HRH Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde and Family 6: March 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emanuele Filiberto in his judge role at the Italian casting show Amici last night:

** Pic **

Vittoria from Savoia went to the border with Ukraine to take, together with a group of friends and some volunteers from the Peace Odyssey association, various goods, including food, medicine and games for children.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbrcM6_uIdK/

Apparently the Bank of Italy refuses to return jewels belonging to the House of Savoy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/24/...l-surfaces-time-cutoff-30_filter_new_arm_10_1

Hardly surprising. When the Savoys somewhat boldly wrote to the President of Italian Republic asking that the Quirinale Palace and the Villa Ada Park be returned to the family, I believe the Prime Minister at the time replied that the Savoys were not entitled to any compensation for the assets that the Republic confiscated from them and that, on the contrary, they should compensate Italy for "having supported Mussolini".

Maybe they will have more luck with the family jewels, as they are not "real estate", but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Hardly surprising. When the Savoys somewhat boldly wrote to the President of Italian Republic asking that the Quirinale Palace and the Villa Ada Park be returned to the family, I believe the Prime Minister at the time replied that the Savoys were not entitled to any compensation for the assets that the Republic confiscated from them and that, on the contrary, they should compensate Italy for "having supported Mussolini".

Maybe they will have more luck with the family jewels, as they are not "real estate", but I doubt it.

If the palaces were built by the Savoy family, then they should be returned to the family. I hope the Savoy family manages to recover some of their property and jewels.

But the Quirinale Palace is now the official residence of the President of the Rupublic, isn't it?

But the Quirinale Palace is the official residence of the President of the Republic of Italy, isn't it?

Yes, the Quirinale Palace is the official residence of the President of the Republic of Italy.

If the palaces were built by the Savoy family, then they should be returned to the family. I hope the Savoy family manages to recover some of their property and jewels.
The Quirinale was built as a Papal residence and taken over by the Savoys in 1871 so if anyone has a historic claim on the palace it's Pope Francis.

The Quirinale was built as a Papal residence and taken over by the Savoys in 1871 so if anyone has a historic claim on the palace it's Pope Francis.

What about the Royal Sites in Turin, which the House of Savoy held much earlier than that as Dukes of Savoy and Kings of Sardinia-Piedmont ? What happened to them?

Last edited:
On April 9 Prince Emanuele Filiberto attended the 4th Notte di Savoia Los Angeles Spring Charity Gala in Los Angeles, California:

** instagram gallery **

Yesterday, April 29, Prince Emanuele Filiberto attended the celebration for the 60th anniversary of the Gruppo Savoia in Milan, Italy:

** instagram gallery **

She forgot she is a Royal Highness ?
She failed being a Princess and a popular Actress .

Why would she need to remember to be a “Royal Highness”? Italy is a republic, her husband is a celebrity former prince. They have no role and no hope of a restoration.

Why would she need to remember to be a “Royal Highness”? Italy is a republic, her husband is a celebrity former prince. They have no role and no hope of a restoration.

They are not advocating any restoration. But Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia and his cousin Aimone di Savoia-Aosta are scions of an unbroken male lineage in one of Europe's most illustrious dynasties, starting with the first Savoy in 1003.

Reigning or not reigning, such a status simply comes with expectations of noblesse oblige, of upholding a certain dignity and prestige indeed.

But to be fair to Clotilde: at these events she is never HRH Princess Clotilde of Savoy, Princess of Piedmont, Princess of Venice. She precisely presents herself as the actrice Clotilde Courau. By the way: is extremely rare to see her with Prince Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia, both live their own independent lives.

True, but her husband is the heir to a dynasty that is a thousand years old and, to a large extent, still makes a living by selling honors like the Savoy orders, which were once among the most prestigious decorations in Europe (sorry if I am being unfair to Emanuele Filiberto's father, but that is how I see it).

Other deposed royal houses with equally hopeless prospects of restoration like the Habsburgs or the Bourbon-Orléans at least try to keep some decorum.

True, but her husband is the heir to a dynasty that is a thousand years old and, to a large extent, still makes a living by selling honors like the Savoy orders, which were once among the most prestigious decorations in Europe (sorry if I am being unfair to Emanuele Filiberto's father, but that is how I see it).

Other deposed royal houses with equally hopeless prospects of restoration like the Habsburgs or the Bourbon-Orléans at least try to keep some decorum.

They have no hopeless prospects: none of these families are actively pursueing a restoration at all. So they have accepted reality. They see themselves as scions of dynasties with an immense heritage and that is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is in the portrait he is looking at?
It looks like his great-great-grandmother Queen Margarita. She was known as the Pearl Queen because of her love of pearls. A great humanitarian and according to her descendants gifted with healing powers she's today most famous for having a pizza named after her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom