Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two deaths among the Alliata family:

Don Francesco Alliata, Prince of Villafranca, Prince of the Holy Roman Empire, Duke of Salaparuta, Grandee of Spain, etc., died on 1 July 2015, aged 95.
He was born in Palermo in 17 November 1919, the second son of Don Gabriele Alliata, Prince of Villafranca, etc., and of his wife, née Donna Vittoria San Martino Ramandetta.
He was married firstly to Teresa Correale Santacroce, from 1949 until their divorce in 1984; they became parents of one daughter, Donna Vittoria Alliata.
In 1985 he remarried to Adelaide Bellingardi.
He succeeded in 1979 to his childless elder brother Giuseppe as the Head of the family and to all his titles.
He is survived by his wife and his daughter. His successor in his titles is his nephew Don Gabriele Alliata (son of his younger brother Don Raimondo).
He was a film producer and director, as well as the owner of the magnificient villa Alliata in Bagheria (Sicily), where he lived and died.
Morto Alliata il principe del cinema - IlGiornale.it

---

His cousin Donna Topazia Alliata died on 23 November 2015, aged 102.
She was born on 5 September 1913, the eldest of the two daughters of Prince Don Enrico Alliata and of his wife, née Sonia de Ortuzar.
She married in 1935 to Fosco Maraini (1912-2004), a renowned photographer, anthropologist, ethnologist, writer, mountaineer and academic. They had three daughters together: Dacia (also a renowned writer), Yuki and Toni. They divorced in the late 1960s.
Donna Topazia was herself a writer, as well as a painter and art dealer.
Morta a 102 anni Topazia Alliata,madre della scrittrice Dacia Maraini - Corriere.it

Count Don Giammaria Visconti di Modrone, of the Dukes of Grazzano Visconti and Counts of Lonate Pozzolo, died today 3 December 2015 after a long illness, aged 80.

He was born 7 May 1935, the second and youngest child of Don Luigi Visconti di Modrone (who in 1942 succeeded as Duke of Grazzano Visconti) and of his first wife, née Countess Maddalena Arrivabene-Valenti-Gonzaga. He had an older brother, Barnabò, who died earlied this year.
He was married from 1962 until her death to his first cousin Donna Violante Caracciolo, of the Princes of Castagneto and Dukes of Melito (1943-2003); they were parents of one son, Don Luchino, and one daughter, Donna Verde.

È morto Visconti di ModroneIl nobile con la passione dell’Inter - Corriere.it
Addio al conte di Grazzano Gianmaria Visconti di Modrone

Marisa Allasio (born Maria Luisa Lucia Allasio on 14 July 1936), is a beautiful italian actress of the 1950s.

She appeared in nearly twenty pictures between 1952 and 1958.
She was one of the most beautiful italian actress of all time.

She was considered as a typical sex symbol during her film career, which she abandoned in 1958 after marrying Count Pier Francesco Calvi di Bergolo (born 22 December 1933), son of Princess Iolanda of Savoy, first-born of King Vittorio Emanuele III and Queen Elena and nephew of King Umberto II and Queen Maria José.

They had two children, Carlo Giorgio Dmitri Drago Maria Laetitia dei Conti Calvi di Bergolo (born 1959, Rome) and Anda Federica Angelica Maria dei Conti Calvi di Bergolo (born 1962, Rome).

Photos of beautiful countess Marisa:

marisa_allasio-12.jpg Photo by francomac123 | Photobucket

https://www.dagospia.com/img/foto/09-2011/marisa-allasio-125654.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3727/11207693636_7beed10567_b.jpg

Here Marisa and her husband Pier Francesco:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Marisa as a model:

https://iv1.lisimg.com/image/9167434/472full-marisa-allasio.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VrNxBgG0...LUs/HuBu7pdEqLw/s1600/Marisa+Allasio+(17).jpg

Magazine covers:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/05/0f/c6/050fc610735dd5d81192947106d36e38.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DA5hBXIb...ALTw/yOr0ne_0nYA/s1600/Marisa+Allasio+(1).JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kM9GTD_j...ALVw/CPDAKudApoI/s1600/Marisa+Allasio+(5).JPG

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/87/de/f1/87def174086c0a9283cd7c39ed6ca992.jpg

Countess Marisa with children:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o_jdzEzD...ALVk/eapWpagA7mI/s1600/Marisa+Allasio+(4).JPG

Countess Marisa in 1974:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8fVnFQyo...ALVs/ShB12TFvyNo/s1600/Marisa+Allasio+(6).JPG

Beautiful Countess Marisa:

https://medias.myfrenchfilmfestival.com/medias/109/37/140653/format_page/marisa-allasio.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qpk1eRSB...LT4/Fb-q37q_7a0/s1600/Marisa+Allasio+(10).jpg

https://www.glamourgirlsofthesilverscreen.com/t.php?id=8279

https://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/9667/10517703_1.jpg

Marisa Allasio today in Genoa - Italy:

La "Vespa" ha 70 anni, a Genova la celebra anche Marisa Allasio - 1 di 1 - Genova - Repubblica.it

A very rare 1991 interview of Marisa Allasio Countess Calvi di Bergolo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--o_ZVPDh4

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got the anti-Borromeo.;)

Donna Giacinta of the Princes Ruspoli is running with a catholic right wing list of candidates at Rome's next local elections.

Giacinta Ruspoli

Houses & yacht

Hi, Count, in what house he lived Prince Alliata when he was in Palermo? It 'true that spent much time at the Grand Hotel, had a yacht? and what was his name?
I would like elements about his private life on his houses, and habits, for a book I'm writing.

Thancks a lot.

Prince Don Giovanni Del Drago, Prince of Antuni and of Mazzano, died during the night between 28 and 29 May 2016 in Roma, after a long illness, aged 82.

He was born in Bolsena on 8 September 1933, the eldest child and only son of Don Rodolfo Del Drago and of his wife, née Anne Marie Wallace. He succeeded to his uncle Urbano as Prince Del Drago, Prince of Antuni and of Mazzano, when the latter died in 1959.
He was unmarried and without issue. He is survived by his sister, Donna Maria Angelica.
He was also the adoptive son of Donna Ornella Ravaschieri Fieschi, of the Dukes of Roccapiemonte (1904-2004); she was his father's cousin and the last descendant of the Ravaschieri Fieschi family; after the adoption he changed his surname, which became Ravaschieri Fieschi Del Drago. Donna Ornella had been the first wife of Prince Karl von Schönburg-Waldenburg, himself the only son of Prince Friedrich von Schönburg-Waldenburg and his first wife Princess Alicia de Borbon.

E' morto il principe Giovanni del Drago - Tusciaweb.eu

I believe that he will be succeeded in his titles by his second cousin, once removed, Don Clemente del Drago, Marquess of Riofreddo (b. 1947); he is married to Donna Priscilla Matarazzo (of the Counts of Licosa) and is the father of two sons, Don Ferdinando and Don Alessandro.

Carlo Borromeo (brother of Beatrice) and his wife Marta Ferri had a daughter Alma, a sister for little Cristoforo.

Where can I find out information about the family of Don Fabio, 3rd Prince di Leonforte and Giacaranda Caracciolo di Melito-Falck?

10b) Giuseppe Borghese, Duca di Poggio Nativo (Frascati 23 Jun 1859-Rome 3 Feb 1942); m.1st Naples 19 Nov 1882 Donna Stefanina Statella, Pss di Cassaro, di Sabuci, etc (Naples 27 Jan 1861-Rome 6 Jan 1884); m.2nd Florence 5 May 1886 Maria Ctsa Covoni-Girolami (Florence 22 Aug 1865-Rome 3 Jul 1948)

1c) Genoveffa, Pss di Cassaro, Pss di Sabuci, etc (Rome 7 Dec 1883-Nettuno 29 Oct 1922); m.Montevettolini 16 Jul 1905 Don Rodolfo Borghese Pr di Nettuno (abovd)

2c) Pr (1936) Marcello (Naples 9 May 1887-Rome 26 Jan 1968); m.London 14 Sep 1921 Maria Cornelia Connely (Florence 21 Dec 1885- )

3c) Pr Gian Giacomo Paolo Luigi Baldassare Rosario (Marliano 25 Jul 1889-Palermo 28 Sep 1954); m.Palermo 7 Jan 1922 Donna Sofia Lanza Branciforte, Pss di Leonforte (Palermo 3 Mar 1896-Rome 20 Dec 1984)

1d) Pr Alessandro Romano Maria Ignazio Manfredi Giulio Giuseppe Pietro Camillo Gabriele Rosalia Lucia Zanobi Baldassare Cirillo, Pr di Leonforte (Palermo 9 Feb 1924-Rome 2 Jul 1994); m.Monaco 7 Jul 1962 Fabrizia dei Conti Citterio (b.Milan 21 Mar 1938)

1e) Alessandra Romana (b.Rome 25 Sep 1963); m.(div 1987) Constantinos Niarchos (1962-1998)

2e) Pr Fabio Maria Giuseppe, Pr di Leonforte (b.Rome 7 Jun 1965); m.Garavicchio 22 Jun 1996 Giacaranda Carraciolo-Falck

1f) Alessandro (b.Milan 3 Jul 1997)

2f) Sofia (1998)

3f) India (b.Oct 2002)

3e) Benedetta Maria Paola (b.Rome 28 Oct 1971); m.Montevettolini 30 Jun 2001 Guido Briganti

4e) Francesca Romana Maria (b.Geneva 12 Mar 1975); m.Regaleali 26 Jun 1999 Alberto Mastrogiovanni-Tasca dei conti d'Almerita (b.Palermo 14 Dec 1971)

Last edited:
10b) Giuseppe Borghese, Duca di Poggio Nativo (Frascati 23 Jun 1859-Rome 3 Feb 1942); m.1st Naples 19 Nov 1882 Donna Stefanina Statella, Pss di Cassaro, di Sabuci, etc (Naples 27 Jan 1861-Rome 6 Jan 1884); m.2nd Florence 5 May 1886 Maria Ctsa Covoni-Girolami (Florence 22 Aug 1865-Rome 3 Jul 1948)

1c) Genoveffa, Pss di Cassaro, Pss di Sabuci, etc (Rome 7 Dec 1883-Nettuno 29 Oct 1922); m.Montevettolini 16 Jul 1905 Don Rodolfo Borghese Pr di Nettuno (abovd)

2c) Pr (1936) Marcello (Naples 9 May 1887-Rome 26 Jan 1968); m.London 14 Sep 1921 Maria Cornelia Connely (Florence 21 Dec 1885- )

3c) Pr Gian Giacomo Paolo Luigi Baldassare Rosario (Marliano 25 Jul 1889-Palermo 28 Sep 1954); m.Palermo 7 Jan 1922 Donna Sofia Lanza Branciforte, Pss di Leonforte (Palermo 3 Mar 1896-Rome 20 Dec 1984)

1d) Pr Alessandro Romano Maria Ignazio Manfredi Giulio Giuseppe Pietro Camillo Gabriele Rosalia Lucia Zanobi Baldassare Cirillo, Pr di Leonforte (Palermo 9 Feb 1924-Rome 2 Jul 1994); m.Monaco 7 Jul 1962 Fabrizia dei Conti Citterio (b.Milan 21 Mar 1938)

1e) Alessandra Romana (b.Rome 25 Sep 1963); m.(div 1987) Constantinos Niarchos (1962-1998)

2e) Pr Fabio Maria Giuseppe, Pr di Leonforte (b.Rome 7 Jun 1965); m.Garavicchio 22 Jun 1996 Giacaranda Carraciolo-Falck

1f) Alessandro (b.Milan 3 Jul 1997)

2f) Sofia (1998)

3f) India (b.Oct 2002)

3e) Benedetta Maria Paola (b.Rome 28 Oct 1971); m.Montevettolini 30 Jun 2001 Guido Briganti

4e) Francesca Romana Maria (b.Geneva 12 Mar 1975); m.Regaleali 26 Jun 1999 Alberto Mastrogiovanni-Tasca dei conti d'Almerita (b.Palermo 14 Dec 1971)

Thanks for the information. :flowers:
This is an important family of Italy? Do you know of any site where I can read the story of this family?

Don Carlo (of the Princes) Giovanelli died in Rome on 25 September 2016, aged 74.

He was the second and youngest son of Prince Giuseppe Giovanelli and of his wife, née Countess Franca Giulia Fogaccia. He was born on 14 January 1942 in Rome.
He married in 1966 to Donna Maria Elettra (of the Marquesses) Marconi (born on 30 July 1930), the daughter of Guglielmo Marconi (1st Marquess Marconi and the inventor of wireless telegraphy) by his second wife, née Donna Maria Cristina (of the Marquesses) Bezzi Scali. They became parents of one son, Guglielmo Giuseppe Giovanelli Marconi (he at a point took both the surnames of his parents).
IIRC, later Don Carlo and Donna Elettra divorced, although she keeps referring as his wife (i.e. in his death announcement she is referred to as his wife).
He is survived by his (former?) wife Elettra, their son Guglielmo with his wife Vittoria (née Rubini), his wife Prince Alberto Giovanelli with his wife Letizia (née Caproni, of the Counts of Taliedo) and their daughters.
He was better known in Italy as a socialite.

His funeral was celebrated on 28 September 2016 at the Church of S. Carlo in Roma.
The ceremony was attended - beside the relatives - by Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy, Prince Raimondo Orsini d'Aragona and his wife Kethevane (née Princess Bagration-Moukhrani), Marchioness Marina Ripa di Meana.

Addio al principe Giovanelli, nobili romani ai funerali dell'ultimo dei mondani - Spettacoli - Repubblica.it
Funerali del principe Giovanelli, amici e parenti per l'ultimo saluto - Corriere.it

He was Don Filippo of the Princes Corsini, born on 14 March 1995; he was the eldest child and only son of Don Duccio Corsini and of his wife, née Donna Clotilde Trentinaglia de Daverio. His paternal and namesake grandfather, Prince Filippo Corsini, Prince of Sismano, is the current head of the Corsini Family.

How horrible and also terribly tragic and sad!

Horrible news!
Having to bury your own child and grandchild is so contrary to the logic, so unimaginable...
RIP young man:verysad::verysad::verysad::easter:

MAfan , You have the Princes Corsini (Firenze) and the Princes Orsini (Venise).
Who is the head of the two houses ?

:italyflag3:
How immensely cruel to take this beautifull young life.
How devastatingly sad for the Orsini Family.

R.I.P.

What a horrible death and what a nightmare for his family, especially his poor parents who must be inconsolable.:sad:

MAfan , You have the Princes Corsini (Firenze) and the Princes Orsini (Venise).
Who is the head of the two houses ?
They are two different houses.
Corsini family is based in Firenze; its head is Prince Filippo Corsini, Prince of Sismano, Duke of Civitella, etc. (born in 1937), who is the grandfather and namesake of the late Don Filippo who died a few days ago.
Prince Filippo is married to Giorgiana Avogadro, of the Counts of Valdengo (who is also his maternal first cousin). They are parents of three daughters (Elena, Nencia and Elisabetta) and one son, Duccio (the father of the late Don Filippo).

As for the Orsini family, its head is Prince Domenico Napoleone Orsini, Prince of the Holy Roman Empire, Duke of Gravina, etc. (born in 1948).
He is married to Martine Bernheim (daughter of banker Antoine Bernheim and previously widow of François-Abraham-Michel Mayer); they are parents of two daughters, Donna Leontia and Donna Cajetana.

"Should we start calling her Countess Jessica Chastain? Not just yet.
Chastain, 40, has tied the knot with longtime boyfriend Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo, who comes from a noble Italian family that has a history that dates back to early Medieval times. But that doesn’t mean that the two-time Oscar-nominee is officially a member of the aristocracy."

I was mildly interested in this wedding so thanks for the info. Apparently, the family is not exactly rich or they wouldn't be "selling produce" and "renting out" their home and he merely works for someone. Clearly, Jessica didn't marry him for his vast fortune.:ROFLMAO: However, she is an a-list movie star so she might be the one with the fortune. Gian Luca is amazingly handsome so, good for Jessica. Much happiness to the couple.

Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007-

HSH Prince Nicolò Boncompagni-Ludovisi, 10th Prince of Piombino, etc., born Rome 21-1-1941, died there 9-3-2018

IMG_8009.jpg

Last edited:
Italy's Princess of princesses Maria Laudomia Hercolani del Drago has died.

Dagospia

She is my cousin...and a disgrace to the family.

I read in Part 1 of this thread of a woman here in Mass. called Contessa Aurora Fraggianni who was having a movie put out about her in 2004 also a biography of her was being written and was to be out in the Autumn of 2004. Has anyone any information on this movie and/or book ?
There seemed to be a lot of controversy about this woman from Natick (I think) but I would like to know more of what ever became of this.... any clues?

I have read more and dug up more on this Countessa Fragianni. It is an interesting story but is it all legal? I thought that in our US Courts it is illegal to impersonate a royal. I may be wrong, I am not sure. I do know this story seems really like a colander....full of holes.

Dawn or Aurora as she calls herself now...unfortunately, is my cousin. This is not the first time I found people trashing her on royal sites and quite honestly the rest of the family and myself are thrilled to see it!
Awn is a horrendous person, from having an innocent man sent to jail for supposedly raping her to not raising her own children (because she was unfit and they were taken from her) to her supposed ‘love affair and engagement’ to Prince Albert of Monaco. She’s NEARLY 100% percent delusional. What had me finally blocked from her repulsive and hysterical Facebook which is just littered with hideous photos of her ugly self was when I said ‘The only reason Prince Albert may know who you are is because you have been placed on the palace watch list...which his gorgeous wife must appreciate.” And that is true, she was placed on the palace watch list because instead of saving her money to buy a home, instead of rent an apartment, or spend her money on her CHILDREN, she was out buying tacky gowns, party store tiaras, airplane tickets, and gala event tickets to where Prince Albert was to be. She is sick and delusional. In addition, when she did get her daughter backher lies spread to making her daughter believe that one day they would live happily ever after in a Castle. She needs a mental health evaluation, stat.
As you can see, the rest of the family can actually spell! On that note, my grandmother Emma VivoAmore was one of the Counts 9 children...so, for her to say she was the last remaining VivoAmore is so far from reality it’s laughable. She is an absolute outcast. No one in the entire family has a thing to do with her. We all know we are descendants of the Count...none of us want fame or profit. Also, most of us are far more attractive than that train wreck, it’s embarrassing that she was the one to visit the Castle and the village because, wow! What a poor representation!! A Contess living in an apartment, at times on public assistance, an unfit mother and a liar. Makes me want to rush right back to Italy and visit my great-grandfathers roots...not with her as the first impression they have!! And, I actually speak Italian, Dawn. Something you may have wanted to learn due to the fact that you’re so very interested in your heritage and visiting your ‘homeland’. I went on vacation in Rome and brushed up on my Italian to be RESPECTFUL...something you are incapable of. They threw you a huge gala and you couldn’t even thank them in their own language?!
Someone was commenting on her ex-friend and his bitterness...well, he had every right to be bitter. I had a chance to get to know Lance before he passed away. He had a heart of gold and she did nothing but use and abuse him. He was kind enough to send me all sorts of documents and photos of my ancestors. She leaves a trail of destruction wherever she goes and it saddens me the followers that eat up her every word on Facebook. If anyone hasn’t had the chance to check that out, it’s worth the endless laughs!!! I know she will read this, she follows any attention she can get.
I hope this clears some things up....if you have further questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom