The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Italy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The ceremony of Beatification of Queen Maria Cristina was celebrated this morning, at 11am, at the Basilica of Santa Chiara in Naples (where Queen Maria Cristina and the other Kings and Queens of the Two Sicilies are buried).
The ceremony was lead by Cardinal Crescenzio Sepe, Archbishop of Naples, and by Cardinal Angelo Amato, Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.

I Savoia e i Borbone si incontrano a Santa Chiara per la beatificazione della regina Maria Cristina - Napoli - Repubblica.it

Present in Naples to attend the Beatification were: HRH Princess Anne of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duchess of Calabria; TRH the Duke and Duchess of Noto; HRH the Duke of Capua; TRH the Duke and Duchess of Castro with their daughters Maria Carolina and Maria Chiara; TRH Prince Casimiro and Princess Maria Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies with their sons Prince Luis and Prince Alessandro; HRH Princess Beatrice and HRH Princess Anna of Bourbon-Two Sicilies; TI&RH Archduke Simeon and Archduchess Maria of Austria; TRH the Duke and Duchess of Savoy; HRH Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy; HI&RH Archduke Martin of Austria-Este; HRH Prince Serge of Yugoslavia; HRH the Duke of Bragança; HI&RH Countess Maria Beatrix von und zu Arco-Zinneberg with her daughter Countess Margherita; HSH Prince Manfred zu Windisch-Graetz.

Yesterday night they all met for a dinner hosted by the Duke and Duchess of Castro; here are and article and some pictures of the dinner:
Napoli, i Borbone a cena con i Savoia prima della beatificazione di Maria Cristina
Napoli, gala con i regnanti del casato Borbone e Savoia (Newfotosud - S. Siano) - Il Mattino.it

Old 01-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
...Present in Naples to attend the Beatification were...TRH the Duke and Duchess of Savoy...
Which Duke and Duchess of Savoy? One article mentions the Duke and Duchess of Aosta so i guess it were Amedeo and Silvia.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy has the title of Duke of Savoy.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy has the title of Duke of Savoy.
But also Prince Vittorio Emanuele.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

In my post I was referring to Amedeo and Silvia, however.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Giacomo (Jaime) of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Capua, delivered His first pubblic speech in Italian in Naples at the "Union Circle" in the presence of the members of the Royal Family and many other participants.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The reconcilliation is a rather sensible and dignified approach IMHO. Let's hope that more houses will follow suit.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some pictures of the Beatification of Queen Maria Cristina:
Napoli, la beatificazione di Maria Cristina di Savoia (Newfotosud - R. Esposito) - Il Mattino.it
Old 01-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Thats quite an impressive crowd who turned out!I may have skipped a photo or two but I didn't see Infante Carlos however it was nice to see his wife Princess Anne,Duchess of Calabria.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Infante Don Carlos is not in a very good health so he could not attend.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
HRH Infante Don Carlos is not in a very good health so he could not attend.
Many thanks Cory,I didn't know about his ill health.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Perhaps I missed this in the posts above, but has it been decided that the Duke of Capua will be heir for both branches? He seems to be presented as such in the pictures. Or will the 2nd headship go to the descendants of Prince Rainiere (provided the Duke of Castro will not get any sons)?

Rainiere's eldest son Antonio married a Duchess of Württemberg, and his eldest son Franz Philip married a countess of Schönborn.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As far as I have understood, the question of the succession to the headship of the House has not (yet or however explicitely) been discussed; on the contrary, the main aim of the reconciliation was to settle things with regards to the dynastic orders.

Btw, the next in the line after Prince Charles is Prince Antonio, who is the eldest son of the late Prince Gabriele (and not Ranieri, who instead was Charles' grandfather).
Old 01-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

The question of the Succession in the future has not been discussed yet. The first step will be to unite the two branches of the Constantinian Order of Saint George.
The Duke of Capua is learning Italian and he is prepared to have an important role in Family affairs in the future.

Maria Cristina di Savoia: Italian queen beatified | Diana Mandache Historian & Author
Old 01-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Royal Musings posted the translation of the Act of Reconciliation:

Royal Musings: Text of the Act of Reconciliation
Old 01-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

The succession is not the issue because there is no throne to succeed to in 2014. As I made clear in my exclusive story (before others had it) ... I have known for several weeks -- the two branches recognize each other's titles. Castro has no sons, Pedro has four. Royal Musings: Royal Musings exclusive: RECONCILIATION IN THE HOUSE OF BOURBON-TWO SICILIES
Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Thanks for correcting me MAFan, I find all these sons of prince Alfonso difficult to keep apart.

The reconciliation is indeed in the christian spirit of the order they represent, nontheless I am sure it took a lot of time to work it out. I applaud both branches for doing so. I suppose by recognising the duke of Capua as heir, the duke of Castro will deny his own claim. So that is not likely to happen. Still, it would be the best route eventually IMO.

-
And on a different note: Nice to see so many Bourbon-Two Sicilies and Savoy royals. It has been ages since I have seen a picture of the duchess of Calabria. A pity that the health of the duke of Calabria didn't allow him to be part of this.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes I agree Marengo,I happy that this reconciliation has been resolved and such a pity it took them so long to do it!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is important it finally happened.The Duke of Capua would be the best Head of the Family in the future.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:25 AM

Hello, I am a new one here but have been reading the forum and this thread for a while. Some of you mentioned something about dynastic suitability and I wondered what exactly it means :) Is it that they only want aritstocrats to marry in? Very different from the still enthroned royals then as they marry just whoever they love/want :)

Tags
bourbon, bourbon two sililies, two sicilies