Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
ItalyBorromeoFamily1938a.jpg

Borromeo Princely Family, Line 2, Coat of Arms

Welcome to part 2 of Italian Noble and Princely Families

Part 1 can be found here.

Does anyone have any updates or photos on the Ruspoli family? - Maria Pia Ruspoli or her daughter Giacinta Ruspoli.

I read in Part 1 of this thread of a woman here in Mass. called Contessa Aurora Fraggianni who was having a movie put out about her in 2004 also a biography of her was being written and was to be out in the Autumn of 2004. Has anyone any information on this movie and/or book ?
There seemed to be a lot of controversy about this woman from Natick (I think) but I would like to know more of what ever became of this.... any clues?

I have read more and dug up more on this Countessa Fragianni. It is an interesting story but is it all legal? I thought that in our US Courts it is illegal to impersonate a royal. I may be wrong, I am not sure. I do know this story seems really like a colander....full of holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another original getup of marquise Marina Ripa di Meana at the Venice Film Festival (U. Pizzi/dagospia)

Olympia de Rothschild

Thre are more recent photos (about 3) of Olympia de Rothschild and her husband David on Isifa. Type in Rothschild. You can enlarge photos.

The cream of Italian nobility (from left to right):

Princess Myrta Barberini Colonna di Sciarra, Prince Carlo Giovanelli and Princess Marta Brivio Sforza

dagospia

Thanks, tunney11. I did find them. They're great ! I love the way the Rothschild women dress, especially in the seventies. They had a style all their own, conservative and flamboyant at the same time, whis is hard to achieve, but when you look back, it still jaw-dropping. And I think Olimpia fitted right in. I wonder if she influenced the Rothschild women or they influenced her. A little bit of both probably.
Also, Eva Green's dress at the recent Rothschild party was fabulous !
I cannot enlarge the pictures on my screen. It says I need to register. Do you, or someone, have clippings of Olimpia's wedding that you could scan ? Or any picture you find of Olimpia, in larger format than the one available on Isifa ?
Thanks a million !

Olympia de Rothschild-Isifa

You do not have to be a member to enlarge the photos on Isifa.
For example, after you search Rothschild, and get a list of stamp size photos..Hit the down arrow under left side of the photo, then it will bring up a little larger photo,... then double click the photo & it will enlarge a bit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much tunney11! Olimpia must be one or two years old than princess Caroline, and looks like as if she was her mother. Too bad she hasn't aged well! She was so beautiful when young!

Olympia de Rothschild

Olympia wears very littile makeup. In addition, her oldest child was born in the late 1970's with perm medical problems ( I think blind) so mabye the stess and worry of that has aged her.

It's too bad, because from 1974 to about 1981 she was in the fashion magazines alot (WWD, Vogue..front row at the Paris fashion shows,top parties in Paris) and was on the International Best Dressed list. I read that after the illness of the daughter she withdrew from public life, & maybe lost interest dessing up.

Urbano Barberini???

Hi there! Does anyone have any information on Urbano Barberini? I have seen him in several films over the years, but have not been able to find much information about him on the web at all. I have found him listed as a Prince, but generally when you look him up, he is not titled. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Barberini

From Wikipedia:

The family patriarch, Augusto Barberini, continues to hold the title of Prince of Palestrina, and unlike many of his noble peers, still inhabits the palace and farms the agricultural land from which his title derives. The family also maintains a residence in Rome. Of the four children of the Prince and Princess, Urbano Barberini is a film actor and Francesca Barberini is an author and historian of art.

Here you can find few pics of Prince Urbano Riario Sforza Barberini Colonna di Sciarra:
Olycom - News

His mother Princess Mirta Barberini was a gorgeous girl, who had the then Prince Albert of Liège and the then Prince Juan Carlos of Spain among her suitors.

Here are some scanned pics of Urbano and his current fiancée Viviana, taken from this week's issue of DIVAeDONNA.

1 2 3 4

Urbano's mother Princess Myrta Barberini Colonna di Sciarra in a pic from the '60s

with his ex girlfriend Alessandra Martines in the '80s. Alessandra is an ex ballerina at La Scala Theater of Milan. She is currently married to French director Claude Lelouch, and has a daughter with him. She's become an actress and is the second cousin of ex supermodel Carla Bruni the present wife of Sarkozy.

(All pics were scanned by me from the book Once upon a time by Slim Aarons; Abrams, publishers)

Princess Laudomia Hercolani
, 1960. She was 21 or 21 on this photo.
Laudomia was born Princess of Dargo, and married Prince Andrea Hercolani, Prince of Bologna.

Princess Colonna with her son Prospero, in the gallery of the Palazzo Colonna.

Donna Domitilla Ruspoli, Palazzo Ruspolli, Rome, 1960

Donna Anna Monroy di Giampilieri in the early-Empire drawing room of the Villa spedalotto, near Palermo, 1984

Thanks for the pics, Regina! If I'm not mistaken Donna Laudomia was one of the "queens" of Rome's nightlife back in the '60s

Duchess Ines Theodoli Torlonia at an event in Rome:

U. Pizzi/dagospia

Thanks for the pics, Regina! If I'm not mistaken Donna Laudomia was one of the "queens" of Rome's nightlife back in the '60s

The book says Donna Laudomia and her husband Prince Andrea Hercolani were the best looking couple in Europe. No one could touch them. :) Jack Kennedy, who followed Slim Aarons work, once asked him "Slim, that shot of the Hercolani... is she really that good looking?", "Better!!", he told him.

The book says Donna Laudomia and her husband Prince Andrea Hercolani were the best looking couple in Europe. No one could touch them. :) Jack Kennedy, who followed Slim Aarons work, once asked him "Slim, that shot of the Hercolani... is she really that good looking?", "Better!!", he told him.
She and her husband divorced 1975. Do they have children?

You got me intrigued and I looked at the picture. Whao ! She looks like a very pretty Francoise Sagan. And also someone I wouldn't want to mess with. Very unusual looks, very un-bimbo of any kind, very aristocratic and proud. If she had been an actress, she would have been an award-winning actress, no doubt. Lots of character ! Although I don't see her as Jack Kennedy's style, from the biographies I've read of him and the women he seemed to like, except of course for his lovely wife. Well, she would have been some challenge for him, she looks more like a star from the thirties, early forties. Anyway, thanks for the picture, a delight !

She and her husband divorced 1975. Do they have children?

berry, they do have a daughter, Donna Orsina, who was born on October 09 1953, in Rome.

You got me intrigued and I looked at the picture. Whao ! She looks like a very pretty Francoise Sagan. And also someone I wouldn't want to mess with. Very unusual looks, very un-bimbo of any kind, very aristocratic and proud. If she had been an actress, she would have been an award-winning actress, no doubt. Lots of character ! Although I don't see her as Jack Kennedy's style, from the biographies I've read of him and the women he seemed to like, except of course for his lovely wife. Well, she would have been some challenge for him, she looks more like a star from the thirties, early forties. Anyway, thanks for the picture, a delight !

I like that picture so much too! :flowers: Her eyes show such strength of character, like if she was saying that she could conquer the world. Princess Laudomia presides the Board of ESO (European School of Oncology).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom