HRH Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde and Family 6: March 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An embarrassingly 'tarty' appearance even for the di Savoia's...

Do they know if Emanuele-Filiberto before trouble with the showbiz if he did some more (how i to say) normal, regular job?

Princess Clotilde attended the L'echappee Belle film premiere in Paris on June 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Do they know if Emanuele-Filiberto before trouble with the showbiz if he did some more (how i to say) normal, regular job?

Well, since the fall of the monarchy Vittorio Emanuele grew up outside of Italy, and his son Emanuele Filiberto was also born abroad without the possibility of setting foot on Italian soil until a change was made in the Italian Constitution in 2002. So the man never had a chance to develop a career in Italy. He has been educated with an economic background but chose for television. Already while living in Switzerland he participated in Italian shows live from Geneva. When the goodlooking man returned to Italy, the networks battled to get him onto their shows.

The last years Emanuele Filiberto began appearing on all number of talkshows and variety shows as well as commercials. More and more he is portraying himself less as a royal and more as rather common and banal B-level showman, with a clearly intent of living in the show business. He won the Italian version of Dancing with the Stars (Ballando con le Stelle).

Besides being an entertainer, Emanuele Filiberto also tried to be a politician. He first tried to be elected into the Italian Parliament (failed) and into the European Parliament (failed). So it seems the Italians maybe see him as a showman and voted for his dancing but that is it. Apparently he was not convincing enough to get a nomination from a major political party or to win a seat on his own. He has tried to set up a joint venture in producing a brand of T-shirts (failed). So it seems that Emanuele Filiberto will cling to his show business career as that is his source of income.

Last edited:
What will he do when his Father will pass away ?
He has two daughers , so after him the head of the House will be Prince Aymon of Aosta's Sun , Prince Humberto.

What will he do when his Father will pass away ?
He has two daughers , so after him the head of the House will be Prince Aymon of Aosta's Sun , Prince Humberto.

His father and his mother (Marina Ricolfi Doria) seem well enough, so probably Emanuele Filiberto will inherit some wealth.

Well, his daughters... if he respects the last royal Constitution and the House Laws, after his death the Savoia-Aosta branch will become the most senior agnatic line in the House of Italy. But... he also can choose to change the settlements in his own pleasure: "My daughter Vittoria will become the Head of the House!". Then the family feud will be complete, of course. He can also divorce Clotilde Courau (there are already rumours that the couple lives a largely separate life) and remarry with another lady. When he fathers a son with that second lady, he will be his Heir. So it is difficult to say what will happen.

The best scenario: one of the two daughters (Donna Vittoria or Donna Luisa) marries with their far cousin Umberto di Savoia-Aosta. Both Houses of the same dynasty will then re-unite.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Well, since the fall of the monarchy Vittorio Emanuele grew up outside of Italy, and his son Emanuele Filiberto was also born abroad without the possibility of setting foot on Italian soil until a change was made in the Italian Constitution in 2002. So the man never had a chance to develop a career in Italy. He has been educated with an economic background but chose for television. Already while living in Switzerland he participated in Italian shows live from Geneva. When the goodlooking man returned to Italy, the networks battled to get him onto their shows.

The last years Emanuele Filiberto began appearing on all number of talkshows and variety shows as well as commercials. More and more he is portraying himself less as a royal and more as rather common and banal B-level showman, with a clearly intent of living in the show business. He won the Italian version of Dancing with the Stars (Ballando con le Stelle).

Besides being an entertainer, Emanuele Filiberto also tried to be a politician. He first tried to be elected into the Italian Parliament (failed) and into the European Parliament (failed). So it seems the Italians maybe see him as a showman and voted for his dancing but that is it. Apparently he was not convincing enough to get a nomination from a major political party or to win a seat on his own. He has tried to set up a joint venture in producing a brand of T-shirts (failed). So it seems that Emanuele Filiberto will cling to his show business career as that is his source of income.

He won the italian version of Dancing? So is the good dancer.
And why some royals to tried to be politicians? For me is a big mistake.
What a big difference to Emanuele and Aimone.

His father and his mother (Marina Ricolfi Doria) seem well enough, so probably Emanuele Filiberto will inherit some wealth.

Well, his daughters... if he respects the last royal Constitution and the House Laws, after his death the Savoia-Aosta branch will become the most senior agnatic line in the House of Italy. But... he also can choose to change the settlements in his own pleasure: "My daughter Vittoria will become the Head of the House!". Then the family feud will be complete, of course. He can also divorce Clotilde Courau (there are already rumours that the couple lives a largely separate life) and remarry with another lady. When he fathers a son with that second lady, he will be his Heir. So it is difficult to say what will happen.

The best scenario: one of the two daughters (Donna Vittoria or Donna Luisa) marries with their far cousin Umberto di Savoia-Aosta. Both Houses of the same dynasty will then re-unite.

For me the best scenario is not Umperto mariied Vittoria i prefer someone else. We see at the Georgia something similar and the don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the best scenario is not Umperto mariied Vittoria i prefer someone else. We see at the Georgia something similar and the don't work.

Well, it did work in Georgia: in his person the couple's son Georgiy Bagration-Bagrationi re-unites the rival claims of both Houses of the dynasty (his father's House of Bagrationi-Mukhraneli and his mother's House of Bagrationi-Gruzinski). By doing so they united the claim, which is alwways the best option.

A marriage between Donna Vittoria or Donna Luisa di Savoia with Umberto di Savoia-Aosta will have the same result in their eventual children. It is clear that when inside a royal House there are factions, no any claim will ever work.

Last edited:
For me is not work. There is not solution to be weedings when there is more than one claims for the thrones like a France also. What you suggest to marry of children to Jean and Louis-Alphonse? And don't tell me is not the same.

For me is not work. There is not solution to be weedings when there is more than one claims for the thrones like a France also. What you suggest to marry of children to Jean and Louis-Alphonse? And don't tell me is not the same.

Well in France it is relatively simple: there is only one claim, that of the Orléans. (The Bonapartes make no actual claim). The claim of the Spanish gentleman Luis Alfonso de Borbón can only be taken au sérieux when someone is willing to ignore the many legal complications.

The positions of Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia and of his far cousin Aimone di Savoia-Aosta are undisputed. No one fights that the one is the grandson of Italy's last King. No one fights that the other once becomes the most senior male agnate in the House of Italy as long as Emanuele Filiberto fathers no son.

In Italy's case there is no need for a marriage between Donna Vittoria or Donna Luisa with Umberto. He will be the most senior agnate once, as long as the two girls will not have a brother. But the danger is that Emanuele Filiberto will possibly try to change the House Laws in favour of his daughter and then the feud is complete. So in an ideal situation, but not neccessary at all, a marriage would re-unite both factions of the same dynasty. Why would EF change the House Laws when he knows that his grandson (from a Savoia mother and a Savoia-Aosta father) will become the ultimate and undisputed Heir?

Having said that, in contrary to their parents Vittorio Emanuele respectively Amedeo, both Emanuele Filiberto and Aimone seem to go on with each other on a normal and polite manner. No pettiness, no nasty tricks, no slur in the media. That is already a positive evolution.

Last edited:
What would be better is a reconciliation similar to the Two Sicilies with one eventual heir Umberto. I think it will be possible in the future once their fathers have passed. It is a more comparable situation.

What would be better is a reconciliation similar to the Two Sicilies with one eventual heir Umberto. I think it will be possible in the future once their fathers have passed. It is a more comparable situation.

That is what I hope too. The Sicilian case is in some ways more or less comparable: Prince Carlo (the one who is married to Camilla Crociani) has no male offspring. His "contender", the other Prince Carlo (the one who is married to Princess Anne d'Orléans), has male offspring.

Last edited:
Italian Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy (R), Prince of Venice and Piedmont (Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia) and his wife, French actress Clotilde Courau (C) attend Pope Francis' mass in Turin's Piazza Vittorio on June 21, 2015. The pontiff visits Turin to venerate the Holy Shroud, believed by some Christians to be the burial shroud of Jesus of Nazareth, after which the pope will meet prisoners, young people and the sick in his first pastoral trip to northern Italy.

ANP pictures

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Emanuele-Filiberto di Savoia has no dialogue at all with HRH Hereditary Prince Aimone of Savoy.

Last edited:
Why Emanuele must have dialogue with Aimone?

Princess Clotilde attended Bulgari Haute Couture Cocktail Party & Model Show in Paris on July 7, 2015:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The last King of Italy it was Umberto. His son and especially his grandson Emanuele-Filiberto is the righteous heir to the throne. I don't see the reason for any dialogue with the Aimone.

The last King of Italy it was Umberto. His son and especially his grandson Emanuele-Filiberto is the righteous heir to the throne. I don't see the reason for any dialogue with the Aimone.

Aimone is the Number Three in the Savoia line of succession, after Emanuele Filiberto and his father Amedeo. The same Aimone is the Number Two in the Savoia-Aosta line of succession, after his father Amedeo.

Aimone is the only one who has sons. As things are as now, the future of the Italian Royal House lies with Aimone and his young sons. Aimone and Emanuele Filiberto also seem the only ones to be on normal speaking terms, unlike their respective fathers. It is never unwise to invest in mutual understanding and be in agreement about the future of the House.

Emanuele-Filiberto di Savoia has no dialogue at all with HRH Hereditary Prince Aimone of Savoy.

No,the two families have not been on speaking terms for long indeed...Especially not since E-F's father punched Aimones dad on the nose in Madrid,IIRC at Felipe and Letizia's wedding....Making J-C exclaim;" Nunca Mas!!"

They don't really need to talk to eachother...E-F is busy doing his own thing with a sense for reality,the other side has a more "we are the real RF " approach.Not that they are recognised as such though...But when one has nothing else or senseble to do,one can always claim old matters from a (not so-) far past and have hopes,and meanwhile,while hoping,visit botox clinics (Aimone's stepmom..),attend premieres and funerals and any other occasion that saves one from total oblivion..:whistling: But EF is an OK guy!!:flowers:

Last edited:
[...] But when one has nothing else or senseble to do [...]

Prince Aimone di Savoia-Aosta is the CEO of Pirelli Russia & The Nordic Countries. He is also vice-president of GIM-Unimpresa, the Russian branch of Confindustria (the Italian Chamber of Commerce). Before that he has had a career at JP Morgan & Co, worked at Italian grand industries as Rinascente (the biggest Italian retail chain with upmarket luxury warehouses), Indesit (the biggest Italian electronics manufacturer) and Tripcovich (a big Italian shipping company which also owns ports, cargo-handling and inland transport firms).

With all respect, that does not sound as someone whom "has nothing else or sensible to do". I think that Prince Aimone di Savoia-Aosta is actually one of the hardest working royals around and deseverve respect and admiration for that. Emanuele Filiberto is the one whom has little else to do than walking red carpets, the one première after the other.

No,the two families have not been on speaking terms for long indeed...Especially not since E-F's father punched Aimones dad on the nose in Madrid,IIRC at Felipe and Letizia's wedding....Making J-C exclaim;" Nunca Mas!!"

It was at the wedding! He got punched so hard he fell into the arms of Queen Anne-Marie of Greece.
Must've been some party since Ernst-August of Hannover got so drunk he couldn't attend the wedding ceremony the day after.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thank for this JR76. Must be a very funny party.

Princess Clotilde attended the Locarno Film Festival opening night during the 68th Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland on August 5.

The 72th Venice Film Festival in Italy started yesterday, September 2nd, and Clotilde was among the guests:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Yesterday, September 3, Clotilde was seen sighting in Venice and attending the Miu Miu Women's Tales Dinner (also as part of the film festival):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Clotilde attended the Ballet National de Paris Opening Season Gala at the Opera Garnier in Paris yesterday, September 24:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom