Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I’m researching Olimpia Aldobrandini/David de Rothschild and am wondering if anyone has the photo apparently from Paris Match showing them with their young family including 7 year old Lavinia.

Maria Pia of Ruspoli and Giacinta of Ruspoli attended the 43rd "Best Awards" Edition in Paris yesterday, December 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Count and Countess Lodovico Corsini attended the Brafa Art Fair in Brussels in January:

** Pic **

Melusine of Ruspoli attended the Salvatore Ferragamo show during during Milan Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2020/2021 on February 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Article about Maria Francesca of Savoy, daughter of Queen Elena and King Vittorio Emanuele III, sister of Umberto II, Mafalda of Savoy-Hesse, Yolanda of Savoy Calvi di Bergolo and Queen Giovanna of Bulgaria:

https://i.imgur.com/GMXxGXb.jpg

A rather entertaining article about a fight between the Duke of San Clemente and the singer Sting.

Sting has bought a wine property in the nineties from the dukes father, Duke Simone Vincenzo Velluti Zati di San Clemente.

Sting claims in the Corriere della Sera that the duke gave him wine to taste that was not from his property, while pretending that it was. The singer claims that thus he was tricked into buying the wine property.

The late dukes son took offense and defended the late duke in the same newspaper, calling the story “false, poisonous slander”.

And:
“Apart from the fact that an internationally experienced gentleman like Sting (he was 46 years old at the time) should not confuse Barolo with Chianti, Nebbiolo with Sangiovese, nothing could be more alien to my father’s character, habits, behavior, in one word, to his spirit, than to behave like a swindling innkeeper.”

He went on, “My father lived until 2012, so Sting had time to allow him to personally retort to his suspicions, but the statement was not only in bad faith, but also so absurd as to sound like a boomerang. Instead, Sting decided to do it ‘a babbo morto‘ as they say in Tuscany, when the father has died.”

Not holding back, he went on to blast Sting’s renovation of the property, which includes installing a large pool, gym and yoga studio: “Today the comparison between the Palagio of the past and the one today re-fashioned by Sting today is deplorable. The Palagio is now a Palm Beach-style resort.”

Friends of the duke also praised the man and attacked the singer for making up a story. And they also compare the re-vamped estate to a Palm Beach resort -the ultimate insult it seems- rather than a Tuscan Fattoria.

Read the entire story here.

Princess Melusine Ruspoli attended the Christian Dior Designer of Dreams Exhibition cocktail opening at the Brooklyn Museum in Brooklyn, New York, on September 8:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Princess Giada del Drago attended the Women in Film and TV Awards at London Hilton today, December 3:

** Pic **

I think Marta Ferri and Carlo Ludovico Borromeo had a third child. There’s a baby in some of their IG pictures.
Does anyone know the name?

I think Marta Ferri and Carlo Ludovico Borromeo had a third child. There’s a baby in some of their IG pictures.
Does anyone know the name?

They had a second son and third child in May 2021.

Source: Josef on Nobiliana

Last edited by a moderator:
Donna Giacinta Ruspoli is getting married next 10th of September

https://i.postimg.cc/02BX0s6k/Opera-Snapshot-2022-07-23-173655-go-readly-com.png

With her mother, former actress Maria Pia Giancaro

https://i.postimg.cc/zGdhgz37/Opera-Snapshot-2022-07-23-173829-go-readly-com.png

Pics from GENTE

Congratulations to the couple!

P.S. Is her father, Prince Sforza Marescotto Ruspoli, still alive? He was born on 23 January 1927:

https://www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/gotha/ruspoli.html

Interesting article about Orsini family and other noble families around Europe, such as Anhalt, Orsini-Rosenberg, Rosenberg from Bohemia, Ursini von Blagay, Dukes of Holstein etc. that tried to claim kinship to them:

https://www.oeaw.ac.at/fileadmin/Institute/INZ/img/menschen/Mata/The_false_Orsini.pdf
I just started reading and I’m somewhat shocked. When did the Hohenzollerns ever claim to descend from the Colonnas? I’ve only ever heard of the Stolberg claims, but the Hohenzollerns, never heard of any claiming to descend from the Colonnas. I have also heard of the Orsini und Rosenbergs claiming to be descendants of the Orsini family, but that’s of course not true.

Last edited:
I just started reading and I’m somewhat shocked. When did the Hohenzollerns ever claim to descend from the Colonnas? I’ve only ever heard of the Stolberg claims, but the Hohenzollerns, never heard of any claiming to descend from the Colonnas. I have also heard of the Orsini und Rosenbergs claiming to be descendants of the Orsini family, but that’s of course not true.

Well, Hohenzollerns were, at one point, regarded as a parvenu dynasty by the Habsburgs and probably some more Catholic reigning families...

IMO, in order to straighten their position within the Empire and distinguish themselves from other German noble families with more or less same ancestry, they tried to link themselves to some dynasty which can trace their ancestry to Roman period and by that prove their antiquity and their "special position".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom