HRH the Duke of Calabria (1938-2015) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies

• Thread starter CorinnaAloysius
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some more photos from the beatification:
Close up of the programme ~ Inside the Cathedral ~ Member of the public with posters ~ The Princess of Venice, Prince Serge of Yugoslavia, the Duke and Duchess of Aosta and Princess Maria Gabriela of Savoy ~ Venice, Yugoslavia, Aosta and Savoy 2 ~ The Duke and Duchess of Castro, the Duke and Duchess of Noto, the Duchess of Calabria and the Princess of Venice ~ The Princess of Venice and Prince Serge of Yugoslavia ~ Archduchess Beatrice of Austria-Este ~ The Duchess of Castro and one of her daughters ~ Woman looks at a tomb in the Cathedral

According to Noblesse and Royautes, more than 2000 people went to and near the beatification. Here are some extra photos of the dinner:
Princess Maria Gabriela of Savoy and other guests ~ The Duchess of Noto, the Duke of Castro, Princess Anne of France, the Duke of Capua and the Duchess of Castro ~ The Duchess of Castro (to her left is the Duke of Braganza and Princess Beatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies

I noticed that sites are now starting to call Princesses Maria Carolina and Maria Chiara the Duchess of Palermo and the Duchess of Capri, have these titles been confirmed as official ones by the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies? Or are they new titles that were granted to the princesses at the beatification ceremony? I'm asking as I have never heard them being referred to as such.

:previous: Thank you for the reply and link. :flowers: So they haven't held the titles from birth, like I assumed.

Even HRH Prince Giacomo (Jaime) of Bourbon-Two Siciles has his title of Duke of Capua recognized by all with this occasion.

HRH Prince Pietro became honorary citizen of the city of Noto.

Sent from my GT-S6312 using The Royals Community mobile app

Maria Sophie (1841-1925), Queen of the Two Sicilies and her husband, King Francis II of the Two Sicilies, took refuge in the coastal fortress of Gaeta.
They were besieged by Victor Emmanuel II.
Maria Sophie fought tirelessly to keep up the spirits of the defenders.
She received the nickname of Warrior-Queen.
The fortress fell. Francis II and Maria Sophie were exiled to Rome.

HRH the Duke of Calabria (1938- ) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies

Why create the titles Duchess of Palermo & Capri?

Luisa Fernanda and Paulo Afonso di Borbone were born in Rio de Janeiro last 10th December.

Children of Luis Alfonso and his second wife.

Her full name is Maria da Glória Ganem Rubião.

Ex-wife Christine Pereira Apovian is now in a relationship with the antropologist Mércio Pereira Gomes (*1950).

I mean that the twins' mother is: Maria da Glória Ganem Rubião.

The duke and duchess of Noto became parents of their 7th child, a daughter named Maria. Wikipedia sets the date of birth at April 21st but Paul Theroff's online Gotha sets the date of birth at March 5th. I have no idea where they get their information from and I am not able to find anything else online.

Two Sicilies

The duke and duchess of Noto became parents of their 7th child, a daughter named Maria. Wikipedia sets the date of birth at April 21st but Paul Theroff's online Gotha sets the date of birth at March 5th. I have no idea where they get their information from and I am not able to find anything else online.

Two Sicilies

All I could find on the Children of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Noto from Wiki and April 21st as the date

Don Jaime de Borbón-Dos Sicilias, Duque de Capua, 26th of June 1993.
Juan de Borbón-Dos Sicilias, 18th of April 2003.
Pablo de Borbón-Dos Sicilias, 26th of June 2004.
Pedro de Borbon-Dos Sicilias, 3rd of January 2007.
Sofía de Borbon-Dos Sicilias, 12th of November 2008.
Blanche de Borbon-Dos Sicilias,7th of April 2011.
Maria de Borbon-Dos Sicilias, 21st of April 2015.

Last edited:
Their first Child was born before their wedding .

I saw pictures of the actual Duke of Calabria , he looks not healty and all , his mother Duchess Alice is still alive (97).

HRH the Duke of Capua's visit to Naples seem to be a great succes these days.

Their first Child was born before their wedding .

I saw pictures of the actual Duke of Calabria , he looks not healty and all , his mother Duchess Alice is still alive (97).

He was in a wheelchair recently at an event and looked very frail of late.

No reaction of the Duke of Castro to this visit of the Duke of Capua to Naples?

No reaction of the Duke of Castro to this visit of the Duke of Capua to Naples?

Does the Duke of Castro often comment on the Duke of Capua's visits and engagements? (I'm not being off by the way, just genuinely curious.)

No, he usually doesn't.
Besides, in spite of the formal reconcilation between the two branches of the Royal House signe last year, Prince Carlos and his family aren't even mentioned among the members of the Royal Family in the website of the Duke of Castro.

Will HRH the Duke of Note be the new Duke of Calabria?

Pedro? Reportedly yes. And his oldest son Jaime (b.1993) - Duke of Noto.

Any links with articles speaking about this issue?

Back
Top Bottom