeba/Badoglio Family

Does anyone have any photos of the 3rd Duke of Addis Abeba, Flavio Badoglio. I read something interesting that his mother was the daughter of the last Emperor of Vietnam. He was born in 1973.

Sorry am a bit late with this, Susanna Agnelli was also a friend of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and Prince Bernard who had a vacation home at Porto Ercole where Susanna Agenelli was mayor.

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - De koninklijke familie in Porto Ercole, Italie (1966)

Susanna Agnelli has died today in Rome, aged 87.
She was the daughter of Edoardo Agnelli, son of FIAT founder Giovanni, and his wife Virginia, nèe Bourbon del Monte of the Princes of San Faustino.
Mrs Agnelli married in 1945 count Urbano Rattazzi, from whom she divorced in 1975, after having 6 children.
She also had been Minister of the Foreign Affairs of Italy between 1995 and 1996, and member of the European Parliament between 1979 and 1981.

Does anyone have any photos of the 3rd Duke of Addis Abeba, Flavio Badoglio. I read something interesting that his mother was the daughter of the last Emperor of Vietnam. He was born in 1973.
His father was the late Pietro Badoglio, 2nd Duke of Addis Abeba and Marquess of Sabotino (himself the grandson and heir of Marshal Pietro Badoglio, 1st Duke of Addis Abeba and Marquess of Sabotino, Prime Minister of Italy in 1934-1944), and his mother is Phuong Mai, the eldest daughter of Emperor Bao Dai of Vietnam and his wife Nam Puhong.

Daughters and younger children of Dukes

I was just wondering what the daughters of Dukes were called in Italy. I read several places that they took their father/mothers title. Does that mean all the recognised descendants are Dukes/Duchesses? You see, my great great great grandfather was a Duke of Italy around 1890, and while I realise this makes me nothing cause I'm in America, I just wanna know what it WOULD have made me. Here is my brief ancestry:

Duke
Female
Male
Female
Female
Me
:previous:
Thanks.:D

Lol. Nice. You'd probably be a lady or something since you're down so far in the line.

As far as I know, Italy follows Luxembourg's exampe of succession: only males can inherit, so while the daughters of a duke generally hold the title Princess, they are knocked out of the line of inheritence.

-Duke
-Princess
-Count/Lord
-Countess/Lady
-Lady
-Possibly Lady or no title at all

I'm only guessing as far as titles go, but that's generally how they work. The further down the line, the lesser the titles become until there are none, since those descendants are too far removed from the monarch. Younger children of a duke would be styled the same as the older ones; the age doesn't matter. The direct relation, how far or close, is what counts. For example, in Russia, the children of a reigning tsar were titled grand dukes and grand duchesses. The tsar's grandchildren through the male line were grand dukes and grand duchesses, and the great-grandchildren through the male line were princes and princesses. Anyone down further than that were either counts/countesses or had no title at all, unless they married someone with a title. The tsar's grandchildren through the female line inherited any titles from their father, or none at all if the father didn't have any. In the rare case of Grand Duchess Kenia's children, since she married a cousin who was a grand duke, her children were title prince/ss. Then there's the issue of morganatic marriages; if a male descendant of the tsar married a divorced person or without the tsar's consent, the marriage was considered morganatic, therefore any children from that marriage did not inherit any of the father's titles. They may be given the courtesy title of count/ess or none at all.

Like this:

Tsar Alexander III
-Nicholas (grand duke, later tsar)
-4 daughters, all grand duchesses
-1 son, a grand duke as well as heir
Tsar Alexander III
-Ksenia (grand duchess)
married her cousin, Grand Duke Alexander Mikhailovich
-1 daughter, a princess
-6 sons, all princes

Hope this helps! :)

How is the daughter of a Duke called a Princess? I thought Prince/Princess out ranked a Duke. He wasn't a Grand Duke, just a Duke.

No, in Italian nobility ducal titles in 99% of the cases refer to a dukedom: so just 1 of the sons can inherit the title and the dukedom and that's the 1st born. In Rome and South Italy aristocracy (similarly to the spanish aristocracy) however it is frequent that a person has many titles and decide to leave at least one of them to cadet sons. And usually when a family obtained a ducal title, they obtained also the treatment of don (for all the male members) and of donna (for all the female members). So the daughter of a duke is "donna of the dukes of.." and the son is "don of the dukes of". This treatment passed to the children of the sons and not to the children of the daughters.
Piedmontese nobility has a different tradition: until XIX century there were usually no title for cadets (just courtesy titles)..then, I think with the formation of the kingdom of Italy, they obtained that all family members would be "nobles of the" followed by the title of the chief of the family..however in Piedmont the ducal title was very rare..

In Italy, Dukes come after Princes and before Marquises; dukes are styled His/Her Excellency (the same as Princes), while their descendants are Don/Donna X of the Dukes of Y. For example, Queen Paola of the Belgians, before her marriage, was Donna Paola Ruffo di Calabria, dei Duchi di Guardia Lombarda (Donna Paola Ruffo di Calabria, of the Dukes of Guardia Lombarda).

Anybody knows if this is prince Carlo Massimo di Arsoli, son of princess Maria Adelaide of Savoy-Genua or prince Carlo Massimo Lancellotti or another prince Carlo Massimo? http://www.dagospia.com/mediagallery/dago_gallery-8589/247072.htm the pic was taken at the Suspisio birthday party were, between others, I also noticed a stunning Vittoria Windish-graetz, she's always beautiful and young-looking despite the pregnancies! http://www.dagospia.com/mediagallery/dago_gallery-8589/247054.htm

You are quite right, it is her son and his wife..

Okay, thanks. Like I said, it really doesn't matter to me. Just curious.

prince Vittorio Alliata di Montereale and his family, who usually live in the Hawaii, were in Rome and in Italy in the past days. To organize the ball they held in Palazzo Borghese and their vacation program, that involved many and international friends, they create this website AlliataHI: Home

I am surprised we are allowed to see it, the Palazzo Borghese looks magical

Lavinia Borromeo and her mother Countess Marion Zota, an ex-model, shoping in Milan:

Dipiù 1

Dipiù 2

They have the title of "donna of the counts" Borromeo. Beatrice has also said that she hasn't right to any title as their parents marriage wasn't religious (or because they weren't married yet at her birth?) .

Because her parents weren't married (and I remember she said they're still not married, but I'm not totally sure about it).

The article where I scanned the pictures from said that Lavinia's mother is a German Countess by birth.
If Lavinia's father and Marion Zota were married in the church, then he couldn't marry Beatrice's mother in a religious ceremony, unless he had his previous marriage annuled.

In several interviews, she said that her father Don Ferdinando married "Zota" (as Marion is called by her children and stepchildren), with whom he had Isabella and Lavinia; then he dated Paola Marzotto, with whom he had Carlo, and then again he returned to his wife, and they had Matilde. Then again he returned dating Paola, and had Beatrice. Now Don Ferdinando is still married to his wife Marion; he refers to Marion and Paola as "the two women of his life".

She is not Princess; only the head of the Borromeo Family is Prince (of Angera).

he refers to Marion and Paola as "the two women of his life".

I saw a man on the TV today saying that his wife, with whom he's had a son, and his companion, with whom he's had a girl, are the two women of his life, and that he loves them both. He said that the two of them made the perfect woman he's always been dreaming of. Strange views!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom