The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Italy

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,537
Young Countess Beatrice Borromeo strolling all alone along the streets of Milan. She works for Radio 105 now.

Olycom - News
__________________

__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,107

Why is she a paparazzi subject of interest?
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,537
Because she's Pierre Casiraghi's latest flame. She was already popular in Italy because she' the daughter of Countess Marta Marzotto , and consequently the niece of Matteo Marzotto, who was involved with Naomi Campbell some time ago.
Beatrice also become a model at a very young age. Up to last Spring she appeared on the Italian TV alongside Italy's most popular anchorman Michele Santoro.

ETA: she's also the half sister of Lavinia Borromeo, who married the FIAT heir John Philip Elkann
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,107
It appears the Borromeos continue to date and marry well. I wonder if anything has really changed from centuries ago when the top 200 or so families would marry amongst themselves or with the newly rich would-be dynasties.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:51 AM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 4,230
Beatrice is not countess, because her parents are not married
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
It appears the Borromeos continue to date and marry well. I wonder if anything has really changed from centuries ago when the top 200 or so families would marry amongst themselves or with the newly rich would-be dynasties.
The so called "high" nobility in Italy still marries with wealthy noblemen/women, or in case of commoners (Elkann) quite rich! Nothing has really changed...
To be granddaughter of Marta Marzotto is also important: Marta has been, after the II WW, one of the most important "Ladies" in the theatre of the Italian high society...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
It appears the Borromeos continue to date and marry well. I wonder if anything has really changed from centuries ago when the top 200 or so families would marry amongst themselves or with the newly rich would-be dynasties.
Apparently nothing has changed since.

Marta Marzotto at the opening of an antique exhibition in Rome.

Count Gelasio Gaetani dell'Aquila d'Aragona Lovatelli with daughter Jacobella (l) and Polimnia Salviati at the same event.

Marquise Ginevra Cavalletti Carassi del Villar with Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.

Princess Mizina Massimo

All pics are from dagospia/by U. Pizzi da Zagarolo
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Beatrice is not countess, because her parents are not married
She is not a member of a royal family, it doesn't matter if their parents are married or not. She is the recognized daughter of Count Don Carlo Borromeo-Arese of the princes of Angera and Nobile Paola Marzotto of the counts of Valdagno.
Officially she is: Donna Beatrice Borromeo-Arese of the princes of Angera, she has not the title of countess because in the Borromeo family this title of only for the males and their wives.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:17 AM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 4,230
However she has no rights to any title and style of the Borromeo family, because of she is an illegitimate daughter of theyr parents, who recognized her but who are not married.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,107
MAfan, you may be technically correct but beside the point. Titled or not, she bears the Borromeo surname and that is what counts.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:25 AM
giov's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 2,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
However she has no rights to any title and style of the Borromeo family, because of she is an illegitimate daughter of theyr parents, who recognized her but who are not married.
What do you mean when you say she has no right to the style of the Borromeo family?
Has she the right to the the style of the Marzotto family then?
Anyways, for the Italian laws, there is no difference between legitimate and illegitimate children!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Exactly giov, the Italian nobility officially recognises in his books Beatrice as member of Borromeo family with all the right and titles...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 4,230
Ok, I'm sorry, I have mistaken. I thought titles could be transmitted only to the descendants of married people.
About the style, I meant that she, because of her parents are not married, is only Miss Beatrice Borromeo, and not Donna Beatrice Borromeo-Arese of the princes of Angera.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
This rule is valid and observed by the royal families in general and German ex-sovereign families or in other countries families with an ex sovereign status. In Italy it is not important, even when we had a ruling King (in the last century) the conditio to bear a title was only to be officially recognised as son/daughter.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 4,230
My source is the same Beatrice in an interview during italian tv-show "Le invasioni barbariche": she told that her father married Marion Zota, whit whom had Isabella and Lvinia, the he left his wife and had Carlo with Paola, then he return with his wife and had Matilde, and then he re-left Marion to return with Paola and they had together Beatrice, but he is still married with Marion. She talks about Marion and Paola as the two women of his life, and she also told that she has no titles because she is not the daughter of the wife of his father. A bit complicated, but I hope I was clear....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Yes it is, Beatrice's father has, let's say, a "personal view" of the marriage and family life a bit strange...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 4,230
So my reasoning about the status of Beatrice is not completely wrong...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
So my reasoning about the status of Beatrice is not completely wrong...
Why? The status of Beatrice is clear: daughter of Carlo. Carlo can live the life in the way he prefers (with several wives/fiancés) but the Italian family law (diritto di famiglia) is clear...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 4,230
So, in all Italian Noble Families the title is transmitted to all the descendants, legitimate or not?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 10-23-2008, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
The important thing is to be officially recognised as child by the father, than the child has the father's family name and all the rights. It is not important if the child was born "outside" the marriage. The child will inherit all properties of the father, why not titles...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
noble families, princely families, taly


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal, Princely and Noble Families of Germany & Austria 2 Dulce Elena Royal Families of Germany and Austria 231 04-10-2014 04:28 AM
Italian Noble and Princely Families 1: June 2004 - July 2007 Lord Williams Royal Families of Italy 206 07-20-2007 05:48 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway palace picture thread pom pregnancy prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince laurent princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess annette princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sheikh state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]