HRH the Duke of Calabria (1938-2015) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies

• Thread starter CorinnaAloysius
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So don Juan Pedro will be the future Head of the Royal Family?

Princess Beatrice and Princess Anne of Bourbon-Two Sicilies attended the First International Night
For Children Hospitals at the Pavillon Gabriel in Paris on March 19, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

An Archduke of Austria's Recognition of the Duke of Calabria's Headship?

I believe The Duke of Anjou, Luis Alphonse...Borbón is the best claimant to the French Throne.
Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the Bourbon-Two Sicilies headship, I'd have to investigate more. But I do believe Infante Carlos, Duke of Calabria, has stated that his son, Prince Pedro,will suceed him. I'd have to look at the House Rules/Constitution.

As others have stated, if there was no way to legitimize Pedro's first son in the Rules during the time he was born, then the House might pass to Pedro's second son.

HIRH Archduke Simeon of Austria recognizes the Military Order the Duke of Calabria heads, but then again, he is the son-in-law of the Duke. --Does he also recognize him as the Head of the House also? Must be, right??--

Simeon is the President of the Austrian and Liechenstein Association of this order. See link below.

Austria and Liechtenstein

It seems to me that you can't give up your rights to one throne (France) and marry into another family (Spain) with a reasonable expectation of getting close to the throne there, and then decide that you want to ignore all this at a later date.

I believe the last genuine claimant of the Bourbon line died without male heir in 1936. At this point, the right that the Bourbons had to the French throne moved across to the Orleans Branch. Louis Alphonse's line is a part of the Spanish Royal Family and out of the French one.

I believe it is the same for The Bourbon Two Sicilies line. The second son of Pr Alfonso, Head of the Royal House of BTS, Pr Carlo, became an Infante of Spain on his marriage to Infanta Maria de las Mercedes of Spain, and gave up any rights to the BTS line. This, as with the French case, was because the Spanish line kept looking as if it was going to die out, and there were only female heirs. When these Infantas married it was important that their decendants were only heirs to the Spanish throne and didn't muddy the waters by also being in line to any other throne . It is wrong to say, therefore, that Pr Don Carlos (who is married to Pss Anne of Orleans) is the Head of the Royal House of BTS. (The Don in his title gives it away - he is in the Spanish RF.) When Pr Alfonso of BTS's eldest son (Ferdinando) died without a male heir (1960), the right to be Head of the RH of BTS skipped over Carlo's line (who had 'abdicated') and landed on Pr Ranieri, the third son. With the death of Pr Ranieri's only son, Ferdinando, just recently, the Headship of this family passes to Pr Carlo. He is Fernando's only son - and at present he only has 2 daughters, I believe. So there may be problems with the succession in the future if this situation does not change!

I do not believe that King Juan Carlos of Spain supports the claim of either of his family members to the hypothetical 'thrones' of France or the Two Sicilies. After all their ancestors gave up their claims to become members of the Spanish Royal House.

Last edited:

An exhibition about the Royal House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies has been opened at the City Hall of Paris yesterday, November 13. Among the guests have been the Count and Countess of Paris, the Duke and Duchess of Castro, the Duchess of Vendome, Prince Laurent of Belgium, Prince Michel of Yugoslavia and Princess Helene, Princess Beatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Princess Barbara of Yugoslavia, Prince Jean of Luxembourg and many others. Afterwards the Duke and Duchess of Castro hosted a dinner for the guests.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

Did Princesses Béatrice and Anne the Duke of Castro's elder Sisters attend ?

Yes, both of the princesses are shown with their brother and his wife in the first picture.

Thanks Benjamin
I saw Princess Chantal d' Orléans , Princess Barbara von and zu Liechtenstein - Yougl-
Princess Maria-Pia and her husband , the Count and Countess de Paris.
They were pictures of a very old couple . Who are they ?

Thanks Stefan, is she a Sister of the present Duke Karl of Wurtenberg?

Scandals.

A very sad end of year 2012 for the Bourbon Lubomirsk.
Prince Luis Afonso, who had divorced the Apovian woman in a bitter divorce battle, fathered a girl who was born in Rio around 1st Dec. His parents learnt about the pregnancy of Luis Afonso´s partner just a month before the birth, are going to Rio to spend Chrismas with the Apovian´s daughter (who lives in Rio also) and to meet their new grand daughter and her mother for the first time. All this must not be pleasant for the parents of a nun and a priest.
But if it was not enough Princesses Inmaculada and Margarita are involved in a case of laudring money and they will have to face Spanish justice, who is most severe.
http://www.finanzas.com/noticias/economia/20121219/ping-lavaba-dinero-puerta-1658561.html and http://www.vanitatis.com/noticias/2012/12/18/nobles-y-famosos-usaban-el-dinero-negro-de-gao-ping--22100/

Prince Luis Alfonso of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (b.28 November 1970) [firstborn son of Prince Casimir of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (b.1938) & his wife Maria Christina, nee Princess of Savoy (b.1933)] had another daughter by his current wife/partner (Names currently unknown to me).

A half-sister for Anna Sophia (9-4-1999) his daughter by his former wife, Christine Apovian (b.1969).

Source: Noblesse & Royautés » La descendance de la princesse Anne de France, duchesse d’Aoste

Prince Jaime, the eldest son of the duke of Noto, has been created Duke of Capua by his grand father.

The Succession is assured.

Has HRH the Duke of Capua ever visited the Kingdom of Two Sicilies?

AFAIK there was only a county and a principality of Capua. The count was a vasal of the prince of Benevento. In 910 Benevento and Capua were merged as principalities, and later went to Norman rulers. In 1155 the principality went to the king of the Sicilies and was used sometimes as a title for the second sons of the monarch.

:previous:
You're right, in the past it was used the title of Prince of Capua but never the title of Duke of Capua.
The last time the title of Prince of Capua was conferred to Prince Carlo Ferdinando of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (1811-1862), the second son of King Francesco I and Queen Isabella.

It is clearly the first time we hear of the title Duke of Capua.

HRH Princess Anna of Bourbon-Two Sicilies was born in 1971. She is the daughter of Prince Casimir and Princess Maria Cristina of Savoy-Aosta.
She is to marry Rudolph de Causans.

Princess Anna's grandfather, Prince Gabrielle of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (created HRH Prince of Bourbon by King Alfonso XIII) is the brother of the Duke of Calabria's grandfather, Prince Ranieri.

Ranieri's proclamation of himself as Head of the Royal House of The Two Sicilies in 1960 in opposition to the recognised Head, Prince Alfonso, created the current schism within the family.

The recognized head of the family was Prince Ranieri as Alfonso renounced his claim because he thought Franco might name him King of Spain

Are any of these titles legal?

Back
Top Bottom