Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if the third child of Prince Manfred and Princess Vittoria zu Windisch-Graetz, expected for the month of January 2009, was born already?
Thanks for any information!
Prince Brando zu Windisch-Graetz was born in January, in Rome, according to Paul Theroff's website.

Donna Sveva D'Ardia dei principi di Cursi e dei duchi di Grottaglie (daughter of Don Ricciardo D'Ardia dei principi di Cursi e dei duchi di Grottaglie and of Martha Wolf-Berardinelli) died tragically in Magliano in Toscana, near Grosseto, Italy, on 11 February. She was born in 1987 and was unmarried. (added 6 Mar 2009)

It was announced the engagement of marchesa Elena Ricci Paracciani Bergamini, the daughter of princess Maria Eleonora Massimo and a grand-daughter of HRH princess Adelaide of Savoy-Genova to a certain Magneti Marelli: is there a real guy whose name is that?

It was announced the engagement of marchesa Elena Ricci Paracciani Bergamini, the daughter of princess Maria Eleonora Massimo and a grand-daughter of HRH princess Adelaide of Savoy-Genova to a certain Magneti Marelli: is there a real guy whose name is that?

Probably the bridegroom is only a member of the Magneti Marelli's owner family, even if I knew this factory joined Fiat group many years ago.

On April 25th Ginevra Elkann (Gianni Agnelli's granddaughter) married Giovanni Gaetani dell’Aquila d’Aragona in Marrakech. The bride wore Lanvin.
Here's the link to an article in Italian (no pics, hélas):

La Stampa

Countess Lavinia Borromoeo with husband John Elkann and his brother Lapo at the opening of Lapo's shop in Saint-Tropez (France)

Lapo with girlfriend Countess Bianca brandolini d'Adda and his sister Ginevra, who's recently become a Princess Gaetani dell'Aquila d'Aragona. (source: dagospia)

Cuntess Isabella Borromeo at an event in Rome (source U. Pizzi/dagospia)

With Franca Sozzani and Corinne Cléry

Isabella

With Franca Sozzani

Isabella is the sister of Lavinia Borromeo, who's married to John Elkann, and the half sister of Beatrice Borromeo, Pierre Casiraghi's girlfriend.
Ms. Sozzani is the current companin of Alain Elkann, John's father.
Sounds more complicated than in "The bold and the beautiful"!:rolleyes:;)

Aren't Alain and Franca married?

:previous: Alain Elkann is married to Rosi Greco, but they are divorcing. They say that Franca Sozzani, that is the director of the magazine Vogue Italia, is the "reason" why they decided to divorce, .............. who knows!

oh, I had confused the two women...Thanks giov!

Susanna Agnelli has died today in Rome, aged 87.
She was the daughter of Edoardo Agnelli, son of FIAT founder Giovanni, and his wife Virginia, nèe Bourbon del Monte of the Princes of San Faustino.
Mrs Agnelli married in 1945 count Urbano Rattazzi, from whom she divorced in 1975, after having 6 children.
She also had been Minister of the Foreign Affairs of Italy between 1995 and 1996, and member of the European Parliament between 1979 and 1981.

:previous: Sad news! Susanna Agnelli was such a nice lady!

Yes, this is a very sad news. She, and all her family, was very respected in Italy.

Today has also died Don Massimo Cordero dei Marchesi di Montezemolo, father of FIAT and Ferrari President Luca Cordero di Montezemolo. He was 89, and is survived by his wife Clotilde and three sons, Luca, Marco and Daniele.

Some aristocrats attending the funeral of Susanna Agnelli:

Count Gabriele Galateri di Genola

Ginevra Elkann, who recently married Prince giovanni Gaetani dell'Aquila d'Aragona. Ginevra is the daughter of Margherita Agnelli, Susanna's niece.

Princess Ira von Fuerstenberg with Marquise Polissena di Bagno and countess Marie Brandolini d'Adda. Ira is the daughter of Clara Agnelli, one of Susanna's sisters.

Jacaranda Falck Caracciolo, the illegitimate daughter of Prince Carlo Caracciolo, who adopter her after her mother divorced Giorgio Falck.

Donna Allegra of the Princess Caracciolo di Castagneto with nephew Lapo Elkann. Allegra is the second wife of the late Umberto Agnelli, and the sister of Donna Marella, the late Gianni Agnelli's wife.

The children of Susanna Agnelli and Urbano of the Counts Rattazzi:

Priscilla of the Counts Rattazzi

Samaritana and Priscilla of the Counts Rattazzi

Samaritana and Ilaria of the Counts Rattazzi

Lupo of the Counts Rattazzi

Cristiano of the Counts Rattazzi with John and Lapo Elkann.

Count Edoardo Teodorani Fabbri with his mother Maria Sole Agnelli, one of Susanna's sisters.

All photos by Umberto Pizzi da Zagarolo/dagospia

Allegra is the second wife of the late Umberto Agnelli, and the sister of Donna Marella, the late Gianni Agnelli's wife
I have to correct you, Tosca: Allegra and Marella are not sisters, but first cousins.

:previous: You're right, MAfan! I got confused with all those family ties!:lol:

Baron Bettino Ricasoli Firidolfi has died on 17 may 2009, aged 87. He was a famous italian wine producer (Chianti wine), and descendant of Italian President of the Council of Ministers Baron Bettino Ricasoli.

I guess he was the husband of Donna Laura of the Princes Ruffo di Calabria (1921-1972), elder sister of Queen Paola of the Belgians, and the godfather of Prince Laurent of Belgium; since I have not found any confirmation of these facts, can someone confirm it?

:previous:I found this note:

1.1.2.Donna Laura Ruffo di Calabria (1921-1972), m.1946 Bettino, Baron Ricasoli Firidolfi Zanchini Marsuppini Acciaiuoli Salviati (*1922)

from this website

Yes, and they had together 4 children: Andrea (died in 1982), Luisa, Maria Teresa and Giovanni Francesco.
In the obituary I have read (Ofisa Onoranze Funebri - Firenze,Toscana | Ricasoli Firidolfi Bettino 17 Maggio 2009) is written that he left Costanza, Luisa, Maria Teresa and Francesco; two names (meybe three) coincide, Luisa, Maria Teresa and maybe Francesco, but about the fourth one, Costanza, I don't know who is she...

Baron Bettino Ricasoli Firidolfi has died on 17 may 2009, aged 87. He was a famous italian wine producer (Chianti wine), and descendant of Italian President of the Council of Ministers Baron Bettino Ricasoli.

I guess he was the husband of Donna Laura of the Princes Ruffo di Calabria (1921-1972), elder sister of Queen Paola of the Belgians, and the godfather of Prince Laurent of Belgium; since I have not found any confirmation of these facts, can someone confirm it?
The late Baron Bettino Ricasoli Firidolfi was the husband of Laura Ruffo di Calabria, with whom he had four children: Andrea (died in 1982), Maria Teresa, Luisa and Francesco. After the death of Laura, he married secondly to Costanza Romanelli, a descendant of italian sculptor Raffaello Romanelli (author of a monument to King Carol I of Romania in Pelesch and of a monument to Tsar Alexander II)

Hey, I am here.
Mind your language now.
I am a good friend of princess Maria Isabella di Savoia-Genova.

LOL, honestly, I am her friend by telephone, we started talking 7 years ago but we´ve never met. She´s just returned from Europe where she´s gone for a wedding of a princess´ Massimo daughter. It seems it was FANTASTIC, in the Massimo´s castle, close to Firenze. The duke of Aosta was there. Princess Maria Isabella has a very good relationship with him and his children

Do you refer to the wedding of marquess Ricci Parracciani? Do you exactly know the name of the groom (a Marelli?) ? Did the wedding occured at La Suvera castle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom