Italian Noble and Princely Families 1: June 2004 - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren said:
She married down. Surely a prince would be the next rung up, not a marquis. :D

Right, but this marquis happens to be richer than the duke.:D ;)

I wondered about that, but the lack of diamonds around her neck misled me. :D

Warren said:
I wondered about that, but the lack of diamonds around her neck misled me. :D

Well, despite his riches he pretends to be a left winger, may be this is why she didn't wear any diamonds... Besides she doesn't wear furs anymore, since she's become an animal right activist. So why need all that money???:D

She also has a website (in Italian)
MarinaRipadiMeana Official Web Site

Marina's daughter duchess Lucrezia Lante della Rovere.(gossipnews) She's an actress

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tosca,do you know from which Italian princely family Princess Barbara Massimo comes from?

Have you ever heard of Francesco de Mosto,who comes from Venice? I saw him on BBC World's 'Top To Toe' in which he travelled from Genoa down to Palermo,& showing us castles & art,& talking in both English & Italian along the way.

Aidan.

Royalist0007 said:
Tosca,do you know from which Italian princely family Princess Barbara Massimo comes from?

Have you ever heard of Francesco de Mosto,who comes from Venice? I saw him on BBC World's 'Top To Toe' in which he travelled from Genoa down to Palermo,& showing us castles & art,& talking in both English & Italian along the way.

Aidan.

Sorry, I never heard of Francesco de Mosto!
As for Barbara Massimo, she is the daughter of the last male descendant of the Roman Quintus Fabius Maximus consul, a.k.a the Cunctactor, this enabling them to boast of being the most ancient Italian noble family we know of. Barbara owns her exotic looks to her mother, who's originally from Latin America.

You can find a photo gallery of their castle in Central Italy at:

Principi Massimo - Castello di Arsoli

Prince Carlo Giovanelli and Elsa Martinelli (btw, we were born in the same city) at a charity party in Rome. (U. Pizzi/dagospia)

again!

Last edited:
Hello!
Thanks very much for sending these pictures. Especially the one of Constanza della Torre e Tasso is interesting to me, as this family descends directly from the famous Princess Marie Bonaparte, one of my favourite Royals. I once had a contact with Prince Carlo Alessandro, Constanzas father, who is very very friendly, and they send me a family picture, but now I see that Constanza has become more grown up. It´s interesting. Was there a full article about her and the Duino castle? Unfortunately Prince Carlo Alessandro is not always at home and very busy. He must have many plans. I have read that a part of his castle was sold. But I like is sympathic caracter, even if I -until now -did not have the possibility to visit the castle. Has anybody visited it?

Here is the family picture. It was send to me by Carlo´s secretary Marcuzzi (who is also very kind!)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/7f3/famigliaPrincipe-1.jpg
The della Torre e Tasso family looks lovely, as does their castle. I'd like to know more about them. What does Princess Costanza's father do that keeps him so busy? Does the family live in the castle, or is it just for visitors? Do they no longer have the fortunes that their ancestors had to maintain it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone provide information or photo about the Family SENATORE BOURBON DAL MONTE SANTA MARIA TIBERINA?

I think that they had the title of Marquis and not prince/ss, but I would like to know more about this family.

I read some time ago that they are one of most ancient family in Italy. It seams that they 've got 900 years of history.

:flowers:thanks

More Old Photos of Olympia de Rothschild

Around the middle of June, Olympia de Rothschild's(Aldobrandini) father in law, Guy de Rothschild died at the age of 98. Beacuse of this, alot of the world wide photo agency's have photo retrospectives of Guy's life. Included are photos of David and Olympia over the years.... their wedding in 1974, horse races etc. Some agencies are: Isifa, and newscom, acionline.

Marquise Marina Ripa di Meana (on the left) wearing one of her infamous, crazy outfits:

dagospia/U. Pizzi

Countess Patrizia de Blanck with daughter Baroness Giada Drommi at the same event. Patrizia cannot stand Marina, and they had a big row live on a TV show, where they insulted each other. Again, noblesse oblige!:eek:

dagospia/U. Pizzi 2

Another Marina crazy outfit:

dagospia/U. Pizzi 3

Last edited:
Marquise Marina Ripa di Meana won the "Golden Needle" for being the most elegant lady, at a gala in Rome.

Marina 2 with husband Carlo

Baroness Giada Drommi de Blank (the blonde girl) with her Mom Countess Patrizia de Blank and guests, was awarded the "Golden Needle" for her character in the film "Guardami l'anima!" (Search my soul!)

Courtesy of U. Pizzi/dagospia

Last edited:
Around the middle of June, Olympia de Rothschild's(Aldobrandini) father in law, Guy de Rothschild died at the age of 98. Beacuse of this, alot of the world wide photo agency's have photo retrospectives of Guy's life. Included are photos of David and Olympia over the years.... their wedding in 1974, horse races etc. Some agencies are: Isifa, and newscom, acionline.

Thanks for the information, tunney11! However, I don't get anything by typing in either Olympia de Rothschild or Aldobrandini. What should you type in to see the photo retrospectives ? Thanks !

Olympia de Rothschild

Type in Rothschild and go thru. Isifa and Newscom have a large photo retro of Guy's life. You have to page thru to find the ones of Olympia and David de Rothschild. The ones at Isifa you can enlarge.

In addition, any time you are searching for photos of Olympia, I would suggest using "Rothschild" because sometimes David and Olympia are listed as "Barron and Baroness de Rothschild".

Olympia de Rothschild

Also search "Rotschild" and you will find some photos. The photo agencies sometimes miss spell names.

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. I very much enjoy looking at the pictures of some of these rarely seen Italian nobles.

On that note, time for part 2, which can be found here.

:crown3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom