Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Countess Anna de Pahlen was a guest at the July 5th, 2014 wedding of Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta. :rose2::rose2:

Few photos of Lavinia Borromeo with her husband John Elkann and their daughter.
Olycom - News

Who is Lavinia Borromeo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only her, but also her sisters were (as well as many members of Italian noble families).

Don Marco Torlonia, 6th Prince of Civitella Cesi, passed away on 5 December 2014, aged 77.

He was born at Rome on 2 July 1937, the second child and eldest son of Don Alessandro Torlonia, 5th Prince of Civitella Cesi, and of his wife, née HRH Infanta Beatriz of Spain. Through his mother, he was a first cousin to King Juan Carlos of Spain; he also was uncle to Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg.
He married three times; firstly in 1960 to Donna Orsetta Caracciolo, of the Princes of Castagneto and Dukes of Melito; secondly in 1968, soon after the death of his first wife, to Philippa McDonald, until they divorced in 1985; and thirdly, in 1985, to Blazena Svitakova. He had one child by each of his wives.

Fallece Marco Torlonia, primo hermano del rey Juan Carlos y tío de Alessandro Lequio
Torlonia

Don Marco Torlonia, 6th Prince of Civitella Cesi, passed away on 5 December 2014, aged 77.

He was born at Rome on 2 July 1937, the second child and eldest son of Don Alessandro Torlonia, 5th Prince of Civitella Cesi, and of his wife, née HRH Infanta Beatriz of Spain. Through his mother, he was a first cousin to King Juan Carlos of Spain; he also was uncle to Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg.
He married three times; firstly in 1960 to Donna Orsetta Caracciolo, of the Princes of Castagneto and Dukes of Melito; secondly in 1968, soon after the death of his first wife, to Philippa McDonald, until they divorced in 1985; and thirdly, in 1985, to Blazena Svitakova. He had one child by each of his wives.

Fallece Marco Torlonia, primo hermano del rey Juan Carlos y tío de Alessandro Lequio
Torlonia
Photos from funeral of prince Marco Torlonia.
Álex Lequio acude con su abuela Sandra al funeral de su tío abuelo Marco Torlonia.

H.S.H. Princess Donna Francesca Romana Orsini and of the Holy Roman Empire, Duchess of Gravina, née Bonacossi, Marchioness and Countess of S. Michele Arcangelo, passed away on 14 December 2014. She was 88.

She was born in Padova on 18 March 1926, the youngest of the two daughters of Count Taino Bonacossi, Marquess and Count of S. Michele Arcangelo, and of his wife, née Donna Carolina de Zara, of the Counts of Serra.
She married in 1946 to H.S.H. Prince Don Filippo Orsini and of the Holy Roman Empire, 21st Duke of Gravina, etc. (1920-1984). They became parents of two sons, Domenico Napoleone (the current Prince Orsini and Duke of Gravina) and Benedetto, and one daughter, Ildegarda (who died soon after the birth).
In 1958 Prince Orsini - who was one of the highest ranking officials at the papal Court - caused a huge scandal, when he fled from home with his then mistress, American actress Belinda Lee.
Though they separated, Don Filippo and Donna Francesca never divorced. The Prince died in Rome in 1984.

Morti 2014 - BONACOSSI FRANCESCA - Gazzetta di Mantova - 558534

Count Don Giberto Borromeo-Arese, Prince of Angera, passed away on 16 February 2015 at Milano, Italy. He was 82.

He was born on 21 November 1932, the eldest son and second child of Count Don Vitaliano Borromeo, Prince of Angera, and of his wife Ida, née Taverna (of the Counts of Landriano).
He was married since 1958 to Bona Orlando, by whom he had two sons, Vitaliano and Federico.

He is survived by his wife, their sons, their daughters-in-law, four grandchildren, as well as by his two siblings.

La Stampa - Addio al principe Giberto Borromeo Arese

His funeral was celebrated at the Church of Santa Maria della Passione in Milan on 18 February, followed by the burial in the family grave at the cemetery of Arona.

La Stampa - L’addio al principe Giberto con le camelie delle sue isole

His younger brother, Count Don Carlo Borromeo, is the father - among the others - of Lavinia Elkann, Princess Matilde zu Fürstenberg and of Beatrice Borromeo, fiancée of Pierre Casiraghi. All they attended the funeral.

I wonder if Pierre Casiraghi will be among the close family without any official engagement or wedding annoucement.

I suppose he is regarded as such. According to the newspaper article about the funeral, that I have posted, Pierre attended it with Beatrice, her sisters and their husbands.

There is a little information about italian aristocracy of our days.

I don't exactly know where to post it, but I came across instagram of an " apparently" italian noble ( judging his surname and prefix " di") Jordan di Lungarini.

I googled, but I haven't found any concrete information.

Could it happen that he has noble roots?

Link below:

INK361 - A web interface for Instagram and so much more.

The prefix "di" or "de" before a surname per se doesn't mean that the family is noble.
There was a family from Sicily (IIRC) that has/had among its titles that of Marquess of Lungarini, but I don't know anything about the genealogy of that family, whether it is stille extant or not and who it's members are.

Thank you for reply.

Neither found I anything specific.

"di" means "son (daughter) of"

Di Gregorio (son of Gregory)
Di Bernardo (son of Bernhard)
Di Giovanni (son of John)
Di Nardo (son of Leonard)
Di Ruggiero (son of Roger)

For me Di Lungarini means: son of Hungarians (del ungharesi) in the course of times abbreviated to Di Lungarini.

Thank you for detailed explanation.

So maybe this Instagram Lungarini just uses an apparent "di" for noble reasons, if that's his real surname of couse.

Thank you for detailed explanation.

So maybe this Instagram Lungarini just uses an apparent "di" for noble reasons, if that's his real surname of couse.

Well "di" does not necessarily indicate nobility. Just a grab of Italian noble surnames: Notarbartolo, d'Ondes, Paternò Castello, Aldobrandini, Colonna, Lucchesi Palli, Rospigliosi, Borghese, Ruspoli, Chigi, Torlonia, Pallavicini, etc. All very blueblooded, without "di"...

:flowers:

Last edited:
Does anyone know the name of the baby of Marta Ferri and Carlo Borromeo?

Carlo Borromeo (b.11 March 1982) [son of Carlo Borromeo, Count of Arona (b.1935) and Countess Paola Marzotto (b.1955)] & his wife Marta, nee Ferri (b.1984) [daughter of Fabrizio Ferri and his wife Barbara, nee Frua] had their first child, Cristoforo, sometime this year.

For Countess Paola it's a debut as a grandma, whereas the Count of Arona has eight more grandchildren.

Source: https://sites.google.com/site/myroyalworld/2015-genealogical-information

Don Carlo has eight more grandchildren
Daughter Isabella, married to Ugo dei Conti Brachetti Peretti, has one daughter Angera and two sons Ludovico and Federico.
Lavinia, married to Jaci Elkan has two sons Leone and Oceano and one daughter Vita
Matilde married to Prince Antonius von Fürstenberg has two sons Carl Egon and Alexander

Ah thanks :flowers:
Well together with Sasha, his new sister and Raphaël, Beatrice and Pierre have nice pool of nieces and nephews to choose from when they have to pick their bridesmaids and pages!

Well the most important nephew and niece, Jacques and Gabriella will be to small for being page and bridesmaid

They aren't a niece and nephew of Pierre but his cousins like Louis Pauline and Camille.

Last edited:
They are Pierre's cousins, but they will probably call him "uncle" when they grow older, for the reason of a generation's age difference.

Jacques will become one day the ruler. I do not think that he will grow up calling his cousin "uncle"

A form "Serene Highness" is now used only in contact with subjects or officials. In their own family circle royals also use words "uncle, "aunt" while talking with a much older relative, like in a "normal" family.

Don Barnabò Visconti di Modrone, Duke of Grazzano Visconti, Count of Lonate Pozzolo, passed away on 12 June 2015, aged 85.

He was born on 11 march 1930, the eldest son of Don Luigi Visconti di Modrone (who in 1942 succeeded as Duke of Grazzano Visconti) and of his first wife, née Countess Maddalena Arrivabene-Valenti-Gonzaga.
He marrie three times: firstly to Luciana (of the Marquesses) Avati; secondly to Marta Nistri Ranelletti; thirdly to Francesca Scarsini. He had a daughter and a son, Violante and Gian Galeazzo, by his first wife and two daughters, Ilaria and Valentina, by his second wife.
He is survived by his four children, their spouses and ten grandchildren.

BARNABÒ VISCONTI DI MODRONE - Scheda Defunto - Necrologi Corriere della Sera

Thanks, that was an interesting read, the necrologies in the Corriere della Sera. Why is the late Barnabò more referred with his title Visconti di Modrone than with (on first sight) the more senior title Duca di Grazzano Visconti?

Last edited:
Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007-

Thanks, that was an interesting read, the necrologies in the Corriere della Sera. Why is the late Barnabò more referred with his title Visconti di Modrone than with (on first sight) the more senior title Duca di Grazzano Visconti?

Isn't Visconti di Modrone his surname while Duca di Grazzano Visconti is his title?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes, Visconti di Modrone is indeed the surname and Duca di Grazzano Visconti is the title (which is - besides - not officially recognized in Italy, like all noble titles in general).

After two years of dating, Francisco Calheiros and Elena Ravano decided to unite their destiny before God.
The groom is the son of the Counts of Calheiros (portuguese noble). The bride is the daughter of Rita Zanardi Landi and Paolo Ravano, a well-known family of North aristocracy of Italy. And it was in Italy held the wedding.
Wedding photos:
http://www.vip.pt/sites/default/file...?itok=yhnwOM9T
http://www.vip.pt/sites/default/file...?itok=ZHH8F7g8
Filho do conde de Calheiros - Casamento luxuoso e de sonho | VIP.pt

Information on the bride's family?

Last edited:
I've been reading about the Ruspoli family quite a bit recently (Dado Ruspoli and his wives and children)... I was stunned to find out that his last wife was 40 years his junior! Is there any info about her on the internet, because I'm not finding any except that she was a french model?
Also, one of Dado's sons was married to Olivia Wilde which is quite funny tome (in a good way) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom