HRH Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde and Family 6: March 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After one week, Emanuele Filiberto tonight will leave the reality show 'L'Isola dei Famosi'(Celebrity Survivor).

Prince Emanuele Filiberto at the TV Show 'L'Isola Dei Famosi' on April 18 in Milan, Italy:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

...and promoting his book on April 20 also in Milan:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Emanuele Filiberto at the TCM Classic Film Festival Opening Night Gala
and World Premiere of 'An American In Paris' at the Graumanâs ChineseTheatre
on April 28, 2011 in Hollywood, California.

I don't know if it's because of the way the photo was taken but EF is a bit disheveled and IMO a beard doesn't suit him= in total a grunge look not a princely one.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO a beard doesn't suit him= in total a grunge look not a princely one.

He maybe prefers the show star look at the moment and the prince in him pauses :D

On April 15, Princess Clotilde attended the opening of the new Lancel flagship store in Moscow, Russia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Out of work as french Actress (being old ?) she is Princess Clotilde for people events

Princess Clotilde attended the 'Polisse' premiere at the Palais des Festivals during the
64th Cannes Film Festival on May 13, 2011 in Cannes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife **

Thanks for the pictures, seems she has been out of the spotlight for a while but Cannes is the one place she sure will make an appearance, wish she would wear a nicer/more appropriate outfit that comes with a title Princess.

Emanuele-Filiberto and his wife Clotilde are dedicated to the artistic life and nobody asks something else from them.they will never have any other role .

Zarat, I can understand your dislike of EF's antics.

But I feel that the dividing line between "royals" and "TV stars" is becoming increasingly blurred.

In the meantime, EF has a wife and two kids to feed, and he has to earn some money somehow.

A much better appearance on her second day at the film festival in Cannes:

Princess Clotilde attending the 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' premiere at the
Palais des Festivals during the 64th Cannes Film Festival on May 14, 2011 in Cannes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery **

The lucky lucky woman, I cannot wait to see that film.

Obviously not everybody understands Clotilde Corau and her husband have a life of actors and they like to do that.The Prince of Venice is an aristocrat but this doesn't forbid him to be involved in such many artistic projects.

In Italy officialy you don't have titles.But she is the wife of the Prince of Venice so she could be called Princess Emanuele-Filiberto di Savoia but not Princess Clotilde.She married an aristocrat but she was not of equal birth.

She has the courtesy titles, Princess of Savoy and Princess of Venice and Piedmont. So she's stil a Princess? But whatever, she isn't Clotilde Courau.

The Titles of Princess of Piedmont and Princess of Savoy are recognized only by those(very few in Italy) who don't accept Prince Amedeo as Head of The Royal Family of Savoy.

Legally in Italy she is Clotilde Courau-di Savoia; and in her professional life, Clotilde still uses her maiden name Clotilde Courau.
By courtesy, for those who consider Emanuele Filiberto as a dynastic member of the Royal Family she is HRH Princess Clotilde of Savoy, Princess of Venice and Piedmont; for those who don't consider Emanuele Filiberto to be a member of the Royal Family, she is just Clotilde di Savoia or Clotilde Courau; for those who don't consider Emanuele Filiberto as a member of the Royal Family but who believe that King Umberto II has given him the title of Prince of Venice, she is the Princess of Venice (but not HRH).

Exactly!Depends who speaks about her...In Italy anyway the women uses ytheir surname even after the marriage so I do not really know what's written in her possible italian passport.

According to the Italian law (article 143bis of the Civil Code), the wife adds her husband's surname to her own surname and retains it during widowhood (but she loses it if she remarries - in this case, she would add to her own surname the surname of the new husband).
So, in her Italian passport Clotilde is Clotilde Courau-di Savoia.

The problem with the surnames of the married women is rather complicated:

ADUC - Articolo - Nel nome del marito. Il cognome della moglie dopo il matrimonio

And besides that I do not know if Clotilde Courau have italian citizenship.

Anyhow even if Emanuele Filiberto's wife has the surname Courau-Savoia or just Courau this doesn't change anything.In Italy she is seen as an actress married to a rich aristocrat and nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Italian law (article 143bis of the Civil Code), the wife adds her husband's surname to her own surname and retains it during widowhood (but she loses it if she remarries - in this case, she would add to her own surname the surname of the new husband).
So, in her Italian passport Clotilde is Clotilde Courau-di Savoia.

In my passport I'm Tosca X (maiden name), my husband's surname doesn't show at all.

In my identity card I'm Tosca Y née X. I'm not obliged to sign by adding my husband's surname. I sign as Tosca X, not Tosca Y. Hope it's clear enough.:)

Clotilde Courau if he has an italian passport is just Clotilde Courau.

I don't think it's like that, since all Italian married women I know still have their maiden names in both passports and identity cards, driving licenses, etc.

Clotilde Courau is by italian law just Clotilde Courau.But anyhow it makes no difference of all for this french artist married to an italian aristocrat.

Ok, I've done some more researches, and from what I have understood married women can chose whether to add their husband's surname after their own surname or to just keep their own surname. It's up to them, it's a right they have but at the same time it isn't an obligation.

So, back to Clotilde, if she is an Italian citizen (and she has all the necessary requirements for being an Italian citizen) her legal surname may be or just Courau or Courau-di Savoia.

I suppose we spent too much time speaking about the surname of this french actress.

I'll go on with the Princess title ;)

Princess Clotilde attendet the IWC Presents Peter Lindbergh Exhibition during
the 64th Cannes Film Festival on May 15, 2011 in Cannes, France.

Cannes is one of the most important film festival and is rather normal that an actress as Clotilde Courau attends.I suppose she is aprecciated as actress.

MAY 17: Emmanuel de Savoie (L) and Clotilde Courau arrive for the de Grisogono dinner during the 64th Annual Cannes Film Festival at the Eden Roc hotel on May 17, 2011 in Antibes, France.

Daylife gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom